Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

There are always inconsistencies with quality, its just the nature of the beast. All companies fall victim to it.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wipe Out

My friend has had his for a long time and It still runs great. I don't get why some people can have bad luck while others have it perfect?
hear it is luck of the draw, my friend has been though tuning NIGHTMEARES!!!!!!!!! puts on a new pipe, can't tune it (ok, pipes fault), but he changes from top to Od, TUNING NIGHTMEARE, had constant probs with air leaks........... un cool stuff like that[], learnt on his rusty, lol, talk about TOUGH, lol, took all the beatin a newbe can throw at it
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Always Dreamin

Cough cough BRUSHLESS cough cough
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 AM
sheograth

Brushless is all good and well, but ESCs, batteries, and the rest of th car or truck still break from time to time.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Brushless is all good and well, but ESCs, batteries, and the rest of th car or truck still break from time to time.
Normally from what I've seen, they are much less pain then Nitro. Now that brushless cars are just as fast, I see no reason to go Nitro. Other then the fact that some people just like to tune for the fun of it.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
sheograth

Well thats the thing. For me, a huge part of the hobby is working on the vehicles - and when it comes to that I enjoy internal combustion engines far more than electric motors. And quite frankly, just take a look at the forums here - batteries, ESCs, chargers, etc seem to be a confusing and scary topic to many.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: Wipe Out

Normally from what I've seen, they are much less pain then Nitro. Now that brushless cars are just as fast, I see no reason to go Nitro. Other then the fact that some people just like to tune for the fun of it.
Brushless is less pain then nitro at times. But it's something about just fueling it up and running all day long with it. You just have to pull in and lift the tanks lid and pour fuel, takes less then a minute. With electric to run all day long you would need countless good batteries, a good charger or two and a power source for the chargers to recharge the batteries, so you can keep on running them. Then you have to pull the truck in take the lid off, take the battery strap off disconnect the battery grab the new battery plug it in and put the battery starp back on then turn the truck back on then put the body back on and then go have fun.

Plus for the price(I have both a xxx-nt and a xxx-t) the nitro's go faster then electric does, plus you dont have to worry about burning up your motor or esc if you dont have the gearing right.

But to get back on topic though, traxxas should have never have let that happen. When it comes to electrics they tend to put out more lemons then they do quality vehicles. Personally I would just go out and buy a quality esc and just get the pains over with. It's just better to go out and spend a little more money and make sur eyou do get a quality esc then to send it back to traxxas wait 3 or more weeks and hope that you didnt get another lemon. Personally the money spend would be worth the time that you get to run it and the frusteration that you no longer will have.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
sheograth

But to get back on topic though, traxxas should have never have let that happen. When it comes to electrics they tend to put out more lemons then they do quality vehicles. Personally I would just go out and buy a quality esc and just get the pains over with. It's just better to go out and spend a little more money and make sur eyou do get a quality esc then to send it back to traxxas wait 3 or more weeks and hope that you didnt get another lemon. Personally the money spend would be worth the time that you get to run it and the frusteration that you no longer will have.
I agree, their electric side is dictated by marketing to younger users with promises of SPEED SPEED SPEED, but the quality is definitely suffering. I don't see the same problems with their nitro models. The sad thing is that they've done a fine job of convincing a lot of users that RTR VXLs go as fast as they say. What they don't tell you, (and what other members have already said) is that you need to invest hundreds more into batteries and chargers to get advertised speeds out of them. On the nitro side, I find Traxxas' speed ratings quite accurate. I have a Jato 3.3 and a Nitro 4-tec 3.3, both hit the magical 65+ with a good tune and a lot of space, and thats without any hop ups.

Another thing that bothers me is the sheer emphasis on speed. Speed is on factor in determining how a car drives, but it isnt the end all and be all. Handling and driving mechanics are just as important to me, if not more so.