Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Venom battery packs

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom battery packs

My son came home yesturday from the lhs with a new Venom battery. I think it is a 7 cell 4500 pack. We race and only use 6 cell packs so IDK what he was thinking.

Two questions;

Are Venom packs any good as far as punch, longevety?

Is it worth the trouble taking this thing appart and removing a cell, or should he just keep it as is for bashing?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM
justinep

Default RE: Venom battery packs

I have a few venom 3300 6cell packs and never had a problem. They are perfect bash packs... Leave the cell on for the extra speed while bashing!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Clear2Close

venom lipo packs are ok, venom nimh packs belong in the garbage ...IMO from having venom nimh packs and switching to something different
Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
MT

I have a nimh, and I am disapointed. It just doesn't have much punch, or longevity. I think my cheap(forgot the brand)2400mah nicads have more arse than my Venom 3600mah nimh[:'(] The pack also seems like it does not perform as well as it did when it was new, but it has not been overly used either. I have a decent charger and I have cycled the pack several times, per the directions, and I also let the pack cool. That said, I might not have treated the Venom like a high-end race pack, but I did treat it decently and not abuse it. I know many around here are not happy with theirs either, maybe see if your LHS will take them back?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Venoms belong for bashing as they don`t give out much performance . For racing you want a good set of matched packs either team or economy packs will do . SMC , Slingshot , Trinity , Reedy , Orion/Peak , and others make good matched packs that won`t cost a fortune and probably not too much more than what your son paid for the venom pack .
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
vdubman

I bought 4 venom 3300 packs and i use 3 to my buddys 1 dtx4200 pack so i sold them on e bay and bought dtx packs. i didnt like them at all
Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Jason83

ive blown 3 6cell 4200 nimh packs in my drifter.. imo there one of the worst packs money can buy. i have there lipo and its great so far only used it twice so we'll see.
STAY AWAY FROM VENOM.. Batteries are the lifeblood of your RC.. spend that bit extra get decent packs.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Ttowntoolman

Thanks for the opinions, much apreciated! I am too late though, he already hacked the plug off and soldered on a deans. I told him he could not race that pack because we have a 6 cell limit, so he just ripped the 7th cell off.[:@] It is his money so we will see how his car performs with that battery tonight at the race track.