Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

TTR TRUGGIES BUGGIES & MONSTERS OH MY!

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TTR TRUGGIES BUGGIES & MONSTERS OH MY!

Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TTR TRUGGIES BUGGIES & MONSTERS OH MY!

I kept this around as a conversation starter. The head looks perfect sitting there, when you pick it up though!

I had a servo glitching on me, before I figured out my problem, I got to watch a brand new Thunder Tiger Pro 70 EK-4 go racing across the high school parking lot, wide open into an 8" curb. It broke both front wheels, bent the belly pan a little and bent the front and rear dog bones. When it hit, I saw something round fly off, I assumed it was a tire and wheel, nope....

It hit hard enough to break the head casting just above the head bolts. I could not believe it!

They sure do a nice job of finishing the part of the head you normally would not see. [8D]

In the photo below, the left half is the bottom of the head that seals on the sleeve and the right half is the top of the head. This was not an easy part to find. I finally found the Nova heads and bought a couple of those, eventually I found a couple of MSJ heads and a replacement head. That was about 150 dollars to fix that crash. It was a brand new Futaba servo that did this damage, less than ten minutes of run time. What a way to break in a new 70!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:25 AM
dirthead

Wow bud that 55 gal. drum must be filling up now,lol
How's everything now?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:06 PM
BudBud

If I had kept them, I would have a really good start on that drum. Oh well... it is part of the game.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
dirthead

Actually a 55 gal. drum might be a good way to transport all my stuff to the track,lol
2 cars, ST-1, and S3,
tool box
parts box
fuel can
tire and wheel box
radio
[8D][)][8D]
Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
dirthead

I have great news our track is actually open, (NO MORE SNOW!!) alot sooner than I thought.
My 2 tigers, ST-1 pro, and S3 performed flawlessly, was running aesome till I lost a lock nut on the rear turnbuckle of the st-1 easy fix though. My axial 28 rr runs really strong, and the TTR .21 goes pretty good too, only have 6 tanks on it though, still breaking it in. Too fast for the truggies though! There were a couple of hot bodies lightning pro truggs, a hellfire, and a revo there, and my tigers ate em up.
Secret, I slowed down some, and my lap times decreased conciderably. The steering mod works awesomely, if not too fast! The ace 1015 servo is incrediblly fast and super strong! gotta love these machines!!!
Can't wait to race now!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM
BudBud

I took the P3 powered EB4 out today and burned up some rubber. Playing with monster trucks all the time makes one forget how insanely quick these buggies are. It was way more than my nephew's OS18 powered RC10GT2 wanted. BB
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
dirthead

Those Picco's are sweet! Haha, that rc 10 didn't stand a chance!
My ttr .21 motor is running pretty good too, it's not a rocket mind you, but it has really contollable power, which makes for my quickest lap times to date. I couldn't do those laps consistently with my p5x motor, and it was quite a bit stronger.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
BudBud

I am just a basher, so big four wheel drive drifts are cool, so are frisbies instead of tires. I have a new Orion (Picco) 26 that I have been thinking about putting on it. Then I can buy an ST-1 for my Picco, that almost sounds backwards. BB
Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 AM
TTR_EB4

i just put my eb4 s2 rtr motor in my other buggy and it goes great, its a Thunder Tiger 21 BX-R pro
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 PM
dirthead

Yeah the TTR motors are really easy to break in and run, I had no issues with mine yet doesn't even stall when it should lol.

Hey budbud, if ya got pics of those frisbees or drifts, would love to see em!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

I'm going to buy one after I sell my T-Maxx. Probably from amain (best price). What upgrades are recommended at first. Like really really really needed. I think a wing is one.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: dirthead

Yeah the TTR motors are really easy to break in and run, I had no issues with mine yet doesn't even stall when it should lol.

Hey budbud, if ya got pics of those frisbees or drifts, would love to see em!
I will try to get a video of the thing rippping around, kind of fun really. [8D] BB
Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
BudBud

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWTOXrYT7tw]I do have this video of my son driving it. It is kind of poor due to the deep grass.[/link] bb
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 PM
dirthead

cool vid would love to see it on pavement, or on dirt!

jtnktz what exactly are you gonna get?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: dirthead

cool vid would love to see it on pavement, or on dirt!

jtnktz what exactly are you gonna get?
I can do that too, it is extremely hard on tires on pavement. It will destroy a new set of tires in about four tanks of fuel. I will probably get a dirt or very short grass video for you. BB
Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 AM
dustinbleh

here is my st-1 pro. i got it in a trade from an RCU member that lives nearby, and havent had a chance to drive it yet.. i love the build quality of this unit.. its truly impressive. i cant wait to drive it, and see what its made of!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37746.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	982586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55927.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	982587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33120.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	982588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52578.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	982589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24455.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	982590  
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 AM
BudBud

That looks pretty sweet! I found another TT EK4 when I was working in the basements yesterday. This one has the huge purple head on it that TTR offered as an upgrade. It is pretty bad when you forget about complete trucks. I will try to remember to grab a photo. BB
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 AM
dustinbleh

nice
Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
dirthead

Hey bud that's pretty bad when you trip over something, and when you look down it's a truck.lol
dusti, I'll have to check your pics at work where I have high-speed, I only have dial-up here, and it's taking forever to open

Here's my ST-1 pro, and an update on the wing paint-job, the paint is sticking really well as you can see.
This is after about 20 tanks run through it, and not a scratch!
The truggy is holding up really well too, I did some major bashing on the weekend, and didn't break anyting! Tonight the clutch let go though, and ended my day a bit early, but not before about 6 tanks. Oh and I hit head on with a baja 1/5 scale buggy, and broke the buggy.lol These TTR's are super tough!

I don't have time to upload all the photos now, so I'll do more when I get back.
Here's 1/2 the track.

Name:	Ki19777.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	592.1 KB
ID:	982639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46941.jpg
Size:	467.5 KB
ID:	982640  
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
slayerphonics

Hey dirt head that was some serious snow on your house, i'm surprised the trusses can take all that weight, Id rather be in 90+ degree weather then snow any day, When its to like 50 here, i'm thinking shut the city down its just to cold,

Guess i'm spoiled living 2 miles from the beach in Florida although you have a way better track.

I posted this before in another thread, i know the fuel line is to short, and its really dirty but I took the picture after i got back from the track, my fuel line got caught in my gearing and thats all i had left.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
calvino

now im the owner of a St-1 im shocked at all the stuff that is on it, really a good deal, kindof a good and bad thing that its an 'insiders truck", hey, even durring breakin the engine was making this puppy fly

Name:	Ge94293.jpg
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	982796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80615.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	982797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30263.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	982798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13511.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	982799  
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
BudBud

Wow! Another great looking ride!

Here is my newly discovered EK-4 I see that it has some heavy duty servos, good compression, some kind of staggered rear shock modification, a crazy looking body mount, and two broken wheels. The suspension seems to be tight and the pan has no scratches. I am guessing it was not run very much. I really should try starting it. I remember buying it for parts when I was looking for a cooling head for one I wrecked. Just for fun, the left front tire has the original heli head on it, the left rear tire has the later S-2 head, the engine on the floor has the MSJ "refrigerator" head and the engine mounted in the truck has the early S-2 head, which was huge and ugly with very easy fins to break. It has a couple of scratches on top, but no broken fins. I doubt I will run it as they were very easy to break. A nice find, maybe I should go look some more..... this one was hanging by the shock tower from a floor stringer back in the corner of the basement. Looking at that little head, it is easy to see why they were hard to keep tuned, that thing proboably got hot in two minutes without the heli blades blowing down on it. BB

Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 PM
TBR1052

Seems like there are a lot of Thunder Tiger fans on this thread. I have a TTR EB4 S3 buggy that I would like to sell or trade for a truggy. The buggy has a lot of upgraded parts on it as well as a bunch of spares. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks guys. I can send pics if anyone is interested.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:01 AM
dirthead

Hey dustin what did you trade for that ST-1? Do you still have it?, How do you like it?[8D]

Here's pics of my newly rebuilt and upgraded S3, with it's newly rebuilt Novarossi P5X![>:]

Cant wait to break her in. Gonna be a while snowing right now, prolly another 3 months before season starts here.[&o]

Name:	He97246.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1129972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70171.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1129973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16928.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	71.6 KB