Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

**OFFICIAL** MXT-2S THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **OFFICIAL** MXT-2S THREAD

Lol,,,,,Since there was No Actual FOOTAGE of me Slamming (uuuh..Clipping...) the curb,,,,I have Plausible Deniability!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
kuppler

lol... i have 1st hand knowledge that there isnt just Clipping... i have tuns of footage to prove it.. HAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Redharris

[X(][sm=drowning.gif]
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
kuppler

lol.... ok rich i wont tell anyone... lets keep it on the DL. [:-]
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 AM
dabs

Sounds like a beast bud, nice 1

almost sounds like a bike
Old 08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Redharris

Hey Guys......

Those of you who Know me,,,,,know that I have been trying to figure out how to mount Tire/Rim combos of 14mm and 17 mm hex since the First Day that I got my MXT2S.
I even Suggested to Himoto Corporate (Colin) that they make Upgrade Hexes in those sizes so that we could mount any size rim we desired.
HimotoRacingUSA went so far as to commission up a bunch of 14mm Extenders (12 mm also) which was cool,,,,but there are not very many 14mm Hex rims made any more, leaving us with few choices if we wanted to Customize our Himotos.

Well ,,,I FINALLY figured out how to Do It!.
Here are a few Pics of my MXT2s with 1/8 Buggy tires/rims (17mm Hex).....Which I ran today (sorry no video)
For those of you who are thinking to convert your MXT2s int a CORR truck by doing this Mod,,,,Forget It!
The Gearing is TOTALLY WRONG for these size tires and its a DOG! I'd say MAYBE 20 mph (if I was Lucky) and the engine was SCREAMING to do That.....
SO.....Buy the HIMOTO CORR Truck from Eddie if you want one........
However,,,this IS a good mod to do if you want to install 1/8 MT or Truugy tires,,,which does not change the gearing and works Great!
Tomorrow I will take some Pics with the Truggy Tires/rims.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71038.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1250420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33571.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1250421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64939.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1250422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47660.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1250423  
Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Hey Guys......

Those of you who Know me,,,,,know that I have been trying to figure out how to mount Tire/Rim combos of 14mm and 17 mm hex since the First Day that I got my MXT2S.
I even Suggested to Himoto Corporate (Colin) that they make Upgrade Hexes in those sizes so that we could mount any size rim we desired.
HimotoRacingUSA went so far as to commission up a bunch of 14mm Extenders (12 mm also) which was cool,,,,but there are not very many 14mm Hex rims made any more, leaving us with few choices if we wanted to Customize our Himotos.

Well ,,,I FINALLY figured out how to Do It!.
Here are a few Pics of my MXT2s with 1/8 Buggy tires/rims (17mm Hex).....Which I ran today (sorry no video)
For those of you who are thinking to convert your MXT2s int a CORR truck by doing this Mod,,,,Forget It!
The Gearing is TOTALLY WRONG for these size tires and its a DOG! I'd say MAYBE 20 mph (if I was Lucky) and the engine was SCREAMING to do That.....
SO.....Buy the HIMOTO CORR Truck from Eddie if you want one........
However,,,this IS a good mod to do if you want to install 1/8 MT or Truugy tires,,,which does not change the gearing and works Great!
Tomorrow I will take some Pics with the Truggy Tires/rims.
lol, I actually wanted to do that to my mxt-2s. I put it next to the slash and the wheelbases are actually almost identical. So did you just put on 1/8 buggy wheels with 17mm adaptors and a corr body? Which body is that?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-05-2009, 10:11 AM
guy4x4

What other brand rims will fit stock Mxt tire.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Redharris

Tom.....
Yeah those are 1/8 buggy rims/tires that I took off my RXB-1 and mounted on the MXT2S, using the Adapters that I made.....

Guy.....
I dont know the Answer to your Questions, as I have never taken the tires OFF the MXT rims. So,,,I dont Know if the Rims are STANDARD or something Funky that the Himoto engineers dreamed up. Tom (Pede) would Know. He has actually taken the tires OFF the MXT rims....
Maybe he will chime in here.....
Old 08-05-2009, 09:57 PM
pede_187

When I took them apart they pretty much looks like normal rims. Nothing really funky going on there. I just went out to the garage and measured the wheels and they appear to be somewhere in between 3 1/2 and 3 9/16 inches in diameter. What rims would match that, I'm really not sure but I'll search around for you.

And oh Rich, just had a thought for your CORR truck idea. What if you ran the MTR/MXB center diff in there. Since it appears that the center diff is geared lower. The center diff would probably actually gear it pretty close since the mxb/mtr tires are actually a bit smaller than 1/8 buggy tires. You could probably just lower the clutchbell pinion like 1-2 teeth with the center diff.

EDIT: I found some Proline 3.7'' yellow and white dish rims with no offset or 1/2'' offset. But in order to do so, you will need to run 17mm hexes like shown in Rich's post. Those wheels are a little bit bigger but I think you might be able to squeeze them on (they are a little less than 0.2'' larger in diameter than the stock rims so you would have to stretch them on the rim).

[link=http://www.prolineracing.com/p-508-velocity-lpr-37-front-or-rear-zero-offset-wheels-2-for-18-truck.aspx]LRP Velocity w/ Zero Offset[/link]

[link=http://www.prolineracing.com/p-522-velocity-lpr-37-front-or-rear-12-offset-wheels-2-for-18-truck.aspx]LRP Velocity w/ 1/2'' Offset[/link]
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Redharris

[quote]ORIGINAL: pede_187

And oh Rich, just had a thought for your CORR truck idea. What if you ran the MTR/MXB center diff in there. Since it appears that the center diff is geared lower. The center diff would probably actually gear it pretty close since the mxb/mtr tires are actually a bit smaller than 1/8 buggy tires. You could probably just lower the clutchbell pinion like 1-2 teeth with the center diff.

Thats a Great Idea Tom...
Sounds like it might actually work.
Im not really interested in converting my MXTto a CORR truck though...LOL..
I just threw on those Buggy rims to test out my 17mm Hex Conversion, (which works fine, by the way). And decided to RUN it to see what it would Do....

P.S.
That Body is from my SLASH.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
pede_187

Thank you Rich. Could have a possible project somewhere ahead. Did the width of the body match up with the width of the MXT with the buggy rims? And btw, do you happen to have any pictures of what you did with the 17mm adapters?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Redharris

Here is a Project I have been working on for a While Now....

I Modded my MXT2s to run a Rancho Gas Tank. This gives me 125 cc of fuel as opposed the the Stock 75cc tank, (Almost Double!). Here are the Steps do do this for yourself.

1. Make a cardboard template of the original tank Plate, and cut it out. Trace the original tank outline for Reference.

2. Trace the NEW tank outline and cut it out.

3 Check the FIT of your cardboard Plate with and without the tank. Remember to place the Tank AWAY from moving parts like the cab, carb linkage, Drive shaft or suspension.

4 Use your Cardboard Template to Trace and cut out a new Template using clear Plexiglass, (found at your local hardware store). I used a Coping saw to cut the Plexiglass. The Clear Plexiglass will allow you to see where to drill your mounting Holes.

5. Its important to get the fit Just Right, so take your time here. Drill, Cut, Dremmel, and File the Plexi until you get the Fit as perfect as you possibly can. This is also where you will figure out where to put the Screws for mounting the Larger tank.

6. Use your Clear Template to trace the design onto some 3mm Fiberglass plate. (Get it on EBAY for $15- $20 for a piece big enough to make TWO Plates.) You don't need Carbon fiber for this project. The fiberglass is PLENTY Strong/Stiff and is 3 times cheaper.

7 Use your coping saw to cut the outline as close as posible to the pencil trace lines. To cut out the part where the Tank drops in, you must drill a couple holes in the Corners of what will be the Tank Cutout. You can then disassemble the coping saw and thead the blade though one of those holes. Reassemble the saw and cut out the section where the Tank will go.

8. Repeat step 5....Drill, Cut, Dremmel, and File the Fiberglass plate until you get the Fit as perfect as you possibly can. A very Coarse Wood Rasp (Hand File) works VERY well to remove large amounts of material from the Fiberglass and is much easier to control (for a straight line) than the Dremmel.....The Dremmel is good in Tight areas...Take your time,,,,you are nearing the finish line!

9. Once you have got your Plate all cut out,,,,,use some 320 grit sandpaper to smooth the rough edges and then Seal those edges with some Crazy Glue.

!0. You should have something that resembles Pic# 17. All thats left is to Mount it and the New Tank to you Rig and enjoy Extended Driving Times!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 PM
pede_187

Man, that looks great! Looks like it belongs there. Figure like 15-18 minutes on a tank?!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 AM
kuppler

Looks good rich.... but to tell everyone.. it looks even better in person....

ORIGINAL: pede_187

Man, that looks great! Looks like it belongs there. Figure like 15-18 minutes on a tank?!
tom im thinking more like 20-25min.. maybe even longer..... its a huge tank... and remember its a .18 motor.......
Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 AM
jpilkinton

That is very nice. Good job!
If I EVER get around to starting up my monster MXT-2S, I will be looking into getting a larger tank.
I plan on getting larger fuel tanks for all of my rc's. I couldn't imagine the runtime I would have on them SH 07's and Infinity 05's.......
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
guy4x4

Thanks for the info guy's also thinking Rancho wheels and tires would look good and there 17mm tempting to order adapters.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Redharris

Hey Guys.....
I made another Mod,,,(and Probably the Last One on the MXT).
Here is the Latest Incarnation of my MXT2S.....
It is set up for Big Air.....
Revo Shocks on all 4 corners,,,,and Losi 8eight T rims/tires......

Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
pede_187

Oh wow that looks sweet. I've been jelous of you ever since you started modding your mxt lol
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 AM
guy4x4

Rich you have to get vid up with that last setup looks so cool also how did you convert to 17mm?Mine came with 125cc tank can't you just order one from himoto rather then having to mod to get tank to fit part number 801-016

Name:	Vt56985.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1251645  
Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: guy4x4
Mine came with 125cc tank can't you just order one from himoto rather then having to mod to get tank to fit part number 801-016
Eddie said the container that has the .21 version of the MXT-2S and other stuff is held up in customs....
We probably could order from Himotoracing.com, but I would rather wait untill Eddie has them. He will have my name on 2 of them fuel tanks!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

Mine came with 125cc tank can't you just order one from himoto rather then having to mod to get tank to fit part number 801-016
Eddie said the container that has the .21 version of the MXT-2S and other stuff is held up in customs....
We probably could order from Himotoracing.com, but I would rather wait untill Eddie has them. He will have my name on 2 of them fuel tanks!
exactly

I will find out if we have them or i can get some for you guys.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Redharris

Rich you have to get vid up with that last setup looks so cool also how did you convert to 17mm?Mine came with 125cc tank can't you just order one from himoto rather then having to mod to get tank to fit part number 801-016
Lol....I started Working up this Mod before the Big Block MXT came Out......
It just Took me a while to Finish it and in the Meantime the new model got released.....
Now,,,I might have to mod it to 150 cc...

I Will make a post showing how I did the 17 mm Hex Mod. But first I have to talk to Eddie about some axle p/n's.
You see,,,,a while back, I ordered some MXT2s axles from Eddie and I GOT some OTHER axles that were LONGER(and mis- Identified as MXT axles. I ended up using these Longer axles in the Mod to make the wheelbase wider as well as add 17 mm hex.

So,,,,when I find out the p/n of these wider axles,,,I will post the mod....
Here is a pic of the Stock MXT axles,,,next to the Mystery axles (in the bag with the stock p/n)

Name:	Nl30420.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1252009  
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1.  we have the larger fuel tanks in stock, part -  801-016

thats the correct axle rich, there was a change in the setup, there are the regular 903-013 and the new (longer ones) 903-013n
Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Redharris

Thats SWEET Eddie!
I'm gonna need me another set of those Long axles so I can put some Nice Soft Compound 1/8 Buggy rims/tires on my MXB-3 Buggy.....

I will get to work on a Post of the 17mm Hex mod and get it POSTED UP this weekend for sure......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.