Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas vs. hpi or losi

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was it really worth resurrecting this thread to prove what was said 5 years ago is now wrong, but wasn't at the time?
Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really depends on what you want out of the car.

If you just want to mess around in the back yard or bash on something Traxxas is really the way to go.

If you want to Race then Losi is a pretty good choice just be sure to buy something new. A few years back they were selling JUNK.. Car that were literally so bad people would give them away to throw them away. True story. I saw someone so mad at their Strike that he threw it in the trash (got me a free strike)..

As for HPI. For a while their stuff was almost unbeatable. Now it's really hit or miss. I've had good luck with one of my Blitzs then i get another one and half the screws are missing. Buy at your own risk.

All said I prefer old school so Tamiya is still my favorite. RC cars with some character... Even if it's not always good
Old 01-19-2017, 10:05 PM
NSSpeed5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Losi is a good brand for off road and racing,Traxxas is good for bashing,and HPI is good for on road and drifting and or just having fun.There are other companies like Kyosho,Xray,Exceed RC,and more.But if it comes down to Traxxas, HPI, and Losi,then it depends what you want to do.Bash=Traxxas,Race=Losi,On road=HPI.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:44 PM
The Saylors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What i tell people is try them out, don't get hung up on one brand. Traxxas has kind of made an enemy out of me, i used to really love my slash but it quickly turned into a money pit. Also don't rely on their warranty, had a motor go out in less than thirty days so i called them to get a replacement. They proceeded to tell me that they warranty the entire truck except for the motor. I called shenanigans and told them that even the front of the box states full warranty. They said too bad. So i told them that i would be filing a BBB report on the incident. An hour later they called me back and said that they would be happy to fulfill the warranty -.- Seemed super shady to me so that was the last model i ever bought from them. Still had to pay shipping both ways, total crap. Losi i have had good luck with, i still have a vintage brushed truck from them that i had as a kid. Have never had an Hpi so i can't comment on them but i have heard some good things. Have a good one and enjoy the personal preference war that you've started

Alex