Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Vent about rc cars you regret buying..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Vent about rc cars you regret buying..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:27 AM
kingtiger1028
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vent about rc cars you regret buying..

street force gp2[:@][:@][:@] sent the car back they said that they fixed the engine..tried it again and the car got pass a half tank of break in after the clutch spring broke.

Don't even get me started on Trinity[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
wolfgang123

my GT2....i cant run it for more than 2 tanks of fuel at a time without something breaking
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM
yellow1

recently, i picked up a used XRAY MT18T... perhaps that was my first mistake. anyhow, the seller said it was in excellent condition, but of course, it wasn't.

the laundry list of items i had to replace were:
* the entire drive-line which was extremely worn down
* frozen ball bearings, which resulted in broken drive shafts
* cut up plastic chassis
* Aluminum shocks, all around, which of course, were not
* some type of weird hack job on the body posts/shock mounts , which i have to replace, so i can properly mount a new body...

i pretty much need to rebuild the darn thing from scratch... for the total of all the costs for this car... i could have just purchased a new RTR kit. sigh. live and learn, i guess.

and the worst part... right as i was going to flame the guy and publicly give him heck.. the site (one18th.com) went down for the count a week later.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
rschoi_75

^ Sorry to hear you got screwed in the deal. On the bright side, the xray m18mt is one of the best mini's around... when everything is working. But I'd still be pissed about the deal. Did you pay by paypal? You should submit a dispute and try to get your funds back. Or post on here or rctech.net about the seller.

My worst r/c ever was an original tmaxx. I'm sure I don't have to go into too much detail since most people know how bad the bulkheads were on the OG Tmaxx. Not a fun truck for the amount of money I dumped into it.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Knightwind007

Well , i am sad to say i was one of the first owners in the world of the brand new Traxxas Bullet. Destined to knock off the rc-10 as the premier 1/10 buggy. Well, um NOT!!!. Without a doubt the biggest piece of crap out of the 300+ cars i have owned. I didnt learn my lesson and promptly bought a Traxxas nitro hawk. All of the engine problems everyone complains about with traxxas all started here. I learned my lesson and didnt buy another traxxas product till the last couple years. I have to say all my 3.3 engines run very well considering the source. As a side note i absolutly love my revos, but there is a standing joke between me and my roomate that in you mention racing in the presence of a revo a part will fall off. No joke. i have a revo with over $3000 in upgrades and my lst2 and muggy will run circles around it.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
zimm11

my peace of junk team ae rc18t it burnt the motor after like 20 runes omg and ae is like the stupidest brand omg i needed to let that go
Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few. First would be my 2nd hobby class R/C vehicle, a Kyosho Outlaw Raider. I got it in '92 or '93 I think. I thought it would be a big improvement over my Blackfoot but it was sooo slow and had constant tranny problems. Next would be the T-Maxx I bought last year/. I don't so much regret buying it though, I regret upgrading it. Everyone warned me not to get a T-Maxx, but I found a new in box original Pro .15 T-Maxx for such a great price that I couldn't resist. It was a really good truck and I liked it alot, so much so that I also bought an E-Maxx. Over time though I upgraded it little by little to full 3.3 spec, and then could never drive it without something breaking. Also the 3.3 engine was horrible. I had the same experience with the E-Maxx too, stock was great but once I started upgrading it it all went down hill. I sold both the Maxx's but I still have that Pro .15 engine, although not very powerful that is a great engine and I would love to find a cheap T-Maxx roller to put it in.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Inside_Line

I've heard the Losi 8 buggys have severe servo throttle issues,... anyone else heard that? I guess if you have to install 3-4 hundred dollar servos one after the other, you might think the Losi 8 is the worst RC car ever. But I guess if your racing to win, you have to have a Losi these days...[&:]
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluebrew

Dale, I think there are a lot of us who prefer nitros to gas. It's mostly about the engine for me and those gas 2 strokes are so ho-hum everyday stuff! Heck, around here there's an Amish girl sportin' a weedwacker everywhere you look! That and nitros just SCREAM!!!

Half the fun of owning a nitro is all the tinkering and toying, and learning the engine itself. The gasoline engine, eh whatever get it tuned it's good to go unless you change altitude or go from 120F to -40F overnight, lol. The other half is the rewarding scream of a tiny little engine screaming about at about 30,000RPM or so. Such beautiful music, it is...

ORIGINAL: adam-69

if engines are allowed in this discussion then i nominate the cen - nx26. my first buggy was an rtr cen matrix with this paperweight driving it along. it was horrible, i thought it had a nice tune until like 1 month after getting it it went ca-poop and seized, for no reason [&:] wasn't lean or anything. i (being a noob) got the pliers out and cranked it over with the flywheel, and started to run it again . then it eventually died and was replaced with a go. engine. OK so you may be thinking user error? i bumped into the cen Ireland rep at the grp Irish challenge and he got the engine replaced for free just cause it was a free engine.. so i tried to break it in a couple of months ago (it had no pinch..) and as it started the temperature rocketed to 280 degrees in seconds, and that was running super rich break in settings. i thought i had an air leak so checked and sealed the whole engine and tried again..same thing [:@]. so far the engine has two tanks through it ha ha.

I can't say I'm fond of CEN's engines myself. I got two gallons out of my NT16, so I suspose it was a better than average engine. It did have little-to-no power compared to the OS mill I have now(Needed 2wd just to donut, OS engine can spin all four tires on command!). I also somehow snapped the crank off right infront of the drive washer, don't ask me how. I suspect a loose pilot shaft, but have no proof to this end. I never could keep that flywheel tight anywho. Also, after I replaced it, I tore it down and went through it with a fine-toothed comb. CEN actually forgot to machine a transfer port into the crankcase! The bearings leaked, especially the start shaft bushing, and near the end of it's short life the pullstarter went to hell. The truck it was mounted in, however, is a great truck and I have no non-operator-error breaks to report from it. Both stripped spurs, busted outdrive(Lol I had the rear track too wide and put the dogbone at the end of the outdrive) and all the plastic-gear steering servos I kept throwing in it. lol. I've never broken a control arm, ball cup or bent anything too badly. I have bent the shock towers a few times from rollovers without a shell, but I just stab a screwdriver through teh cutouts, straighten them back out and resume driving. :P Tough little truck, this.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 PM
vdubman

Warhead evo now theres a piece of crap. hard to tune and trannys are junk and the diff's are trash and the list goes on. and i own many nitro trucks and they all have been very faithfull to me but this truck really is crap
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Xtfreak

My T-MAXX ahh I love that thing. I actually like all mr RC's
Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
andrewtexas123

ORIGINAL: zimm11

my peace of junk team ae rc18t it burnt the motor after like 20 runes omg and ae is like the stupidest brand omg i needed to let that go
Some one sounds like a girl with all of there "omg" lol

Andrew
Old 07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Shompola

None really. If anything happens, it is me doing something stupid or not being careful enough.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Adam Bailey

I was severely disappointed with my Bruiser purchase years ago, I knew it was an awesome vehicle so I shelved it and never drove it and it just rusted out sitting there as a never driven. I wasn't as popular as it is today so more my regret of selling it in like 1992, but it did rust out sitting on a shelf.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
westphill24

Anything sportwerks. Not because they make bad cars its just there support sucks. They rarely make any upgrades for the cars and since they dont really promote them nobody else does either. I see so many people loving their products and they all complain about the support. Right now I lost one of my screws that are about 4X20 and I cant find them anywhere not even on horizon hobby website.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
DriftingDragon

my 3905 emaxx destroyed 1 of my batteries so now it has to go
Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
The Hedgehog

I'm annoyed my Savage never breaks so I never have the excuse to upgrade anything.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
KAZACHARY
My Feedback: (5)

I don't understand all the traxxas bashing. I have a rustler, a street sport and an e-maxx and they're all great. I bought my rusty from a friend, who's 9 year old brother constantly wrecked it. My friend, a traxxas hater, beat the crap out of it. The XL-5 survived all of the over-gearing, and outlasted 2 motors before it finally died of a battery short. None of the main components of the truck ever suffered and damage, save for the caster blocks. And that XL-5 era transmission is bulletproof. I bash my emaxx beyond what any other rig i've ever owned could handle, and i've never broken anything. I've hit a curb so hard it bent the frame, and it didn't even crack a bulkhead. In my experience, Traxxas cars are also the easiest to work on.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
andrewtexas123

Really any of Cen's bashers are all really low quality and are not worth it! The racer's are a bit better quality but Im still staying far away from them!

Andrew
Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

most horrible one ever is the micro t!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:59 PM
HoaRC

micro t is an obvious riposs don't you think?

"my peace of junk team ae rc18t it burnt the motor after like 20 runes omg and ae is like the stupidest brand omg i needed to let that go"

I agree that rc18t can be a big pain in the *** but the motor is fine. It's the steering slop that's the stupidest on this car...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Inside_Line

I've heard the Losi 8 buggys have severe servo throttle issues,... anyone else heard that? I guess if you have to install 3-4 hundred dollar servos one after the other, you might think the Losi 8 is the worst RC car ever. But I guess if your racing to win, you have to have a Losi these days...[&:]
the stock Spectrum throttle servo's are what goes, i switched mine out and haven't an issue since (knock on wood), but it was also a problem with the stock RTR chassis that was flexing too much

as far as the garbage i've owned....the Sportwerks Chaos and HPI RS4 3 Evo were the 2 biggest pieces of garbage i've ever owned
Old 07-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Stunt4life

I had a ofna lx ultra comp that i hated. Soo many problems, fixed everything went to track on race day all ready and dnf'd constantly finally said screw it and rc. Here I am 2 yrs later with a firestorm that is lame and a robitronic protos coming in tommorw that better be ok.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:14 AM
phantom_10

Well I just bought the LOSI Speed-t and I love it. the only thing that pissed me off about it is the diff, I screwed it up in less than 3 runs.. i'll be buying diff balls tomorrow so i'll see how that goes.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Hack u 2

Trinity Next. I actually bought 2 for my small scale rc back yard track. Both cars are lemons. These sure look awesome when you look at them at glance, but everything breaks. Weak one way bearing, do not keep good tune due to small motor size, everything....I mean everthing can break if you touch it wrong except alum. chassis. Even the bodies sukazz! Trinity I still love other products but go back to the drawing board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Actually the body clips are well built along with the Manual!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.