Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Better shocks?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
capew246s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better shocks?

Can someone tell me what the piggyback style shocks do? I understand that there is a reservoir on it. But I don't understand what it realy does or why it is needed or why it's so much better. Someone please help this poor noob out!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
number40
Banned

Default RE: Better shocks?

most shocks have a certain, though minute, amount of air that remain in them at all times. what having hte piggybacks do is that it can suck a certain amount of that extra reserved oil into the shock. for the most part they are designed to copy the realworld ones used on 1:1 offraod desert trucks and monster trucks. but I had a factory suspension guru tell me once that they're a tremendous waste of time for our use and hobby and more cool looking than practical and why you don't see them on any rc racers
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
sloppyG

they're 100% decorative

the RC version's don't even work like the full size ones do, which have a PRESSURIZED reservoir

the reservoir, without pressure means nothing but added weight, and makes you look like a poser
Old 05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
systemlord

I remember the Monster GT coming with out fake reservoirs, what a sick JOKE!