Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ever let someone drive your RC and end up wishing you hadnt?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ever let someone drive your RC and end up wishing you hadnt?

Old 10-02-2003, 01:40 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever let someone drive your RC and end up wishing you hadnt?

i no ai now i got a new car and i carry the remote with me at all times while the engins runnung
Old 10-02-2003, 02:48 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

i cant see why?
not

ie good idea
Old 10-02-2003, 05:52 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

i love my super charger next im thikn of a intercoller any one done it with little weight cause iv seen some that wau heaps mine ways less 1.5 grams extra but it helps more grip
Old 10-02-2003, 06:11 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

? a 1.5 gram intercooler? that gives more grip??
Old 10-02-2003, 06:15 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

not intercoller my all my mods
incuding super charger
Old 10-02-2003, 06:19 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

alwrightythen
Old 01-28-2005, 06:17 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

I had a duratrax street force as my first car and one of my uncles friends wanted to drive it real bad. I couldnt say no because i had ridden in his car for about 300 miles on a trip and he was my ride home. Anyway i was like be careful man and he was like yea yea i had an electric radio shack car a couple years ago. he drove it in circles and was getting brave, he started gunning it and braking and holding down the throttle from brake. Im about to piss my pants cause of what hes doing then he just full throttles it and jumps it into a huge dirt ditch. The car was upside down covered in dirt, dirt was flying all over the place, i haul a@@ to the car and it stalls out. I pick it up and front and rear shocktowers are broke, rear suspension arm is broken, cylinder head is all scraped up, front bumper is broken, car is covered in dirt. The a@@ hole didnt even off to pay for, he didnt even say sorry man, later i also realized he broke the rear differential in some weird way. NEVER AGAIN WILL I LET SOMEONE DRIVE MY CAR UNLESS THEY OFFER TO LET ME DRIVE THEIR CAR AT THE SAME TIME, SO IF THEY CRASH MINE IM GONNA FULL THROTTLE THEIR INTO WHATEVER I CAN FIND!!.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

i dont let anyone even touch the remote to my car, i let my dad drive my other car before, and he went smack into a curb, i dunt trust anyone
Old 01-28-2005, 11:27 PM
WHester

Ok, just got my first nitro car, crappy but it works. so my friend said let me drive it, i told him not to hold it all the way down, if u press it a lil bit, it will go slow. so first thing he does when he gets the controller, full speed right into a wall.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:43 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Funny thread. When I first wrote it I had never seen a R/C helicopter fly. Now I am a decent heli pilot with my miniature Aircraft Tempest FAI 90 size. Nothing has changed. I am the only guy to fly it.

Ive actually set the RC stuff to the side to make room for my new/old hobby of motocross. Been riding since 6, but just rediscovered the sport after a long break off. Im sure Ill be back doing RC at some point, as Ive invested too much time/money to just walk away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47200.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	222146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40578.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	222147  
Old 01-29-2005, 01:35 PM
joelacrane

I just got a 2003 Honda CRF230, and im the ONLY one that rides it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22904.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	222214  
Old 01-29-2005, 02:26 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Cool bike Joel! Fantastic trail bike no doubt, with excellent fuel mileage to boot.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
joelacrane

Thanks! Yes, it is a GREAT trailbike. Not a motocross or dune machine, but its alot of fun. Good small/midsize bike. I got it on eBay.

I've always been riding, but im gonna have to set the RC stuff aside for now. My mini-t's ESC/RX died and my ST-15 needs a new clutch bell, so neither of them run right now. Not enough $$ to go around.

For christmas i got a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit, so now i can go night riding and ride on the street. Oregon Basic Rider training is in april, i cant wait!

Sorry for changing the subject of the thread...
Old 01-29-2005, 04:45 PM
FlyingV77

my brother lets me drive his savagge and other truck (i forget what kind) and i let him drive my cars, weve both crashed eachothers a time or two, but thothing broken. that i can rember. we even bash our own into eachothers cars. lol i turnd my trx1 into his 4wd eltick truck, just so i would win the drag race, and i won! weve been doing this sence the early 90's. i allso let him drive my vette from NC to TX. its all good, were family.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:09 PM
biker dude 666

this isnt really a crashing story but still pretty cool. my brother has a training electric plane, so i said to him while i was driving my e-maxx in the same feild as he was flying. i say hey try to land that thing in the bed of the truck. both of us thinking it would be cool andi told him it would be harder for him than for me, but he said that we should ktry it. so i said alright just fly in a straight line , not too fas and i will drive at around the same speed , wwhile staying behind you then when you say you are ready to land it i will get right under you and then gently brig it down until the wheels of the landing gear touches the top of hte truck,(now i know what you are think9ng woudnt the propeller hit the body,well i have a suburban body so the propeller did not hit hte body) os he landed it on top but kept on the throttle, we went like that for about twenty feet before he took off again, you talk about adrenaline, we have been doing that ever since when there is a crowd and we have now gotten our friends to try it withy their stuff.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Skyrunner

I also have a story somewhat like this.
I wasn't really 'driving' someone's car at the time, but i was controlling it.
Over the end of the year, the club had changed their system.
Normally you had to take off a laundry clamp of the board, put it on your antanna to drive, so that was your frequency.
Now in the new year, you had to put one on the board when using the frequency.
I, not knowing this, walked to the board, picked off the clamp of my frequency and put it on my antenna, like i always had.

Apparently, someone else was driving that frequency to, i had a 1/10 on-road, he drove a 1/5th [&:]
So he finally found out i was on his frequency too (i had no probs with interference though).
He came to me, started shoutin' and all, and i couldn't help it.
If no-one of the crew of the club even mattered to tell me their system had changed, i couldn't smell it.
I had been driving in the club longer than the other guy, and they advised me to get a new pair of crystals, but i just quit the club.
Didn't like the organisation anyway.

But here's the best part. We just agreed to drive separately (1/5 and 1/10 werent on the track together anyway)
And i still was pretty pissed off on the guy shouting and all.
I really wished something would happen to his car.
And it did, someone hit him slightly in a corner, he lost control for a moment and his car just slammed into a concrete pole, 3m outside the track
It was more or less total loss, so i had my fun
Old 02-23-2005, 04:05 PM
joelacrane

its too bad that he had to react like that. Finding that someone is mistakedly on your channel is no reason to be angry. And sorry man, but wanting revenge like that is ALSO wrong. It would suck to see someones car get wrecked, no matter what scale or how nice it is. It may be all they have.

sorry about the preaching, im done now.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:38 PM
RabidRacer

it wasnt to bad but..

i ad just got a mini t and i had my friend over who also had a mini t that didnt work(factory defalut) so i let him drive it alittle bit since his was going back and getting exchanged in a week. so we were outside and the first thing the dumb ass does is say "hey i always wanted to drive it off the ditch". so he does it and it was right after a rain storm and my ditch was coverd in mud and had some deep water spots. i yelled it at him and yet he still drives it fowrd to the end of the ditch when it got stuck. i ran my ass of( i am a very lazy person so it was hard) and went and got it. then i cleaned it off and took the batt out as best i could. then for 2 days all it did was shake and glitch until day 3 after it happend it finnaly workd.

he did offer to pay for it if it broke so i wasnt to mad. and now till this day i have never let anyone, exept for my neighbor who is a pro at rc drive my stuff.

the morel of the story..... if you do let someone drive your car make sure they can offord to pay for it and have them sign a contract saying that they will.[&o]