Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Savage X 4.6
71.43%
Monster GT 4.60 SE
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Which Monster truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:39 AM
SavageX78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Monster truck?

Ok Ive narrowed my next RC down to either a Savage X 4.6 or a Monster GT 4.60 SE but im leaning towards the Savage.
What do you guys think? This is my first Nitro.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Which Monster truck?

I have heard the Savage has been won on a poll like this before versus the MGT.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I have heard the Savage has been won on a poll like this before versus the MGT.

Ya, Im most likely getting the savage. Ive been watching youtube vids and it looks tuff as nails. I just havent heard much about the MGT so I wanted to know what others thought about the 2 and which 1 they thought was better.

I cant wait to go nitro. My buddy is going to let me make a track at his house gfor me and his son. Ive always wanted nitro but didnt want to bother the neighbors. But my buds going to let me keep it in his garage and drive it on his property.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
M-Savage

I'd go with the Savage. They're super durable and powerful. If you want even more power you could get the new Savage XL.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

Paraphrase....
I'd go with the MGT. They're super durable and powerful. If you want even more power you could get the new MGT 8.0.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Jeckler

Paraphrase....
I'd go with the MGT. They're super durable and powerful. If you want even more power you could get the new MGT 8.0.
lol. I need to go watch some youtube vids of the mgt.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

My point with that was to see the silliness of these types of polls. I would guess that the majority of people who vote in them vote based on what they own, and possible have never experienced all the options given. I'll admit right now, I did the same thing. I voted MGT simply because I've never owned a Savage, but have owned 2 MGT 4.6's.
I bought 'em both from one person on Craigslist, along with almost 2 complete T-Maxx's, and almost 2 complete CEN Fun Factor's. All for $400. One MGT needed a gear set, and the other a mainshaft. After about $30 in parts, I had two very good running trucks. I sold one immediately and ran the other one for a month or two. I then decided I liked my LST2 better, and sold the 2nd MGT. I now almost wish I hadn't. The only reason I say almost is that I've moved on to gas powered, and even sold the LST. The other trucks were also cleaned up, made into runners and sold. I made about $500 over and above the initial cash outlay on that deal.
It was a pretty durable truck though. I think it's fairly under-rated. I believe advertising has a lot to do with it though. Before the 8.0, or even the mini, there wasn't a whole lot of page time for the MGT. Aftermarket support is fair, but I'm not too into aftermarket bling. I'll only add it if it makes it more durable, or better performing. I only had to change one A-arm while I owned them.
Every truck is going to have its weak spot. On the MGT, it's probably the a-arm mounts. It all depends on how you drive. Mine were fine. Other people have the mount bend, which also bends the pin, or an ear snaps off. There is an aftermarket set out there, or at least there was 5 months ago.
You should also look into local support. If you absolutely positively need a part the same day, make sure your LHS has a decent selection. If your luck is anything like mine, they'll be out of stock on whatever part you need, no matter what vehicle you own. I have so many other vehicles, that I simply put the broken one on the shelf and play with something else, while waiting for the UPS guy.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Jeckler

You should also look into local support. If you absolutely positively need a part the same day, make sure your LHS has a decent selection. If your luck is anything like mine, they'll be out of stock on whatever part you need, no matter what vehicle you own. I have so many other vehicles, that I simply put the broken one on the shelf and play with something else, while waiting for the UPS guy.
Ya same here. No matter what part I need there out. I always have to wait a week for new parts.

Ive seen many savages sold at the lhs so im sure they have good parts support.
IDK maybe Ill just get both so my buddy has something to bash with me.