Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Monster truck discion

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM
bran-lex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster truck discion

I have been looking into the savage xl, the muggy, mgt 8.0 and the CEN genesis 7.7. I don't race, i just need a good running car that is durable and has some speed.
If you had a choice what would you choose?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
yoster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster truck discion

Reading the "Vent about rc cars you regret buying.." thread should give you all the info you need.

In summary, it is the general consensus that the CEN is a good truck, but the motor is less than desirable. Note also that, for what it's worth, CEN is a Chinese company. Savage xl and mgt 8.0 are similar to eachother, in that they're big monster trucks that can jump well, but don't expect them to set any lap records. They do well for their intent, which is throwing it at anything you can think of. Both come from reputable companies and you shouldn't run into any abnormal issues with either one. The muggy is a muggy. It jumps well and can turn at the same time, but has lower clearance than the others. Better suited for race applications, but very durable as well.

So that's it in a nutshell.