Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Just Got a Proto-Form Body and I'm Stuck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just Got a Proto-Form Body and I'm Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 11:37 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got a Proto-Form Body and I'm Stuck

Hey guys. How has it been here lately? Sorry I havent been on lately, but that's because I have been real busy.

Anyways, I just got back from the track, and I purchased a Proto-Form Dodge Stratus Body, and un-like my last HPI bodies, it doesn't have pre-marked mounting holes (This was expected not to have them, I'm not dumb...ha ha). I am wondering how and when I should mark where to drill the holes??? What I am asking is Should I paint the body before or after marking and drilling the holes, and Should I cut the body out when I do it? Also, how will I mark them?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 05-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Rex2342

I ucut the body out first and then mark the holes(don't drill all the wat through) with my Reamer and then paint it.I do everything first so I can see through the body to mark the holes in need.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:04 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

That's what I was thinking of. Thanks for the help! BTW, It will be a Fluorescent Orange Stratus! Hope it will look good!