Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Traxxas SUMMIT!!! I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas SUMMIT!!! I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas SUMMIT!!! I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!

ORIGINAL: dacaur
I dont think the 70:1 ratio would be an advantage for a bomb disposal bot... the 70:1 gearing is great on the summit because it means you can crawl very slowly with good throttle control and without drawing massive amps like you would on a higher (numerically lower) gearing. They can afford the best batteries, and when you can take as many amps as you need, gearing becomes less important. Plus I dont think they are going to be doing much real "crawling" with these things. Don't worry, I'm sure they will be able to make these things cost $100,000 each....
They are not that common, most of the bomb-disposal stuff is custom designed, similar to a Talon, treaded and the like. They haven't "discovered" crawlers yet, at least not that anyone is willing to show to the public. By and large the treaded type is a step behind what a real crawler can do in terms of terrain. Now the E-maxxes are older, the black-chassis one that was common until ~2 years ago, slowed down and heavy with and with arms, cameras, etc. "tacked on". They're running off a single motor only and just made to creep along with all that weight. They are nowhere near as high-class as the Talon look-alikes. A lot of them don't like to talk about price, but think > $25K for the E-maxxes and in the ballpark of $200K or more for the Talon look-alikes.

What's much more common from the RC world is T-rex, there are 20+ companies selling T-rex-es "enhanced" in one way or another for $80K and up. If you take the time to talk to them, a lot of the guys will tell you the same story.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85425.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1064475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96505.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1064476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41748.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1064477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63843.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1064478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do80853.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1064479  
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 AM
dacaur

Wow I wouldnt think it would be possible to carry $80,000 worth of stuff on a t-rex unless its in the form of a check
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Access

$80K is what they're selling it for, not what it costs them to build. A good portion of the value is probably the software, since it is microcontroller-assisted flight.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
first_rc

OMG!!!Electric, remote shifted two speed with 70:1 and 25:1 ratios, revo style suspension, silicon filled remote locking diffs (thats right, lock them from the transmitter, plus you can lock front only, both, or none)..... I must have this truck!!!!

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5610_promo.htm
how do you know you can choose which differential to lock? i didnt see it said so on the website; i thought they all get locked at same time.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: first_rc

OMG!!!Electric, remote shifted two speed with 70:1 and 25:1 ratios, revo style suspension, silicon filled remote locking diffs (thats right, lock them from the transmitter, plus you can lock front only, both, or none)..... I must have this truck!!!!

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5610_promo.htm
how do you know you can choose which differential to lock? i didnt see it said so on the website; i thought they all get locked at same time.
its a 3 position switch. position one is unlocked, two is front locked only, three is both locked.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Is this out yet? Didnt someone say that it was going to be out in december.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tower says mid jan.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
bobman13
My Feedback: (1)

Just An Update The price at your LHP is going to be around 515.99 , Towwer is about 514 plus 20 dollas off with coupon or more if you have one, A-main hobby's is about 485ish and so on, For me its Going to be the best of both worlds as i'm not a true rock crawler or a true racer; and a much better platform than a Revo 3.3 with spool's as in the Revo rock project's I.M.O.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
monsterbrad

I was looking for a winter time truck to run in the snow and the locking diffs are the best for that.
This may be my keeper winter time truck.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Teamwoody

TowwerHobbies $514.99 less $60.00 if your a member..........
Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Straick

I want one, but am waiting because I have seen new releases come down in price pretty nicely if you can wait a few months. I do like the idea of the remote locking diffs and high/low transmission. Only thing missing is dual wheel steering. Wonder if I can add it somehow once I get one? We'll see in a few months.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
dacaur

You know... if the summit had been avalable when I stared this thread, I would have bought one in a heartbeat.... But while waiting for it to come out, the LOSI LST XXL was announced.... 2 speed forward/reverse .28 engine, sealed diffs and it comes with a spektrum dX3S, for about what I was planning to pay for a summit + batteries.... Man... Im so torn here... but I think im going to get the losi.... I know it wont crawl as well as a summit, but I was only planning on doing that mayby 10% of the time anyway......
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a good time to be in the hobby, so many nice trucks coming out
Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
savagecommander

its B.A..... [X(] the diff locking thing is sweet, good power, good control, not so much "crawling" but this thing will be the best trailblazer on the market.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WlR5CwqhtI
Old 02-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

ORIGINAL: Straick

I want one, but am waiting because I have seen new releases come down in price pretty nicely if you can wait a few months. I do like the idea of the remote locking diffs and high/low transmission. Only thing missing is dual wheel steering. Wonder if I can add it somehow once I get one? We'll see in a few months.
just wait till july when tower will have major sales ($100 off) and then the price will be down a little more. thats what i'm doing.

IMO much better [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XOMG2Do10Q]video[/link] with lots of trail riding and some nice water action
Old 02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
ace9213

wow this thing is a beast. i would love to have one
Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: Matt_Gruizinga

just wait till july when tower will have major sales ($100 off) and then the price will be down a little more. thats what i'm doing.

IMO much better [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XOMG2Do10Q]video[/link] with lots of trail riding and some nice water action
I have to agree - that is a much more impressive video. The water action was awsome.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM
pengsylvania

Hobbytown USA had one for $510...all i did was drool over it, it is a well built truck. i'm saving for one, IMO this truck is worth it because this is the exact type of truck i've always wanted. good enough speed to jump some ramps and diff locks for a little bit of off road fun!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Druss

That last video did it for me. I'm getting one this month if I can find it. I think it would do great in the snow that I have for half the year and no 4wd truck I've seen yet would look as good with scale chains on it. Hope someone makes a hummer body for it.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
rc-mike

Does it float? In that last video it looked like it was floating the last time. In another video I saw it was up to the windshield in water.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
mharshey1

I must admit I’m not a huge truck guy. Been flying RC planes for years, but these new offerings by Traxxas and Losi have caught my wallet. I bought a slash and set it up with brushless and such and have been having a ball. The Summit really got my attention. I have had mine for just a short time, but I already love it. It’s just plain fun. It will go darn near anywhere! The power of the 775 makes brushless upgrade unnecessary but for the very hard core which I don’t think this truck is meant for. My only let down is the wheels and tires, but I’m sure Proline will gladly fix that problem. No, it's not cheep but how much would you have into a Crawler and a Monster Truck combined? Granted it doesn't excel at either, but it's still a heck of a lot of fun. Enjoy! I do.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
skytrooper2

Hi dacaur What car showing in your avatar, i want it.

And, what would be better a txt one or a Summit?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
evader8

ORIGINAL: skytrooper2

that truck in his avatar is a wheely king with the crawler conversion.

i would say summit is better then the txt.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: corygrenzy

ORIGINAL: skytrooper2

that truck in his avatar is a wheely king with the crawler conversion.

i would say summit is better then the txt.
yup. the crawler conversion is from team strc,,,,
wheels are axial beadlocks...
here is the full size pic

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
ElectricGuy007

I saw one of these run last night, he had the mamba monster in it. He was just messing around and when he was on the straight
he gunned it full throttle almost plowing over the wall near me. I was scared to death, they laughed about me being
scared, but I said hey wont dont you stand here where I am and see how it feels.....lol
When he took the truck back he had ripped out the esc wire and the top ripped off the esc.
Now I know why HPI zipties this thing down in the Savage Flux, because one decent hit and the vibration will rip the top off.
The shell isnt lexan either, it's some kind of hard plastic. I'm suprized he didnt damage the the truck flipping it like that.[:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.