Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

****OFFICIAL ROCK CRAWLER THREAD****

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:46 PM
kuppler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ****OFFICIAL ROCK CRAWLER THREAD****

WAHoooo hehehe....
i cant wait.......
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
kuppler

Well i got the 1st one.... it LOOKS sweet...
i cant wait to test it out.......
here are some pics.... it even comes with a 3000mha Battery.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
airoscar

quite seductive..
Old 01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Redharris

Adam.....
That Looks Killer!
Be sure and bring that Bad Boy to Work tomorrow......
I wanna See It Up Close!.......
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
kuppler

will do rich.....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 PM
rclynx

Eddie your spoiling these guys [:@]
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
amf66

You need to get some video of that crawler in action! I like all the blue ano aluminum!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:24 AM
kuppler

here are some more pics.....

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
DUSTIN72

Hey Eddie, I just bought one of these online tuesday and cant wait. I was sold immediately when i saw the video from the expo and then saw all the pics of aluminum and optional 4 wheel steer. This is gonna be a great contender in the crawler world, it was very hard to buy it at the retail price and not feel bad for getting such a great deal!!! I would have been willing to pay at least $100.00 or more for it than retail!! When i seen the pics from kuppler i was so exstatic, the pics revealed more of the great features and some of the questions i had were answered just by seeing his pics.

I do have a few questions for you also, how long before we see a list of hopup parts available through HIMOTO? The only thing i can see i want to add to the crawler is some piggy back shocks, do you have any suggestions? I have been in the r/c world since i was 14 and i am now 36, i have land,water,air, and now ROCK CRUSHING!! I researched all over the net for a good crawler at a great price and found the HIMOTO CRAWLER to be hands down the best crawler at an unbelievable price right out of the box, for something of the same quality and parts combination you would have to start with a roller chassis and build it up. Its ok to build your own rig up but why would you do that when you can get this rig for such a great price?? I cant mention brands but for what i payed for my HIMOTO CRAWLER i couldnt have begun to think of crawling right out of the box, i could have bought any number of crawler roller kits for what i payed for my rtr kit but would have to buy all the other stuff to get it going, not to mention the time of putting it all together.

Its just unbelievable how someone can put together such a great deal ($289.00)and make it available to everyone!! If anyone out there is looking into getting a rock crawler or have been into it for awhile you have got to check this thing out, its the best rig and greatest price...........HANDS DOWN!!!!!![8D]
Old 02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
kuppler

im glad you ordered one. you are going to like it. ill be making a video soon on how to make it a 4 wheel stearing. and all the parts you need for it. im going to work on it probly this week and weekend.
ill post the video of it when im done.....

Adam
Old 02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dustin,

Let me know what you think when you get it, we will have some hop ups available in the next few months but like you said, I think its a great crawler out of the box and not much can compair to it.

Welcome to the Himoto family bro!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
DUSTIN72

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME INTO THE HIMOTO FAMILY, I'VE BEEN ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT WAITING FOR IT. MY BROTHER SAW THE ONE I ORDERED AND COULDNT BELIEVE THE PRICE!! HE WAS READY TO BUY AXIAL AND EVERYTHING ELSE HE WOULD NEED BUT GUESS WHO CONVINCED HIM TO BUY RTR OUT OF THE BOX AND GET A GREAT DEAL!!! HE SAW THE PICS ON THE THREAD HERE AND SAID IT WAS AN EASY DECISION ON WHAT HE WAS GOING WITH SO CHALK UP ANOTHER ONE TO HIMOTO! HE WAS READY TO SPEND 450.00 BUT WHEN I TOLD HIM I ONLY GOT MINE FOR 289.00 HE DIDNT BELIEVE ME.......SO WHAT ELSE TO DO BUT SHOW HIM AND LET HIM DECIDE, SO I DID AND I'M GLAD I DID.

NOW HERE IS THE BAD PART........IF WE BOTH HAVE THE SAME RIGS HOW CAN I BEAT HIM?? I AM HOPING FOR SOME HOP UPS SOON SO I CAN HAVE THE EDGE ON HIM. WE ARE BOTH VERY COMPETITIVE AND WILL NOT QUITE UNTIL A WINNER IS DECLARED!! HE BOUGHT A BOAT AND WENT AND BOUGHT A BOAT 10 FEET LONGER SEEE WHAT I MEAN??? LOL

ANYWAY YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND AS SOON AS I GET IT I WILL BE POSTING PICS AND INFO ON WHAT I THINK AND WHAT MY BROTHER THINKS OF HIS. -CHEERIO-
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Swamp3r

Sweet another himoto family member....lol You can wait for adam/Kupplers video on doing the rear steering too you can beat him that way.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 PM
kuppler

yea ill be making the rear steering conversion soon...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
DUSTIN72

JUST TRACKED SHIPMENT BY UPS FOR MY CRAWLER IT SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW. I'LL BE HANGIN AROUND WAITING FOR THE REAR WHEEL STEER APPLICATION SO AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE I WILL PUT IT TO GOOD USE.
I WAS ALSO WONDERING, I AM LOOKING AT THE TIRES CLOSER AND NOTICED THEY LOOK REALLY ROUND AT THE EDGES, LOL NO NOT THE DIAMETER ,THE EDGES OF THE WIDTH OF THE TIRE. LOL IS THAT HOW THEY ARE OR DOES THE FOAM JUST NEED TO BE TRIMMED?? I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WANTED AS WIDE OF A CONTACT PATCH AS YOU COULD GET, WITH THOSE BEING ROUNDED AT THE EDGES IT LOOKS AS IF THE CONTACT PATCH TO THE ROCKS WOULD BE REALLY NARROW. AM I SEEING IT RIGHT OR IS MY WALLEYE VISION GETTING THE BEST OF ME??? THE OTHER THING I NOTICED WAS SOME OF THE ADS SHOW THE CRAWLER WITH BLACK MATTE WHEELS AND SOME WITH CHROME WHEELS. I WENT BACK TO WHERE I BOUGHT MINE AND IT SHOWS THE SAME THING, A FEW WITH MATTE BLACK AND A FEW WITH CHROME.. THE CRAWLER IS COMING WITH THE CHROME WHEELS OUT OF THE BOX RIGHT?? ME AND THE BROTHER WERE TALKING LAST NIGHT ABOUT FINDING A MINI CAM TO MOUNT ON EITHER ONE OF OUR CRAWLERS TO SHOOT VIDEO THAT WAY, I HAVENT SEEN MANY PEOPLE TRY IT AND IT WOULD GIVE A GOOD VIEW YOU CANT REALLY GET WITH REGULAR VIDEO. NOW THE THING IS TO FIND A UNIT AND IT BE SMALL ENOUGH TO VELCRO ON AND OFF BUT KEEP THE CENTER OF GRAVITY LOW STILL. HOW ABOUT MAYBE A BUMPER CAM??? NOT QUITE SURE YET BUT WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT. HAVE ONE TRUCK PACE THE OTHER OVER THE ROCKS, IT WOULD LOOK REALLY COOL I THINK. IT WOULD BE AS IF YOU WERE IN A REAL CRAWLER SHOOTING VIDEO OF A BUDDY IN FRONT OF YOU OR BEHIND YOU. I THINK I MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING HERE..
GO HIMOTO!!![8D]
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
ehroof

Chrome rims bro, blue lock ring. The tires have nice grip, very sticky. They have a little round but when contact, they mold pretty good to the terrain.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM
DUSTIN72

hey guys heres my himoto crawler that finally came!!! i am only alittle disappointed in one thing and that is the body but it is acceptable for now. i can always change it later, also seen in the back of my manual the part number for the kit to add rear wheel steer. excellent!!! i am completely satisfied with this rig and himoto did a great job laying it out.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
ehroof

looks like mine, lol
Old 02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
kuppler

here are some pics of the Conversion i did today... uploading video now.... so ill post when its done...

Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
DUSTIN72

looks good so far, hey i finally got a chance to test it out and right off the bat i popped the rear drive shaft off. it was at the trans case not the axle. it went back together fairly easily and i went back at it. have you had any issues yet with yours? i drove it till it died after i fixed it and it didnt do it again. i think what i'm gonna do since i dont like the body much and want it to look more realistic i may just start on a custom bolt on tube chassis. make the panels out of tin that really thin for weight and use 3/16 aluminum tubing. not quite sure yet since i can barely use my left arm, tore the rotater cuff and the bone is really chewed up where the tear is. i may have to wait another week or two until i can move it more.

THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN-HIMOTORACINGUSA!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:15 AM
kuppler

Hello,
No problems with it..... just make sure everything is tight..... before you run....
had a problem uploading the video.... uploading it again... will post asap...
Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 AM
kuppler

Video of the 4 wheel steering conversion
http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...on-664191.html
Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 AM
ehroof

No issues with mine, someone else mentioned to be about the shaft popping off, maybe its just needs to be in 100%.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
ehroof

Great job on the video adam, You have to find some rocks now!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 AM
fastgixxerlv

Parts are available! I just posted on another thread too. Ha! I guess I've made up my mind... This sucker is saweet! I was willing to spend $700 on the axial and all the aluminum parts, but I can test my patience and wait till Himoto gets theirs. This thing is way better. Also, where do you get diff upgrades for this? Will any 10 scale diff work, Tmaxx, savage, etc.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.