Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

****OFFICIAL ROCK CRAWLER THREAD****

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
PEPE DALTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ****OFFICIAL ROCK CRAWLER THREAD****

By the way, I forget something.
My controler has 6 little round bottons on the left hand side and , even with the instrucctions ,I do not know how to use then. Any help?
As well, Ineed to to improve the brakesso the car do not go idle (and go forward or backwards )when I stop insteep slopes.Any way to do that?
Sorry for my english but , is my second lenguage , and some times is very difficult to expres myself propely.If you dont understand , let me know and I will try in a different way.
Many thanks
Pepedalton
Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I understand

The buttons control the trim, and the end point adjustments,

The trim controls the minor adjustment of the steering and throttle, if you pull to the left you would turn the trim for the steering to the right, same for the throttle, if you let off the trigger and it still rolls forward, you have to turn it so it stops and doesnt move.

The epa (end point adjustments) set how far the throttle and steering will go, i usually keep these set all the way up so you can get the maximum turning radius and throttle/brake response. 

Eddie
Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 AM
PEPE DALTON

HI Eddie
Thanks for your help.
May you tell me,please what exactly does each independentlitle wheel'?
Is the transmiter ready to handle a four wheel steering conversion ,or has to be modified?
Thanks a lot
Pepe
Old 09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
ehroof

the controller is fine, its the wiring of the servo's, they just turn at the same time in the opposite direction, kuppler our support guy will chime in for sure, he did it to his a while ago.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM
justin_ride

Has anybody geared their Himoto Crawler down. I got mine about a week and half ago. It dosnt have enough torque for me. I cant crawl anything around were I live. Also is there anyone Crawling in South Indidana. PLZHELPME. Having a comp with my brother. He has a AX10 and he kicks my *** every time we go to crawl.. PLZhelp

Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Swamp3r

Wait for Adam(kuppler) he modded his alot. Wish I could help
Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 AM
ehroof

Hi Justin,

I will let Adam chime in, mine is all stock and plenty enough for me. Make sure your slipper is tight enough.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

Hi Justin,

I will let Adam chime in, mine is all stock and plenty enough for me. Make sure your slipper is tight enough.
a few things is... Make sure the Slipper is tight enough, also Lock the Diffs.... here is a video on how to lock them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkO-0zTQDhY
that will help ALOT....
Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 AM
PEPE DALTON

Hi
I wachted the video
My car do not have Spider gears but into the diff casse there are a couple of rmetal rods allready bloking the diff.
will i make any improvement if I swap this rods for the specificc diff locker tha Himoto sell as a upgrade part?
Do you have any aidea for improving the crawler dirve shafts? I get a new ones from Himoto And after a few hours one fell off, loosing the ball..... so i am stoped againg.
thanks a lot.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
justin_ride

My slipper is tight locked my diffs the first day I got it stripped the crown gears got metal ones. I put a Novak 55t motor on it with a 9t pinion gear and weighted the wheels mounted battery in the front. but every time I get to where I cant climb the wheels spin just a lil bit then stop , the slipper isnt sliping I checked so it just dosnt have enough power for some reason. I was wondering if changing the Speed Controler would help or get a trans out of a E maxx or something trying to go cheap cuz I already Have like $400 in this thing. I am very happy with the way it is built just not the power so someone plz help me. And my brothers AX 10 is the RTR one.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
ehroof

The only way to get more power would be to go brushless or maybe a better battery? Is it possible the battery is not fully charged, i can pretty much climb anything or the tires will spin and i have the stock setup.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
ehroof

How about the upgraded shafts?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
justin_ride

Can someone help me just got my metal gears and dont know how the crown gear goes on because the center hole is alot bigger than the plastic crown gear. I am confused. plz tell me how to get them to work I am dieing to drive it.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:16 PM
justin_ride

have you watched any vidios on the Axials all stock and have **** loads of torque,and they are not brushless. and let me guess your tires spin very very slow were it wont pull the axle that is bottomed out on a rock off that rock. yea that is how mine is and if it going to stay that way i will go crazy. Sorry this is kinda mean but I have had this thing for about 2 weeks now and got to drive it for maybe three hours it is making me very mad about getting it. I have more money in it than I could have bought and Axial with a huge after market parts everywere pluss the hobby shop by my house carries them and the parts. It makes me mad the about this whole damn thing... anyone want to buy one...
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
ehroof

The diff will swap out very easily, take the old one out and put the new one in.  Then you just have to take the plastic end off of the pinion gear and put the metal one on. 

You have to swap out the gears before you can see what it can do, if your gears are stripped then your not going to be able to use it.  I havent heard one complaint about it being underpowered. 
Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
justin_ride

The stock plastic one has a smaller hole than the metal one. so how do you put the pinion on if it just slides out of the big hole in the metal one. that is my ?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
ehroof

Are you talking about the larger gear on the diff (crown) or the smaller gear on the input shaft (pinion)
Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: justin_ride

have you watched any vidios on the Axials all stock and have **** loads of torque,and they are not brushless. and let me guess your tires spin very very slow were it wont pull the axle that is bottomed out on a rock off that rock. yea that is how mine is and if it going to stay that way i will go crazy. Sorry this is kinda mean but I have had this thing for about 2 weeks now and got to drive it for maybe three hours it is making me very mad about getting it. I have more money in it than I could have bought and Axial with a huge after market parts everywere pluss the hobby shop by my house carries them and the parts. It makes me mad the about this whole damn thing... anyone want to buy one...
Here is a video of my STOCK crawler:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW_cGHc3Qwc[/youtube]

Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
ehroof

The stock plastic one has a smaller hole than the metal one. so how do you put the pinion on if it just slides out of the big hole in the metal one. that is my ?

903-104 is a direct swap for the diff, just take out the old diff and put this one in, then change the pinion gear on the input shaft with the one from 903-105.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:30 PM
justin_ride

that is what i ordered one set of 903-104 and 903-105 That is what eddie from Himoto told me to get so i did. the crown gear center hole was bigger than the stock plastic one so i just made something to hole it together then i was putting it together now the gear hits the axel housing and gets jamed. this is why i should have got a crawler from the hobby shop because now I have to send gears back wait another 2 weeks to get the right ****. this is just to much of a hassle. I have about $400 dollars in this thing and I will sell it right now for $200
Old 10-13-2009, 08:36 PM
ehroof

This is Eddie, I just looked at your order, you didnt order 903-104, you ordered 2- 903-105. You dont have the complete diff 903-104.

***edit***

You also didnt have to wait 2 weeks, your order was placed on 10/7 at 7:30pm, it was shipped on 10/8 and you got it on 10/13, thats 5 days including a Sunday and Holiday (Columbus day) so in reality it was 3 days. Ijust wanted to clarify that you didnt wait 2 weeks.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
justin_ride

no That is what i got I clicked on 903-104 then keep shoping then 903-105 and i got 2 sets of 105 but o well i made them work. But its done and over. Still would like a bigger spur gear but you guys dont make one I need something between 87 and 100 tooth I need all kinds of torque for the things i want to climb. drive shafts keep poping apart now it is like once i fix something somthing else goes wrong. this will put my total up to 440.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Swamp3r

For one Eddie has never screwed up an order that I ever heard of, you might have made a mistake, second the crawlwer is more than powerfull enough to climb anything from videos I have seen(check your battery) 3rd add some fuel line to your drive shafts, 4rth part of the hobby is fixing if you don`t like fixing maybe this is the wrong hobby for you.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
kuppler

no That is what i got I clicked on 903-104 then keep shoping then 903-105 and i got 2 sets of 105 but o well i made them work. But its done and over. Still would like a bigger spur gear but you guys dont make one I need something between 87 and 100 tooth I need all kinds of torque for the things i want to climb. drive shafts keep poping apart now it is like once i fix something somthing else goes wrong. this will put my total up to 440.
Well ur Doing something wrong then... i only put a few $$ into mine and its nuts.... locking the diffs... changing the Diffs to metal gears... i also Got the upgrade drive shafts. you might wanna pick them up.. and also.. its part of the hobby when something goes wrong... always fixing and cleaning.... its just part of it.... its FUN!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Swamp3r

Last time I went out I took 5 rc`s 1 came back that didn`t need repairs my losi 8ight stripped a horn and blew the tires off the rims, my shumacher rascal I lost a bone and cracked my fuel tank, my losi xxx-nt I busted up the front end haven`t even looked at it yet(didn`t hit anything), rxt I cracked a wheel, I came home with the rxb in tact. We all break stuff I was just lucky that day I didn`t take more trucks. Just order 903-104 and maybe the upgraded drive shafts like Adam said. If you want to sell your himoto go ahead, you can see what I broke high end rc`s and I came back with less breakage with my himotos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.