Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEW TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
wolfgang123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TRUCK

Hey guys i am in the market for a new nitro rc truck my problem is i have a gt2 but i cant run it for more than 2 tanks without breaking something. So i am looking for something so strong i can almost never break it. i cant decide between a mgt 8.0 a savage XL or a savage x 4.6 any thought would be of great help.

Thanks
Wolfie
Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: NEW TRUCK

hi, i have a lst2 with only alum. bellcranks the rest stock and its a tank, not in a bad way though. today i was jumping off a ... oh id say 5 foot dirt jump and twice didnt let off the gas in time while taking off and the thing landed right on its lid. ill bet you i was a least 8 or 9 feet in the air. didnt even phase it. but from what ive been reading about and experiencing w/ just a few hop-ups like a roll bar and some alum knuckles and things from new era the lst2 is a # 1 choice for the tuffest truck. ive heard the savage x 4.6 is really tuff as well. well hope you figure it out and heres some great advice, "HAVE FUN"!!!!, clay unruh
Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

MGT 8.0. You'll beat the pants off of everything else. The only weak spots I've heard of are control arms, which are fixed by replacing to RPM and the chrome part of the bumper. They make hop ups for them as well to make them even better. How do you keep breaking your GT2? I've seen them take serious beatings and not break.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like this?
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsGtT5zEkto[/link]

[:-]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Way to beat the crap out of street cars!!!![X(] Those aren't even made to be doing that! Why does no one run their bodies? Do they want to break stuff they generally wouldn't? A GT should take all of the abuse those cars were and more without breaking.