Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Just saw the walmart nitro rc commercial.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just saw the walmart nitro rc commercial.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw the walmart nitro rc commercial.....

Hasbro XRC or somthing like that, it was set in like a parking lot with alot of vans tht had their logo and jumps with their logo. The cars were going off the jumps doing backflips while the commercial voice talked about how hasbro radio control R and D has finally been able to harness the ultimate power of nitromethane. Then it showed their website. Has anyone else seen this commercial? I saw it while I was watching a show on Discovery.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Just saw the walmart nitro rc commercial.....

Yea there was a whole discussion here on RCU it is in the very section maybe on this page o a page back, it's titled "So, it looks like Walmart is getting into nitro.." or something like that.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
dacaur

That threads really not worth the time it takes to read it... 100% speculation and assumptions, no one thats posted there has one or has even seen one run in person....
Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

^+1
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That threads really not worth the time it takes to read it... 100% speculation and assumptions, no one thats posted there has one or has even seen one run in person....
Indeed, I feel like these things have been rumored to come out for a looooong time now.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
ctg1129

actually i have run one they are rayher tuff.hobbytown USA was suppose to get them but,there was a parts supplt issue so HT backed out,they dont steer very well because they are made to run right side up and upside down,all this was back in the summer so they may have fixed the parts supply issue,but i doubt it,Hasbro said they were not going to make parts for it and that seamed kinda stupid on there part because like i said they were fun
Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
dacaur

yea i first heard about these at least 3 years ago, maybe more.... I think I saw one on the shelf at toys-r-us a couple years ago... never seen one run though...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
TheTruckingGuru

Walmart selling a Nitro RC. Seeing a commercial from Walmart almost makes it official. Maybe these will be in stores in time for Christmas. I wonder what the cost will be
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Checkpointracer

I saw one at walmart about 2 weeks ago, the thing is priced at 199![X(] Thats pretty high for a non-hobby grade as you can get something good for $50 more. I doubt they're going to sell many at all. They're pretty cheesy looking too.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: CPR KART

I saw one at walmart about 2 weeks ago, the thing is priced at 199![X(] Thats pretty high for a non-hobby grade as you can get something good for $50 more. I doubt they're going to sell many at all. They're pretty cheesy looking too.
Wow. Talk about a rip off. I feel bad for the few people who get suckered into buying that.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

Will Wllmart also be selling nitro????
Old 11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: divine_13
jumps doing backflips while the commercial voice talked about how hasbro radio control R and D has finally been able to harness the ultimate power of nitromethane. Then it showed their website. Has anyone else seen this commercial? I saw it while I was watching a show on Discovery.
Only what... 30+ years behind the rest-of-world... it's as if a major computer manufacturer today came out and said they've just made a marvelous discovery of... the transistor (or something similar).
Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: 773W

Will Wllmart also be selling nitro????

Yes, its some brand called Wildcat fuel. Never tried it, but I have heard its not that great and has a really high oil content. The website about these cars, (Posted in the other thread) also said however, that only Walmart stores in the Phoenix, Arizona area will be selling those cars. I thought about that too, cheap fuel would be great, but as of now you seem better off just sticking with your usual stuff, whatever brand it may be.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:00 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Wildcat fuel is not that much cheaper, even when the hobby grade RC stores were carrying them. For example, at the time when O'Donnels was going for $25 per gal for 20% nitro, Wildcat 20% cost $20. I do not see Wally World haggling down the price any much cheaper. Maybe Sammy Walton (or his ghost) might be able to get Wildcat fuel so cheap such that it is maybe $18 on the shelf, but I doubt it would be much cheaper.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 PM
NitroVette

No replacement parts or support ? This alone will turn off anyone who buys one from really getting into the hobby, it will be their first and last RC model. The CEN MG16 is $199 and while not perfect it's fun and runs excellent. In my opinion electrics are the way to get into RC, especially the new generation of electrics. Traxxas actually does a great job of getting people into nitro by making it easy and providing great support, manuals, and DVDs.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
kantfunkshin
My Feedback: (8)

Knowing the type of most people that shop there, Wal-Mart will sell a bunch to people that dont know any better. Those that arent into the hobby know walmart has low prices so they will think $200 is a good deal for nitro rc's. Hopefully they will do some homework and get a real RC.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ In full agreement with Vette[8D]
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
race raider

that's the problem with these companies is they put out junk (and there are few out there ) new people to the sport think that these cars are the standard and get dissapointed and lose interest
Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
hawk900

http://www.hasbro.com/nitroxrc/

click on Where to buy

Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
TornadoGuy

Walmart going nitro[sm=confused.gif]? Interesting. All I have ever seen there is some electric one's.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Sad, they say these are not recommended for under 16yrs old, but lets face it, even the younger memebrs here got into RCs, Nitoro or Electric, under the tutelage of their dads, uncles, older brothers, older friends, and/or o;der neighbors. They all were brought up to respect teh RC and realize that careless running can mean very expensive breaks are worse, serious injury to the careless. For someone at even 16yrs old getting into nitro cold turkey, I say that is very unwise.

I started nitro RC cold turkey, but I was nowhere near a teenager when I bought my first hobby grade RC. And as I think about it, if I had an RC at 16, I would have done some awefully stupid and destructive things with it, including chasing the neighborhood kids I didnt like. I seriously belive RCs as a hobby should be supervised by more experienced and responsible poeple teaching the younger ones. Not this WalMart metality where the parents buy one for the child just to shut him up and even the parents do not understand the responsibilities that MUST be given to these RCs to prevent damage or injury to people, including the child running the rC.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
HJJFFFAA

Glad to see someone shares my veiwpoints.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:22 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: race raider

that's the problem with these companies is they put out junk (and there are few out there ) new people to the sport think that these cars are the standard and get dissapointed and lose interest
I agree. WalMart should have been FORCED to water these things down seriously so that they dont go much faster tahn like 15MPH and put all sorts of guards around teh engine and pipe to prevent careless hands from being burnt. In the vid whre these RCs were running and jumping on the ramps they had, those ramps look to make the RC jump at a perfect height such that if someone were standing near by, he/she would be smacked squarely on the head. Granted, we jump our hobby grade RCs much greater distacnes when doing some hardcore bashing, but we know how to handle the RCs in midflight and land them on all 4 wheels safely. A child will not have such skills when he pulls it striaght out of teh Wally World box. Moreover, the child will not know to abort a jump if someone goes to dangerously near the ramp or is in the flight path of the RC.

WalMart should be forced to water these RCs down way furtehr to be much more child friendly and not only that, WalMart should be forced to emphasize these are TOYS, and as such, make them safer for toy use. Hobby grade RCs are far from toys as the amount of responsibility to safeguard all those around the user is much more onerous.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
HJJFFFAA

How about they just not do it, why can't they stick to electric? Electrics can definitely do 25mph too.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: kantfunkshin

Knowing the type of most people that shop there, Wal-Mart will sell a bunch to people that dont know any better. Those that arent into the hobby know walmart has low prices so they will think $200 is a good deal for nitro rc's. Hopefully they will do some homework and get a real RC.
I know what you're trying to say but the average joe goes to walmart and wants to buy cheap, say they want to buy their son an rc for christmas, he's going to look at the one that's $200 and one thats $20, what one's he gonna buy unless he's got money to burn? (which in this economy not many people want to spend money). Alot of parents that don't know a thing about rc's are probably not going to buy their kid something that expensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.