Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI MT2, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
5678graeme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT2, HELP

HI, NEW TO ALL OF THIS, JUST GOT A MT2 T-15 BUT CAN'T GET THE TUNING RIGHT.GOES FOR ABOUT 1/4 TANK THEN CUTS OUT LIKE IT HAS OVER HEATED, FUEL COMES OUY THE PIPE AND IT RUNS AWAY.CARB HAS BEEN SET TO 1mm SO THAT IS FINE BUT,I NEED HELP TO GET THE FACTORY SETTINGS FOR THE HIGH AND LOW END SETTINGS OR ANY OTHER INFO TO HELP ME,PLEASE.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
tornbb

Default RE: HPI MT2, HELP

im not sure what the factory settings are. i got a g3.0 havent broke it in yet. but my older nitros ive never been sure of factory settings. what i do when the tuning gets out of hand. i just open up both needles til there both flush with the edge of the carb. and start over. hpi doesnt recommend messin with the low end needle.you can i just wouldnt go to crazy with it..im surprised no ones tried to help. this post has been up almost a month. hope i offered some help. if not theres tons of tuning vids on you tube that might help
Old 09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
muddyninja1

the low speed needle should be flush, hpi recommends that you only lean it up to a total of 1/2 turn. the high speed needle should be screwed all of the way in, then back it out 3 turns. start tuning from there. hope this helps. there is a better mt2 forum on this site that is loaded with guys that can help you, theyve helped me alot. pm me if youre interested in the link. it is packed daily. good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
5678graeme

thanks i got it sorted
Old 09-06-2008, 03:14 AM
ryan079908

Im new aswell, just got the same car and having the same problem. How did you sort yours and what link did you get sent??
Old 09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
5678graeme

go back first then go forwards, set low speed flush then richen the high speed till you get smoke and you will start to see an improvment. change your glow plug as well.
hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
jakeray

on my hpi mt2 the pressure release line came out and the car ran 3 times faster should i put the release line back on or will it hurt the car if i leave it off[&:]
Old 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
5678graeme

if it works thats fine but i would run it a bit rich to be safe
Old 09-10-2008, 02:00 PM
jakeray

ok thank you for thae tip
Old 11-28-2008, 06:09 PM
smoke626

just got an mt 2 runs fine until i try to run it idles good throttle response is good as long as im holding it stalls like its out of fuel after i try to drive the truck. ive reset to factory carb settings still does it tried new glow plug, any ideas?