Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is it Possible to convert my sc8 to a 2 or 3 speed tranny?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is it Possible to convert my sc8 to a 2 or 3 speed tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
SC8Derek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it Possible to convert my sc8 to a 2 or 3 speed tranny?

I didn't know where to ask this so move it if needed, I would like to convert my AE SC8 corr truck over to a 2 or 3 speed, Looking for suggestions on what tranny might work or any feedback on similer mods, truck is stock except for AB Drag Modded Picco .28 and 086 pipe, I was thinking the Savage tranny but before i try this i thought i should ask here, Thanks!, Derek
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79861.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1085793  
Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
cyclesoul

Default RE: Is it Possible to convert my sc8 to a 2 or 3 speed tranny?

Ofna have a 2 speed set up available for some of the hyper 1/8 buggies, I have seen a vid or two on here. Would be much easier to adapter that than a big n bulky savage tranny.

You will loose on track performance without the centre diff though? For bashing it will increase the top speed 4 sure!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
gr8racing

Almost got my SC8 broken in and thought the same thing. It should have another gear to shift into like my other stuff. Then I thought about it and told myself it will be fine on any track and that is what I bought it for. Really dude, if you don't want to race it on a track I feel you bought the wrong truck. The Traxxas Slayer may have been the right choice.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 AM
SC8Derek

Yeah I gave up on that deal, I do however like to bash with it as it brings out the baja 1000 lover in me!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely incorrect, why is this truck only for racers? I thought the Slayer was cool when it came out, but when the SC8 hit the net, my eyes popped out of my head. Not to mention you get Associated quality and engineering, not an el cheapo Corr look alike[8D].

Tom.