Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Holy crap that's cheap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy crap that's cheap!!!

Has anyone ever paid $900 + either shipping(online) or tax(local) for a firehammer mt like they are supposed to cost? You can get one for $490 shipped on Tower... sale ends tomorrow(the discounts, 12/8 midnight). I thought when they dropped its price from $900 to $700 that was good. Now $540 - $50 for the sale + the stackable free shipping on anything over $99. I thought I was seeing something at first. I'm definitely getting one tomorrow (last day to). Definately puzzling though, the buggy(same components, different style) is still $900 free shipping.
Just in case anyone didn't know, it's a gasoline powered toy, not nitro
The free shipping is automatic, just enter in the code found at the home page for $50 off
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXMZV6**&P=ML

For this price, you can't go wrong. Try to find any used gasser for less then $500. All you need is gas and oil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqBrndA5poo
I'm sorry I just still don't understand the price. Anyone else see it as amazing? $400+ off
Old 12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Holy crap that's cheap!!!

What!? Its $940 on tower, something must be wrong with your connection[sm=confused.gif]!

JK lol, just trying to make you piss your pants. Sounds like a good deal, IMO I'd forget about that no matter how cheap and go straight for an HPI/FG/ the other popular ones.

Tom.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:53 PM
PedeBeater

Hey, I have a firehammer and it kicks ass. Go for it thats amazing. I payed that for a used one...
Old 12-07-2008, 10:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Agreed. The FG MT is not too much more, only liek $150 USD more for an FG MT ($1050 USD).

If you really want teh hammer, you can fint it much much cheaper now. The 5th scales have some killer deals, hek, tehre was a timew when HPI Baja 5B SS kits were going for liek $600 USD after all teh rebates and coupons.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

I understand what you're saying, but an rtr baja 5b is still $900, in my case I'm a cheapo so I'd rather save the $400 and still have a decent gasser, great for entry level anyways.

Check e-bay, tower definitely has them for a steal[X(] cheapest on there is $700 free shipping, or a used one for $550 shipped. One on e-bay is $950 free shipping, I feel bad for the sucker who buys one of those. And honestly, think of the depreciation. You're not going to lose much when you sell it... for example you'll never see a used gasser for much under $400. I would have gotten one a long time ago if so.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Agreed. The FG MT is not too much more, only liek $150 USD more for an FG MT ($1050 USD).

If you really want teh hammer, you can fint it much much cheaper now. The 5th scales have some killer deals, hek, tehre was a timew when HPI Baja 5B SS kits were going for liek $600 USD after all teh rebates and coupons.
It's $490 shipped, not $900. $1050 is over double that. I'm just saying, what a great and cheap way to get into gassers. Baja kit for $600 still needs about $100 in electronics, so that's $700ish. I never saw that deal, but surely I believe you. Now the baja kit costs $820 free shipping, still over $900 after electronics and whatever else. My point is, no matter what, this seems to be an awesome price for a brand new high quality gasser from a good brand for less then $500 even though FG and HPI make better gassers.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Wow, that does seem like a good deal... I am mildly considering it, but man I just spent some coin on some new RCs...

If someone wants to get into 1/5 scale, you get a brand name with good parts support for <$500... Should be a no brainer.

Don't forget about the 1 year stress tech warranty on parts!!! Yowza!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Just to let everyone know... something I thought of... with a tower membership for only $10, it'll be free shipping after tomorrow night (actually, it's past midnight here, so today). So as long as the price stays the same and the $70 off is still present, it'll be $500 total for a while after tomorrow. I'm still thinking about it... my only complaint is it seems a little sluggish top end and bottom end in the youtube videos I've seen (stock trucks). Seems like a $100+ pipe is needed to make it really go like the buggy goes stock (smaller wheels, it doesn't seem as underpowered). And hopefully then an upgraded air filter and / or engine wouldn't be needed. Still a great deal though, still strongly considering it. 30 min run time per tank[X(]

Edit: I decided to post what I'm talking about performance wise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3k075zI4eA
Not too bad I guess, it's just the engine doesn't crank into high RPM like most people would like to see
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Hmm, well see I am not at all a nitro person since I don't like messing with it. I always told myself if I get anything it would be gasoline with spark plug and this is really tempting. It sure does look like a good deal. I'd have to get rid of a lot of stuff to afford it. At least this could run anywhere on the lawn right? If the grass was mowed?

The parts list on Tower looks quite limited, what if needed a part that wasn't on thier list?
Is the fire-hammer buggy being discontinued?
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I think the Firehammer is likely being discontinued, hence the large discounts. Although, I know this chassis is common among a few different manufacturers so parts might be ok from other sources.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Thanks, Dale. I think I agree with you.

The truck and buggy may be on it's way out. I sure don't need another dud I can't get parts for. lol.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

Just to let everyone know... something I thought of... with a tower membership for only $10, it'll be free shipping after tomorrow night (actually, it's past midnight here, so today). So as long as the price stays the same and the $70 off is still present, it'll be $500 total for a while after tomorrow. I'm still thinking about it... my only complaint is it seems a little sluggish top end and bottom end in the youtube videos I've seen (stock trucks). Seems like a $100+ pipe is needed to make it really go like the buggy goes stock (smaller wheels, it doesn't seem as underpowered). And hopefully then an upgraded air filter and / or engine wouldn't be needed. Still a great deal though, still strongly considering it. 30 min run time per tank[X(]

Edit: I decided to post what I'm talking about performance wise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3k075zI4eA
Not too bad I guess, it's just the engine doesn't crank into high RPM like most people would like to see
You are right. This is how a 5th scale engine is supposed to sound like at full trigger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOmYs...eature=related

If you buy that RC, immediately chunk that engine, I bet it is a DZY,really not much good in an RC. It probably would only be good for a small weedeater.

If you want the higher end performance that all otehr 5th sclaes get, you hav to get a Zenoah. Or if you want to save a little, and still get more power (not as good as Zenoah, but still better than DZY), you would have to get the Chang Yang (CY).
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Looks like someone in the RCU market area is trying to make some quick cash
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=464623
Old 12-17-2008, 11:55 PM
MadManAndrew

theres 3 used Firehammer MT's at my lhs for $300 each.All three still run fine.There's also an MCD buggy for $450.Don't know anything about MCD's so don't know how much they should run for...
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Must be the economy... $300 for a running 1/5 scale gasser[X(]