Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lost reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 AM
airoscar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost reverse?

i think i lost reverse on my emxt-1.
i been trying out swapping some receivers and crystals.
and then i realize that i dont have reverse anymore. only the ESC still has the light on when i go reverse, and a very weak almost unnoticeable whine...but the truck wont go reverse.

i hooked up the receiver with two servos and a battery pack and they all work fine. so im guessing just something wrong with the ESC.

could it be something burnt out on the ESC (cos i ran it bagged for a bit), or would resetting it do any charm?

cos this ESC doesnt have a reset button on it.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lost reverse?

could be overheated and burt out reverse or some water got in it.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 PM
airoscar

i think im gonna get a new ESC for this truck in a couple weeks.
Eddie, what ESCs should i be looking at? or just the stock replacement?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
ehroof

I saw your picture with all the snow on your truck so look for a waterproof (traxxas) esc on ebay. I convert all my electrics to brushless systems, the power and perfomance is just leaps and bounds over the brushed systems.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 PM
airoscar

what burshless would you put on an EMXT-1?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 PM
ehroof

The himoto brushless system!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 PM
firstrc
My Feedback: (1)

yeah as soon as I saw your name and the title of the thread I thought of that snow pic. Sounds like you burnt it as Eddie said.

And those himoto systems are very nice!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
airoscar

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

The himoto brushless system!!!!!
what are the specs on them?
like the kv ratings on the motor and stuff. i was wondering how fast this system run compare to some novak ones, but the website lacks some info on the motor.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 AM
ehroof

esc specs:

Continuous Current 60A
Burst Current 360A
Resistance 0.0006 ohm
Suitable Car 1/10, 1/12 on-road or off-road cars / trucks for general race
BEC Output 6V/2A
Motor Type Sensorless / Sensored Brushless Motor and Brushed Motor
Dimension 44(L)×31(W)×22(H) (The height of the cooling fan is not included)
Weight 37g(Without wires)

This series contains ESCs of 60A for cars and trucks.
 Compatible with sensorless brushless motor, sensored brushless motor and brushed motor.
 Use top quality electronic components such as IRTM (USA) super MOSFET and RubyconTM (Japan) lowest resistance capacitor etc. to enhance the current endurance ability of the ESC.
 Excellent start-up, acceleration and linearity features.
 2 running modes (Racing mode and Forward/Backward mode)
 4 steps of maximum reverse force adjustment.
 Proportional ABS brake function with 4 steps of maximum brake force adjustment, 8 steps of drag-brake force adjustment and 4 steps of initial brake force adjustment.
 9 start modes (Also called “Punchâ€) from “very soft (Level 1)†to “very aggressive (Level 9)â€.
 Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection for lithium or nickel battery / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection / Motor blocked protection.
 8 steps of timing adjustment, and you can use this programmable parameter to adjust the timing value even for sensored brushless motor, while for ESC from other manufacturers, you must turn the rear cover of the motor to change the timing value.
 Easily program with only one button and compatible with pocket-sized program card.

Motor is sensored 9.5R
Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 AM
airoscar

ill probably get thoese in two weeks, gonna finish some other stuff first. lol
how much do you charge for shipping?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 AM
ehroof

To CA would be like $15
Old 01-01-2009, 02:05 AM
airoscar

kool, i think ill probably go with those, cos waterproofing things is kinda risky, and brushless is faster, but ill probably need more battery, l ol.
ill message you in 2-3 weeks
thanks.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:29 AM
airoscar

AH haha, i broke the thing on the wheel hub thats connected to steering arm. its so freaking cold today, a blizzard is sweeping, but our schedule video contest shots are done as expected. and near the end we broke the thing but we got most of the shots we needed.

looks like i should replace those with aluminum ones especially when i get brushless on this thing and bashing it in such extreme saskatchewan weather. one more thing added into shopping list.

Eddie you will be amazed to see our clip, lol, i spent the last 3 hours editing a 20 second long section of it. this is gonna be better than any official trailer traxxas or hpi ever made, and i am gonna take the prize this time. next couple days im gonna do some soundtrack sampling and finish editing the rest of the 90 seconds.

JUST one thing, can i put in the video somewhere, like "HimotoRacingUSA.com Presents" ? just so it looks more professional, and i promise no inappropriate material will be presented in the video, lol

thanks.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:58 AM
ehroof

Thats fine bro, looking forward to seeing it.

Hey Adam, sounds like you have some competition.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
firstrc

esc specs:

Continuous Current 60A
Burst Current 360A
Resistance 0.0006 ohm
BEC Output 6V/2A

 Compatible with sensorless brushless motor, sensored brushless motor and brushed motor.
 Use top quality electronic components such as IRTM (USA) super MOSFET and RubyconTM (Japan) lowest resistance capacitor etc. to enhance the current endurance ability of the ESC.
 Proportional ABS brake function with 4 steps of maximum brake force adjustment, 8 steps of drag-brake force adjustment and 4 steps of initial brake force adjustment.
 9 start modes (Also called “Punchâ€) from “very soft (Level 1)†to “very aggressive (Level 9)â€.
 Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection for lithium or nickel battery / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection / Motor blocked protection.
 8 steps of timing adjustment, and you can use this programmable parameter to adjust the timing value even for sensored brushless motor, while for ESC from other manufacturers, you must turn the rear cover of the motor to change the timing value.
 Easily program with only one button and compatible with pocket-sized program card.

Motor is sensored 9.5R
That's the first time I have seen the full list of specs. Man I would love to have one of those systems!!
airoscar - If you can swing the cost you should def get it! It will be one of those items that others (like me[]) see in your pics that make us jealous! It will make you grin ear to ear to hear comments on it. I recently got a comment on my custom alum chassis retrofit and it was all I needed to pull me back into the hobby that I was kind of giving up on.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 AM
firstrc

ORIGINAL: airoscar

AH haha, i broke the thing on the wheel hub thats connected to steering arm. its so freaking cold today, a blizzard is sweeping, but our schedule video contest shots are done as expected. and near the end we broke the thing but we got most of the shots we needed.

looks like i should replace those with aluminum ones especially when i get brushless on this thing and bashing it in such extreme saskatchewan weather. one more thing added into shopping list.

Eddie you will be amazed to see our clip, lol, i spent the last 3 hours editing a 20 second long section of it. this is gonna be better than any official trailer traxxas or hpi ever made, and i am gonna take the prize this time. next couple days im gonna do some soundtrack sampling and finish editing the rest of the 90 seconds.

JUST one thing, can i put in the video somewhere, like "HimotoRacingUSA.com Presents" ? just so it looks more professional, and i promise no inappropriate material will be presented in the video, lol

thanks.
I'm like'n the hype on the video! Can't wait to see it! Good luck in the comp!

(I really need to get a video cam!)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:44 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: firstrc

esc specs:

Continuous Current 60A
Burst Current 360A
Resistance 0.0006 ohm
BEC Output 6V/2A

Motor is sensored 9.5R
That's the first time I have seen the full list of specs. Man I would love to have one of those systems!!
airoscar - If you can swing the cost you should def get it! It will be one of those items that others (like me[]) see in your pics that make us jealous! It will make you grin ear to ear to hear comments on it. I recently got a comment on my custom alum chassis retrofit and it was all I needed to pull me back into the hobby that I was kind of giving up on.

"custom alum chassis retrofit" hmmm????? Pics maybe?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM
firstrc

Here is the link to the pics: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81...tm.htm#8166156

I got a pm from someone who wanted to see it (he read an old thread I wrote explaining what I was going to do). So I posted the thread with the step by step. Eddie you were the first to respond to the thread! Thanks for always having something good to say! This forum would take a steep dive without guys like you!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 AM
ehroof

Thanks for the compliment bro, I remember now, killer truck bro. Need some video!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:03 PM
firstrc

Thanks! I know I know... I acually do have the video camera but I lost the charger for the battery about a year ago and never remember to get a new one when I'm out.

As far as the compliment... Just stating the facts friend! I doubt anyone would disagree!

airoscar... sorry to have taken your thread off topic...
Back on topic.. Get that Himoto system from Eddie.... I love my "other company" brushless and the Himoto is wayyyy better than mine. You will wish you had done it sooner!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 PM
airoscar

yeah, i want to get it now too, especially the weather just got so f*king nice today, unbelievably, and i took most of the outdoor shots in really extreme condition. i want to finish some jumpshots we werent unable to do, and so speeding shots that i wanna redo. and i bet the jump shot will look so much better with a brushless. ill probably get the himoto one, its near two hundred bux, but i have to buy some books for the new semester pretty soon its gonna be a few hundred bux too, so im gonna wait a bit after the school starts and all my books are ready. lol (every year form now on, i will have to spend a 800 or more money on books for university, that's like a nice descent truck a year, this is crazy!)

dam, the weather is really nice... i wish i didnt break the steering thing yesterday... but i guess you all have nice weather in your videos in the states, lol, so mine is probably unique. haha xD
Old 01-01-2009, 04:51 PM
airoscar

by the way, Eddie, do you have "102011 02131 Alum.Steering Hub 2P" i found it on himotoracing, cos ill need those as well.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
ehroof

Yes we do: http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
alexbent

Hello, i'm wanting to upgrade my ride with aluminum parts, but i have noticed some bearings inside the wheel hub, and in the picture on the site they dont have bearings in them.
so how am i supposed to remove those bearings from my old wheel hub and put into the aluminum one (if they use the same bearing i suppose)? should i re-use them or i should buy new ones and somehow press them in?

thanks,

Alex
Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM
ehroof

They come out with a little persuasion or sometimes very easy but they are meant to come out and you just put them in your new parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.