Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RS4-3 e-conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
txaggie08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4-3 e-conversion

First- I did search, could not find it period.

I have an RS4 chassis and diff setup(basically needs shock to be a roller). The tranny is no good(in fact is locked on the main gear.....failed attempt at doing this before), but I have the case and larger of the two gear, as well as the drivelines. I don't want to/can't run nitro where I'm playing around at. I don't race, and I don't need a 65mph car.....

I realize the car is heavy to be run on an electic motor. I can fix a good percentage off that with a mill and some time. The chassis is built like a brick turd house anyway, and there are already upgrad chassis that are cut way down, with an electric system the need for the beef should be a little less. I think some of the CF and GPM parts(like the gear box they offer that I understand is actually lighter) I should be able to crawl the weight down to an acceptable level.

Is there a legitimate reason why the differentials will not work in this setup?

Wasn't there originally a single speed drive offered on this car insted of the transmission? If so, is that part available still, and could a pinion be found/modified to drive that central gear?

I'm familiar with brushless systems in planes, but not cars. What would be an apropriate motor to try this, and are there premade motor mounts available that I could modify the chasis to take?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
J.D.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS4-3 e-conversion

the current mt2 from hpi is center slipped equiped spur, it should have the same drive cups as the rs4, not sure if its a direct bolt in but I know the diff housings are the same so you could always get the center mount and spur plus a mt2 chassis and driveshafts to gain a little lenght.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HPI-NITRO-MT...1%7C240%3A1318

sometimes they go for alot less on auctions