Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help with motors

Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 AM
hamy02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with motors

i have ofna ultra mbx comp. and it has the .26 force motor on it right now. the motor is all right but id like to put a traxxas 2.5 racing motor on there and i was wondering if i could even do it or if someone could point me i nthe right direction for specs to see if the motor will line up with out haveing to change to much. any help would be greatly apprecited thanks.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:06 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: need help with motors

The .26 cubic inch is a big block motor. The 2.5 is actually just a .15 cubic inch motor. Its a small block, and will not fit in place of the .26 or be nearly as powerful.

Whay are you wanting to put a 2.5 on it? They are good motors for their size, but i dont think it would be near worth the trouble. Are you just wanting a good motor for cheap, or do you have a 2.5 already and were wanting to do this?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
hamy02

the .26 force isnt a bad motor its just i dont really liek it honestly and wanted to try and go with somethign else. the traxxas motors that i have seen run really good and the 3.3 motor is def faster than that .26 also the 3.3 def has alot more low end power and over all performance than what ive seen out of that force motor and that force motor has been nothing more than a head ache since i got it.. prob the biggest reason for not wanting it. and i dont really ahve any experience with any other motors so since i really dont go buy things i havent seen then i can only compare thius motor to a traxxas motor. but hey if someones got a better motor or ide im all ears. thanks guys
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM
hamy02

also if anyone has a recomendation on a big block motor then im all ears just tryin g to figure out hwat i can and cant do im still trying to learn on all this. thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Chris_RC

Id get the mach 427. Easy to tune, powerful, and reliable.