Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, we need a separate vintage section
97.89%
No - there are already enough forums
2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

How about a Vintage Section

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How about a Vintage Section

Hi 1Troy7, you are pretty close to me in MN. Are there any good tracks around here that have vintage racing?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM
mazdaprotege4

Keep voting, we are getting some great response to this so hopefully we can show that we need a Vintage section!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:12 PM
HJJFFFAA

I like the older stuff. They are cool to look at and I'm sure a pleasure to own. Either way I voted yes.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: kistner

I a little surprised that someone actually voted no? With all the threads and subforums someone actually voted no as in 'No, I could not bear to have a forum with a vintage section.'
I would like a vintage section ,I started, I cant even fathom about 27 years ago with rc cars and have been hooked since then I wish I had all my old rcs my only vintage rc I have is from about 1991 it is a traxxas eagle I would kill for all my old rc10 gold pans and mrc cars . One thing if you are going to have a vote on something, have a choice for bolth sides it would be like 38 to 1 but you have to let the other side have a vote.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
mazdaprotege4

ORIGINAL: dkastil

ORIGINAL: kistner

I a little surprised that someone actually voted no? With all the threads and subforums someone actually voted no as in 'No, I could not bear to have a forum with a vintage section.'
I would like a vintage section ,I started, I cant even fathom about 27 years ago with rc cars and have been hooked since then I wish I had all my old rcs my only vintage rc I have is from about 1991 it is a traxxas eagle I would kill for all my old rc10 gold pans and mrc cars . One thing if you are going to have a vote on something, have a choice for bolth sides it would be like 38 to 1 but you have to let the other side have a vote.
I actually did have the other option but there were about 4 people who voted no. I don't see why anyone would vote no, it is not like another forum would affect them, but I guess some people just like to bash what others enjoy.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
mazdaprotege4

Please vote, we must be getting close to getting a Vintage Section.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
mazdaprotege4

This will be the last time that I bump this thread, so please vote so we can get a vintage section. Thanks
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 AM
warheadforever

Hay, I did already....or I would again! LOL
Old 04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

How come we're not getting any attention from the mods on this thread????[:@] We've had it going for a while, we have a poll showing that at LEAST 45 people would be interested in it and be regular posters, and still nothing!!![&:] For god's sake a few of us won't even let it die for more than a few days!!!! Come on mods, their are a lot of people who still collect, restore, and run vintage RC's. I guarantee that people that didn't vote or bother to show any interest would still check out a vintage forum once in a while. Lord knows we'd get plenty of posts about "hey does anyone have this", or "hey where can I find that." I think it would be a valuable addition to RCuniverse! It was so easy to get an MGT sub-forum, which by the way many(including most of the mods) said their wasn't enough interest in, but somehow their are people posting in it all the time!!! Come on Mods, please, please, please, please, hook us up with a vintage RC sub-forum or something, please!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets get her up & goin and see how it goes...bet it will get a lot of posts!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
traxxaspede

=) I was the 46th person to vote YES! I don't personally own a vintage and I probably won't because I don't have alot of money to spend on RC and I would rather spend it on newer designs like LiPo or brushless but I think vintage RC's are really cool. I like how alot of them have aluminum parts and now some rc cars dont really have any.

How many votes would we need to make a vintage section?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
mazdaprotege4

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

=) I was the 46th person to vote YES! I don't personally own a vintage and I probably won't because I don't have alot of money to spend on RC and I would rather spend it on newer designs like LiPo or brushless but I think vintage RC's are really cool. I like how alot of them have aluminum parts and now some rc cars dont really have any.

How many votes would we need to make a vintage section?
You would be surprised at how cheap you could get some vintage stuff on eBay. I have seen Tamiya Falcons go for as low as $30 RTR.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 PM
traxxaspede

$30? that seems pretty cheap but I have no idea what a tamiya falcon is like. But still, i would rather spend money right now on lipo, all my other batteries except for 1 are dead... [&o] But maybe ill get one later
Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 PM
mazdaprotege4

I do agree I would rather get the cars running and get some new batteries, but if you ever have a chance look up some of the vintage tamiyas on eBay, you would really be surprised as to how little they go for these days.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Barber420

You're not going to get any of the real old vintage Tamiya's, like a sand scorcher, for cheap. Those can go for like $3000 if it's new in box(NIB). You can get a lot of old vintage stuff for cheap though if you look at the right times. I'm glad to see we have 48 votes now. COME ON PEOPLE, ONLY TWO MORE VOTES AND WE'RE UP TO 50!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

lets see,
rc10 graphite (not even close to being original though) $30
Losi LXT about $30
Tamiya lunchbox, 20 year old not new, about $60
Traxxas Eagle $50 with a box of extras
HPI rs4mt (hey its over 10 years old) $40
and those prices included shipping, vintage is the poor (or cheap in my case) mans way to go!
now if I only had a designated spot to talk about these things.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Barber420

^^^ Yep. Another good comment and reason supporting the creation of a vintage sub-forum!!!! Come on people, we've got to be close!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Its actually a sickness, I have a hard time not looking for deals. I keep telling myself I'll spruce them up and sell them, but I can't seem to part with them!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
mazdaprotege4

If someone has the time, can they please put this request (send a link to the thread) into the Suggestions forum under Support.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
mazdaprotege4

Any one else interested in a vintage section?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Barber420

Are their any mods out there paying attention to this thread? Come on guys, hook us up!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still observing, though I'm not sure how a poll with one possible result helps determine a need. Naysayers have good points too and will often come up with reasons why a suggestion should be further considered. Shutting these people out of the thread by not giving them a voice doesn't help me make a good decision.

For example, how would you define vintage? How would members understand when to post in let's say the HPI forum and when to post in the Vintage forum? I see the potential for what you're asking and do think it might have some traffic with the old Lunchbox trucks and the like. We need to figure out the standard we'll used to help members post properly and to help determine whether a moderator should move a thread from a different forum to the vintage forum or from the vintage forum to another, more appropriate forum.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
MMT GUNS

I don't know if my nic is still visible here on RCU but just in case I voted (((( YES ))) we need those Vintage RC cars, just my two cents
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
mazdaprotege4

ORIGINAL: Nathan

I'm still observing, though I'm not sure how a poll with one possible result helps determine a need. Naysayers have good points too and will often come up with reasons why a suggestion should be further considered. Shutting these people out of the thread by not giving them a voice doesn't help me make a good decision.

For example, how would you define vintage? How would members understand when to post in let's say the HPI forum and when to post in the Vintage forum? I see the potential for what you're asking and do think it might have some traffic with the old Lunchbox trucks and the like. We need to figure out the standard we'll used to help members post properly and to help determine whether a moderator should move a thread from a different forum to the vintage forum or from the vintage forum to another, more appropriate forum.
Good Evening, Nathan.

When I originally setup the poll I did have two options, but some of the people who voted "no" actually said that I should remove the option, many said that the admins would only look to see the demand, not the viewpoints of the people who dont want the section (see previous comments). If you want we can add back the option to vote no, I just took it away because people suggested it was not needed.

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

I voted no, because I'm not really into vintage stuff, I'm more into the high performance cars...But it doesn't really matter how many people vote No, matter of fact, you should probably remove the No option, becuasr the mods and admins are only going to pay attention to how many people DO want a vintage section, and so far, thats not alot...

I know that in terms of Tamiyas to be considered "vintage" it has to be one of the first 150 kits or something along that line. I guess for other makes, you could put a cutoff, something like anything before 1990 is considered vintage or something like that.

Thanks for looking into this for us vintage fans!
Mark
Old 04-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Barber420

Awesome, and thank you for watching this thread!! I see we have 50 people showing interest now!!

As for basic guidelines for when to post in the vintage, well, I think that anything from about '95 and older could be considered vintage enough to fit into the forum. I mean, it's not like you can just buy parts for MOST of them at Tower or anywhere else when they're that old. That is 14, soon to be 15 years ago now.

All of my stuff I consider vintage is from '94 or earlier. The "youngest" of my vintage RC's is my '94 RC10GT(black tub chassis) and I definitely consider it vintage since you don't see many of them at all anymore. My "eldest" is my 1984 Edinger RC10.

I think it would be really cool if we started seeing some of the real vintage cars from the 60's and 70's!!!![8D] That's one of the reasons I would like to see a vintage sub-forum, because I'd like to randomly see pics of the real old stuff too. If people had a dedicated sub-forum I think we might see more of these older cars. As of right now not a lot of interest is shown in one organized forum. You find a little all mixed up in genral, off-road electric, off-road nitro, etc..., but I think if we had it all in one place it would be a lot easier for people interested in the older stuff to exchange tips, tricks, and pics.

I know I still run my vintage stuff too, and it seems quite a few others do, and being able to chat with people still using it would be great. Heck, I can still beat people in races with my old stuff!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.