Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Offical Virtual RC Thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 PM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical Virtual RC Thread!!!!

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

So, are they gonna have electric RC's in VRC 4?
Yes they will! [link]http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/vrc-column-pan-cars-data-logging/[/link] At the first release, they are only going to have 1/10 electric onroad, but 1/12 pan cars will be followed. So, in V4 they are going to have new 1/10 sportscar, sedan, GT, 1/8 sportscar, 1/10 electric sedan, 1/12 pan cars, 1/10 electric offroad buggies and trucks and 4wd buggies, and 1/8 buggies and truggies. Can you guys wait? (Wasnt intended for you madman andrew, just alot of people are just saying "RELEASE IT ALREADY" when they arent even done with the game. When the game is done, they will tell you [or me, then I will tell you! ]) They are going to have to create all new tracks so it is going to take a while to get everything going. As far as I know, the esc's and brushless motors will be programmable via the esc.
when they releaze VRC4 will it be a full release or will it be an upgrade to 3.5.. AND will i be able to keep the tracks i have already i have 11 tracks from the CD. i will be very upset if i lose my tracks.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: cheech4

Yes they will! [link]http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/vrc-column-pan-cars-data-logging/[/link] At the first release, they are only going to have 1/10 electric onroad, but 1/12 pan cars will be followed. So, in V4 they are going to have new 1/10 sportscar, sedan, GT, 1/8 sportscar, 1/10 electric sedan, 1/12 pan cars, 1/10 electric offroad buggies and trucks and 4wd buggies, and 1/8 buggies and truggies. Can you guys wait? (Wasnt intended for you madman andrew, just alot of people are just saying "RELEASE IT ALREADY" when they arent even done with the game. When the game is done, they will tell you [or me, then I will tell you! ]) They are going to have to create all new tracks so it is going to take a while to get everything going. As far as I know, the esc's and brushless motors will be programmable via the esc.
when they releaze VRC4 will it be a full release or will it be an upgrade to 3.5.. AND will i be able to keep the tracks i have already i have 11 tracks from the CD. i will be very upset if i lose my tracks.
V4 will be a completely different game that wont carry over to v3. They have been wokring on this game for 3 years. They will be mking revisions or new tracks for v4. IThey wont release everything at the same time, the inital release will consist of 1/10 onroad nitro and electric, then there will be upgrade packs with the offroad and 1/12 pan cars later.

[link=http://www.virtualrc.com/news/news.aspx?nid=122]THIS[/link] is everything you need to know about the refund program. So say you got it 7 months ago, and you buy a vrc pro service pack for $35, you will only pay $5 because for every month you had the game you loose $10 in value. Read the link for a more descriptive way of what I am saying. So when you purchased v3, your money is not lost.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:08 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: oday1395

ugghh. I cant download it!!![&o]. im not good with computers, anybody know of a good graphics card that will handel this game?
Well what does it say? The VRC demo isnt a big file so it should work fine. I bet even a 1990s card could handle it. Set the graphics quality to low and you should be good to go.
The computer is maybe 5years old? and its a dell. It says like "your graphics card does not support this program" or something close. anytips?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

OK, just tried again and it says that my graphics card does not meet the minimal requirements....[&o]
Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 PM
cheech4

V4 will be a completely different game that wont carry over to v3. They have been wokring on this game for 3 years. They will be mking revisions or new tracks for v4. IThey wont release everything at the same time, the inital release will consist of 1/10 onroad nitro and electric, then there will be upgrade packs with the offroad and 1/12 pan cars later.

[link=http://www.virtualrc.com/news/news.aspx?nid=122]THIS[/link] is everything you need to know about the refund program. So say you got it 7 months ago, and you buy a vrc pro service pack for $35, you will only pay $5 because for every month you had the game you loose $10 in value. Read the link for a more descriptive way of what I am saying. So when you purchased v3, your money is not lost.
you remember chris my purchase was made threw a ebay store in august of 08 does this still qualify for the refund for upgrading to VRC4. if so any idea when the new edition is coming
Old 03-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Chris_RC

you remember chris my purchase was made threw a ebay store in august of 08 does this still qualify for the refund for upgrading to VRC4. if so any idea when the new edition is coming
Yea I remember. If you registered the game, you will get your refund. it should be coming out in a month or two. The vrc prmotion site will be released this week so it will answer alot of questions reguarding the new version.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
cheech4

Yea I remember. If you registered the game, you will get your refund. it should be coming out in a month or two. The vrc prmotion site will be released this week so it will answer alot of questions reguarding the new version.
ok cool, the game has been registered, and i have a sign on name for the sight too, cant wait
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
dgz69er

I recently started racing onroad. I'd like to try this game for practice, will it feature the tc5r, can I run a 13.5 brushless 2 cell lipo setup, and most importantly. I'd prefer to use my own radio. I have a dx3r, can I use this on the game, and if so how does that work?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

I recently started racing onroad. I'd like to try this game for practice, will it feature the tc5r, can I run a 13.5 brushless 2 cell lipo setup, and most importantly. I'd prefer to use my own radio. I have a dx3r, can I use this on the game, and if so how does that work?
This is a great game that helps imporoves your driving skill, and msot of all setup ability. They have the nitro tc-5 on the game, but I tried all the 1/10 sedan vehicles and the Kyosho V-One RRR belt is the best 1/10 in the game. Look at a results page, 95% on the top drivers use them. v3.5 does not have electric cars, but v4 pro will. You can use your dx3r perfectly fine. you can get [link=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13158]THIS[/link] for $6 shipped which works with 2.4ghz, or you could also just get the VRC-2 adapter which works with 2.4. Plug the throttle and steering connectors into your receiver, and then plug the usb into your usb prt. No need for an external rx battery. Turn on your raido and it should work!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Chris_RC

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!VIRTUAL RC PRO PROMOTION SITE IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find it at [link]http://www.virtualrc.com/vrc-pro/[/link]
Old 04-17-2009, 02:17 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Do you know where the pit is on the drifting and stunt track? I can not find it.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Do you know where the pit is on the drifting and stunt track? I can not find it.
There is no pit. That is really just a play track. Download oslo and fort myers for free and it will be alot better. Even better if you get the $6 shipped usb adapter, the one I linked 3 posts back.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
pede_187

This is awesome! I love the Drifter and Stunt park
Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: pede_187

This is awesome! I love the Drifter and Stunt park
The stunt park is actually REALLY bad. I dont even think there is a racing line. Like I said to t-max97, download oslo and fort myers.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:05 PM
t-max97

There is no pit. That is really just a play track. Download oslo and fort myers for free and it will be alot better. Even better if you get the $6 shipped usb adapter, the one I linked 3 posts back.

What do you mean? Like for a radio?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM
pede_187

I just ordered the USB Adapter! Can't wait to get it

Edit: Hey Chris, which Adapter is the one you listed above? VRC-1 adapter , VRC-2 USB Adapter, or VRC USB Controller & VRC-3 USB Adapter?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
cheech4

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!VIRTUAL RC PRO PROMOTION SITE IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find it at [link]http://www.virtualrc.com/vrc-pro/[/link]
hey chris where can you purchase vrc pro the game? or download it ?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:41 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

What do you mean? Like for a radio?

Well for one i'm glad i came ot see the gen area of rcu, i have played this game for years with just they keyboard, and once apon a time had the fastest lap time, also i took part in one of there online events. i always wanted to get the full version but its so much money...

My Q here is, if you buy now and the release pro will it come free to the people who have it already or are we going to have to buy pro, is so i'm gonna hold off and wait for pro, as i have been waiting for the offroad tracks for ages...

ok to answer Annie's Q yes man, you plug it into the pc and the other wires into the receiver and you can use your radio to play the game, i got my self one finally and oh what a difference it makes not to mention how life like feel.

btw multilayer is available in the demo so if you guys ever want to race lets get a game going, i have some sick tunes hehehe.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 AM
t-max97

Thanks for the info. I think I am gonna get one.

Nevermind I forgot I don't have a 2.4ghz.

And the other one is too much money.[&o]
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Chris_RC

It MIGHT work for AM-FM. I am going to try it and see how it works. But for $6 shipped, why not? ON a side note, you can go on ebay and get 13 v3.5 tracks for $20 SHIPPED. Then go on vrc site, news, refund program and download all the tracks right before you upgrade to PRO and you will get a BIG refund! That is what I am going to do.

Edit: Hey Chris, which Adapter is the one you listed above? VRC-1 adapter , VRC-2 USB Adapter, or VRC USB Controller & VRC-3 USB Adapter?
It is bascially a knock off. I use the VRC-2, but I dont use 2.4 for my simulation games so I really dont need vrc-2. As a matter of fact, my vrc adapter broke today...And soldering doesnt work.

hey chris where can you purchase vrc pro the game? or download it ?
Like the Pieter said on the feedback section, they arent going to make any promises. I am aiming for an -August+ release, probably longer though. Remember, no one wants the game out faster than them.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:00 PM
pede_187

This probably isn't very good, but I got 17.7 seconds on fort myers (on my 2nd day with the keyboard). It's a fun track, I guess I"ll just keep practicing.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: pede_187

This probably isn't very good, but I got 17.7 seconds on fort myers (on my 2nd day with the keyboard). It's a fun track, I guess I"ll just keep practicing.
Its pretty good for a beginner. Fort Myers is a very hard and demanding, but rewarding track. Are you using 1/8, 1/10 sportscar or sedan? I would log onto virtualrc.com, then click on the drop down thing at the middle left corner, then my setups, then browse more setups. Go to fort myers, then download the thomas hofstedt setup. I think I made a sportscar setup, but it is for beginners and not very good. With my setup I got 12.3 in 1/10 sportscar, with Thomas's I got 12.1. I actually won the Virtual RC Winter Nationals Rookies at fort myers on sportscar-I averaged a 13.1 second lap over 20 minutes. I won by just over a second. Believe me, it was not just for rookies.

Practicing is my suggestions, I put probably 20 hours of practice time for my 3 class in the winter nats. I also believe 85% is setup-have the genric setup and you are going to suck. Get a good setup and you will do fine! Go on the vrc forums, then game play and setup, the hofstedt setup corner. He will tell you what setups do what, and what to get if you want more.......
Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
cheech4

hey chris what does and time do you usually go to VRC and race i want to start getting back into it.. and what tracks you like best.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Chris_RC

hey chris what does and time do you usually go to VRC and race i want to start getting back into it.. and what tracks you like best.
I will be online a lot. Currently I dont have my adapter, but I am still really good on keyboard! PM me and we will set up a dual race. I race 1/10 sedan and sportscar. Sedan, sportscar, and GT are the same chassis, just for example sportscar gives more downforce thus easier to drive. I only have Fort myers and Oslo now, because my hardrive took its last breathe so some of my tracks got deleated. I dont race much anymore though, because of v4 coming in a couple months and im using keyboard. My adapter shoudl be here in a week!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ok i got some questions thats throwing, if i buy the vrc 3.5 now, would i be able to get said refund or am i outta the loop?

Should i wait for the v4 or get 3.5now?

I;m looking into getting 3.5 but if i'm gonna have to drop another 30bucks in the next month or so then i dunno if i should get it or not.

My adapter broke today and its way outta warranty so I'm back to the keyboard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.