Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tire life

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:49 PM
spadworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire life

What's the expected tire life of a Nitro Car for just parking lot bashing? I've basically ran two sets till they split within one Gallon of fuel. What's the longest lasting tires for 1/8 scale on road?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 PM
RS4RACER

Default Tire life

hmmm.well I ran a pair of soft compounds out in one days bashing on a very rough asphalt so use hard coumpounds!!, for the rest I dont know
Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Tires

The surface you are running on has a lot to do with tire wear, especially if you are running foams.
In most cases a set of foams will give about a days worth of racing on rough asphalt. On tracks that have playground type asphalt you could potentially get 2 full race days out of a set.

I have never seen a pair of rubber tires on a 1/8th scale on road car. But if you can find some they usually will last a lot longer than foams.
Setup also plays a big role in tire wear, if your setup is off you will certainly eat up the tires.

Dbow
Old 06-19-2003, 02:00 AM
spadworld

Default Tire life

Well to correct my ignorance It's a 1/10 Scale. Sorry for the mix up. I've been using the stock NTC3 RTR tires. I'm about to gear up first somewhat to stop wasting power from tires spinning. So that should help.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:09 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Tires

HPI makes some cheap rubbers called M-compounds, they last a long while but dont offer much traction. For the parking lot though they are great shoes for your car.
HPI has quite a few options, check out the site for more info.

Dbow
Old 06-21-2003, 05:10 PM
gmac4826

Default Tire life

i got a hard compound tire and put a tire compount on it to make it sticky. very durable but a lot of traction
Old 06-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Rex2342

Default Tire life

If you find a good set of tires that work LET ME KNOW!!!I go through a set of tires in about 2 hours of bashing and haven't found a set that lasts yet!! I heard the HPI belted radials last a long time but I haven't tried them yet.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:49 PM
gmac4826

Default Tire life

i have had the hpi belted radials and they are AWESOME!!! they even work after the tires seem destroyed. i put something on my tires that makes them softer and sticky also. the stuff is about 5 bucks a bottle. i have had a bottle of red dot but they dont make that anymore.