Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Jobs of RC people

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jobs of RC people

civil engineer working as a project manager for a construction company, get some nice opportunities to run my rc trucks around construction sites.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm an art and jewelery dealer.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 PM
associatedrules

Lead tech support rep for an alarm company.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 PM
MonkeyFist

I'm a machinist. You'd be surprised how many time fellow RCs have asked me that. When I answer thier eyes light up and questions start flying. Like can you make this? and can you do that? I do mainly small parts. The smallest is only about .013 in diameter (+/-.0002) , or about 4 times the diameter of an average human hair.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 AM
lpmold
My Feedback: (5)

I'm a mold maker in the plastic injection mold industry.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MonkeyFist

I'm a machinist. You'd be surprised how many time fellow RCs have asked me that. When I answer thier eyes light up and questions start flying. Like can you make this? and can you do that? I do mainly small parts. The smallest is only about .013 in diameter (+/-.0002) , or about 4 times the diameter of an average human hair.
I can understand that, I'm actually in search of a good machinist in my area haha

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 AM
AMOUREDTANK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it funny that there is always one person that has something negative to say. If they are against the new topic why did they read? let alone post. I work for 911 i dispatch for fire and ambulance.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 AM
DreamingTree1027
My Feedback: (5)

University student in the winter and work all summer. I have been working 5 to 6 days a week since jr. high school during the summer so I don't have to work in the winter during school. I have worked as a Farmhand, Golf Course Maintenance, Mowing Lawns, City Inspector Assistant (Internship), and the last two years I have worked as a Construction Coordination Intern, which pays better so I don't have two jobs now finally. Hopefully out of schoolnext May. Any construction company owners hiring out there lol
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Stahd40

I'm a 47yo stay at home dad. Greatest job I never wanted. School year is busy with volunteering at the kids' school, and summersare lazy do whatever times. Works out pretty good. Handyman too when the need arises.

Kelly
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM
flyalot
My Feedback: (63)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Retired Navy, FireControl Missles/Guns. Retired Honeywell Corp., process control. RETIRED!

Now build and fly R/C , and my honeydo list!

Joe

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
breezerboat

looks to me that most of us are not 14.  I can't imagine many 14 year olds able to afford this hobby.  Heck, I can barely afford it.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Operations manager and IT manager for a gasket company
Old 06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
MonkeyFist

ORIGINAL: sheograth

ORIGINAL: MonkeyFist

I can understand that, I'm actually in search of a good machinist in my area haha
For what kind of work?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

I remember working for $1 an hour on the farm summers when I was 12 and 13.  I was working 7 days a week and clearing over $100 per week.  And I thought I was rich.

Now I work in a plastic extrusion company to pay my RC bills!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Electrical Engineer, been working as a Project Manager for the last 30 years or so - currently managing major projects at LAX/ONT

Volunteer USFS ranger "in my spare time"
Old 06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
linkman
My Feedback: (51)

I'm a machinist for the past 11 years. In Michigan the highest unemployment in the nation and now laid off.

Lots time for my r.c and family now but can't help but worry about future. If you need full time help in southwest Mi. here I am!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM
hchia25

I work in IT for a company
Old 06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Phil @ RCIS

14 eh... I went to sea when I was 14...My mother and Father couldnt afford to keep me at home so i left and went to sea. I had been around the world 3 times by age16 , which is when i got married. 5 wives and 7 kids and 4 grandchildren later !!!! Those were the first and last two years I worked for someone else. Since then Ihave contracted at sea (Chief engineer) owned transport companies in UK and Australia, Owned three race teams, owned performance race car shops in three countries. 8 years ago i met my current wife in the USA and left the sea.... ha.. sort of anyway.. now we own a mega yacht refit and repair company in South Florida and guess what.. I am in the process of setting up a RC set of race tracks and starting a hoby shop from nothing. Make your hobby work for you in the end. My point is if you have a dream you will usually achive it, none of what I have done was with familly money, every step of the way was and still is a struggle (on a different scale to day) but I enjoy every day, love every moment and live for tomorrow. By the way. education ? I learned more in the first three months at sea than I ever did at school. Still at school when your 21? what are you doing with your life ? I'm a 19 year old in a 50 something body and its crap not to be able to do everything i want to sometimes because my body wont let me.. and yes i have failed several times on he way through.. just get up , brush up and carry on..
Check out the build of the new tracks as they happen.. rc-international-speedways.com. By the way you can say what you like as I wont be reading the replies !!!LOL.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
baseballcrazy

I'm a Field Service Rep. for a German Company.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
fcazzol

Iam a Defence Scientist (Department of National Defence Canada).

Ido not work on weapons or explosivesbut Iget to see RC stuff the Army uses once in a while. Not often enough though ah ah ah
Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM
kymont
My Feedback: (2)

I'm a metallurgical engineer by training and lead a Product Technology and Technical Service group for an aluminum sheet company. Though I worked on aircraft alloys early in my career, the company I've been with for the last 23 years produces sheet primarily for beer, beverage and food cans. Thanks to all of you drinking your beer and soda from aluminum cans - and recycling!!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Savage_Dias

Before I was laid off I was a Manufacturing Supervisor at a turnkey electronics assembly plant in Beaver, WV. I've spent the last month looking for work & it's not out there. The few people that say they are hiring think I'm over qualified so for now I'm catching up on all the stuff I didn't have time to do while I was dedicating myself to a company that some worthless S.O.B. ripped out from under us so he could take the work to unqualified factories. I'm not bitter though... no... not at all..... lol
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
MonkeyFist

ORIGINAL: linkman

I'm a machinist for the past 11 years. In Michigan the highest unemployment in the nation and now laid off.

Lots time for my r.c and family now but can't help but worry about future. If you need full time help in southwest Mi. here I am!

I feel your pain. While I still am employed, my jobs have been pushed so far out that I may end up working myself out of a job. The job I'm currently cutting is not due till September, the other jobs I have are not due till late this year or even next year.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
private pilot 2

I work for GOODRICH, landing gear division , formerly B.F. GOODRICH AEROSPACE
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM
yahman1254

about the person above asking how 14 year olds can afford the hobby, i will tell you that i at least, have to be veeeery resourceful with my money and i spend a lot of time researching the best way to spend what little money i am allotted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.