Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What to get next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
jatoracing33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get next?

So, I have decided to continue adding to my RC collection. Right now I have a Jato 3.3 and a Nitro TC3, and I would like to add something 1/8th scale, off-road, nitro. I want something great for bashing, but not so much racing, seeing as there are no tracks around here[:@], but I still want good handling and durability. I was thinking a Savage SS (mainly because its the kit version), a truggy, or a buggy. The only reason I want a truggy or a buggy is basically I just like them. I like the design of them, even though I will be racing VERY little or not at all.

I read that over and it doesn't sound right to me, so in short, which truggy, buggy, or MT would I be best off with? Money isn't an issue, I plan on saving up for whatever I am getting.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
rcslsafut

Default RE: What to get next?

cant go wrong w/ a savage!!
ttough as nails !! i can tell you this , when it comes to hpi nitro, the f series of engines are spoken of as the better
group of engines . i.e. the f 4.6 is more disireable than the k 4.6.
truggies ,and buggies are usually very well built as well!! but be read to spend some dough on truggies and buggies.
they will be more suited for racing (truggies,buggies) than a mt , and will handle very well !!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

cant go wrong w/ a savage!!
ttough as nails !! i can tell you this , when it comes to hpi nitro, the f series of engines are spoken of as the better
group of engines . i.e. the f 4.6 is more disireable than the k 4.6.
truggies ,and buggies are usually very well built as well!! but be read to spend some dough on truggies and buggies.
they will be more suited for racing (truggies,buggies) than a mt , and will handle very well !!!
Agree.
Savage is a great basher, can do crazy ass jumps, and be driven to hell and back without breaking parts.
Savage RTR IMO is better than the kit, the kit has the crappy K4.6 in it where the RTR has the F4.6.
Only thing the Savage is weak in is handling, but hell its a monster truck they are supposed to be giant top heavy behemoths that have issues turning.
BTW I have the K4.6 in mine and I've had a few issues with it (con-rod brass bearing shattered on the 10th tank of nitro in it...)...

Buggies I like the Jammin X1X CR RTR its $340 on amain's site, things it would need would be a metal geared steering servo (the stock one craps out very soon after using it, and has issues turning a stampede), Alum center braces, and a "Z-brace" to put near the gas tank. total I spent on mine including mods I'd say was around $380 to turn it into a damn tank on wheels. It has a F.28 (same engine basically thats in the RTR savage) that I've not had a single issue getting to hold a tune. It has also been the easiest engine I've had to start with a pull starter, usually takes 2-3 pulls to get it running.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
eric540
My Feedback: (2)

I can agree with a savage too, they're great for bashing and they're very durable but if you want something with good handling a truggy would be good. Truggies have the bashing of a monster truck and handling of a buggy in one. Some good truggies are - losi 8ight-t 2.0, jammin x2, and Associated RC8T.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM
rockNrollRC

MGT's are nice bashers too, and most hobby shops carry associated parts. The trucks are very durable.