Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

O.S. 21 RG-X pullstart engine in Inferno MP 7.5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

O.S. 21 RG-X pullstart engine in Inferno MP 7.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Nicolai91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 21 RG-X pullstart engine in Inferno MP 7.5

Hi there.

I've just bought aO.S..21 RG engine for my Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 buggy, with a pullstart, only to realise that the thing doesn't fit with the standard mounting because
the pullstart housing won't clear. Has anyone got any experience on this ?

Help would be greatly appreciated ! I'm desperate ![img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s46.gif[/img]

Thank you in advance
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM
ShoestringRacer

Default RE: O.S. 21 RG-X pullstart engine in Inferno MP 7.5

I ran into the same problem when I tried to put it in my 1/8 Ofna. That old 21 RG while a good engine is notorious for its big pull start housing. Nothing you really can do. The 20E carb on that engine is excellent (like most OS) so I ended up putting that 20E carb on my Ofna 21 Hyper engine which has a lousy carb and put that in the buggy.

Actually, maybe you can do something. You could take off the pullstart and install the engine without it and use a bump box starter I imagine.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Nicolai91

Default RE: O.S. 21 RG-X pullstart engine in Inferno MP 7.5

In theory, wouldn't it be possible to just remove the starterpin from the crankshaft and then install a cover plate ? Then it would only be a 4,49$ install instead of 42$