RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What was your first toy RC car?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:03 PM
regg151

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What was your first toy RC car?

was a little toyota GTP replica from Radio shack that turned left in reverse when you one of the 2 buttons on the remote the other was forward only. think I got way back around 1978.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 PM
dacaur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AMOUREDTANK

Ok so i just searched and couldn't find anything even similar. It was a buggy, it was bought '95 or later. From what i remember it has a black body with red stickers. It had a red wing that had an aggressive look to it. IT had a square remote with the two joysticks one for steering of for throttle and It took 8 AA's. It also had that large plastic bumper in the front that protected the wheels. And the side rail things that are like triangles off the side of the body.
If anyone has even a remote clue of what i am talking about or a place to look. It would be greatly appreciated.
I had that same car!... It was the thunder fox. There were several versions of it over the years... here is a pic i found...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLa...313ej5_18.jpeg

Ttam Says Blarg , Zip zaps, I still have some of those
Old 06-27-2009, 06:10 PM
cumquat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the first one i remember was when i was maybe 5, it was a tyco that would back up and turn untill you pressed a button. i thought it was so cool because it had a key that i had to put in the side of it to turn it on and it had a v8 recording. a couple years later i laid my eyes on my uncles hobby grade, i think i actually have it now but thats besides the story. a few months later my church had its anual bible school (not sunday school, its different) and they give you points for memerizing verses and stuff like that and at the end of the week they call you up in order of who had the most points and i was 4th, i picked a lego truck. i loved that thing, i would have kept it running if it lasted longer on 10 aa's! so years later (that was 2001 now talking about 2007) i got a xmod from radio shack, and i took the rear off the lego and put it on the back of the xmod and it would wheelie like non other. a few months later i got an evader ext, 2 months past, i found rcu and the rest is history.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:15 PM
dacaur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My very first RC was a 2wd buggy that went forward and turned in reverse, The remote got lost somehow, but I discovered that our cordless phone would control it. on for forward, off for reverse... (this was in like 1985....) My mom would always get mad at me because i had the phone in my toybox with the car
Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM
cumquat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

first she tells you to put your toys away then she gets mad when you do, there is no pleasing her.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 PM
dacaur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: moron88

first she tells you to put your toys away then she gets mad when you do, there is no pleasing her.
lol
Old 06-27-2009, 07:40 PM
robwiljas

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have no clue what my first one was, would have been in the early 80's and I was pretty young. I had a lot of toy R/C's as a kid though until I got my first hobby grade one in 1992.

The first one I remember although I know it was not my first was an R/C model of KITT from Knight Rider. I also remember a little front wheel drive Porche from Radio Shack. The front axle was hinged in the center and it steered by varying the speed of the front tires, causing the axle to turn on it's axis. I also remember a Tyco hovercraft that was a major PITA to drive. I also remeber a Tyco thing with tank tracks, and a Nikko truck with engine and horn sounds.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
rcResearch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am on a research team at the University of Michigan and if everyone on this forum would take this survey it would be greatly appreciated.

www.zoomerang.com/Survey/
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Smiff 24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I never had one as a kid but I bought my son a turbo hopper & a Big Bubba
Man did that turbo hopper eat batteries! We ran the wheels off both of them.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
sheograth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't remember exactly but it was some buggy like thing from Radio Shack.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok guys im 53 years old back when i was a little kid they had a ford skyliner with a corded remote with a steering wheel and a foward reverse button the steering wheel was attatched to a internal wire in the cord that would manually turn the fron wheels quite smothly as i remember ive seen them in antiques shops for like 40 bucks
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 AM
rast4man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

1957 Chevy with "realistic motor sounds". That survived one puddle then got a Grasshopper Kit. That was 24 years ago. WOW!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
1320Fastback

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My first RC car was a blue truck about the size of the Stampede, I think it said Bear foot 4x4x4 on the side. I had a manual HI/LOW switch and steered left in reverse. I think it was from ToysRUs but not sure, after I broke it I remember burying it in my moms garden.....I should get a metal detector and go dig it up.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Kitsune

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had a little red Lamborghini as my first rememberable car, but my second was this Nikko Runaway which I still have.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 AM
traxxasmuddog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You guys will never belive me but the first rc i ever had and still have was a 4x4 from radio shack it takes 12 aa batteries  my brother has a traxxas e-maxx that we hooked it too and belive it or not the old school radio shack truck pulled it about 3 foot before the battireys went dead lol.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
alexchen86

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ummm my first remote controlled car was a knock off Lamborghini that you had to chase after since it was connected by a cord.

Does that count as remote control? Hahaha
Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 PM
1320Fastback

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Remote control Yes, Radio contro NO
Old 02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
choppermikez

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my first rc truck was a 1957 chevy belair i got from big lots i took it apart and bought a used motor and esc from my buddy that was big into the electric cars and truck come to find out it didnt work i striped out the pinion gears in the lil gear box it has if u wanna call it that but that was my first rc car i ever got and after that its been a big time part of my life ever sence now im running 1/5th scale fg trucks and haven a blast every time i run it
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
searlesy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My first was a Jet hopper turbo

http://www.backtotheeighties.net/ima...pper-turbo.jpg

Ialways wanted something faster, being a kid, Iwent to radioshack, bought a heap of 9v battery connectors, and made up my own battery packs which Ihooked up to the wire springs inside the battery housing, which was very expensive, but added a bit of traction!

Iwish I had kept it, not long before I decided to get some Decent new RCs, Itried it, it didnt work, so Ibinned it
Old 02-09-2010, 12:31 AM
cobaltracer1986

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well, ive had,... a lot, the first ones were attached to a cord, the first one i bought i thinkl was about 30 bux from radio shack, its a blue truck, that has a red switch on the side, and when you turn the switch it made engine sounds, took 4 aa battereis, and the controller had a clear button on it, i think the turbo button or a horn, and id drive it all the time, the box had a pic of it whti its lights on blasting thru a rocky creek lookin thing, its still in my closet at my moms house, i duno where the controller is, but its in great condition!

my bro had the snake lookin thing with 10 wheels that was suppose to climb steps, not sure if youall had that one or not,, it was red

Search this Thread