Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEW Viper X2S commercial/video

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW Viper X2S commercial/video

What do you guys think?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hLg-V7rJ4[/youtube]

http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/960/v...ommercial.html
Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 AM
kuppler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Viper X2S commercial/video

nice video....... maybe on the next one have a few speed runs on it. to show off the speed of the 2 speed...... just my $0.02..............
Old 07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
ehroof

i liked it, i like the way it shows it can handle a track, can take a double easily, handle the moguls. 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:17 PM
kuppler

yea i liked it also..... just would like to see the speed of it...
i like how it jumps.. nice and smooth.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
guy4x4

I love it great vid handles really well would also like to see some of the other megap series too.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
firebeast

I'd say it was pretty good, but i'd like to see some speed as well...maybe with a speed gun or something...I did really like that it was on a track...maybe a clip of it hitting full speed on a long straight on a track.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
ehroof

There are vids in the work for track runs with the whole megap series
Old 07-11-2009, 06:21 PM
redthugneck

it was a good vid .... i argee id like to see some speed runs ... id also like to see some bashing off the track .. cause to me running on a track kinda restricts the rc you really cant beat it like most people will when they get ... just my .02
Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Redharris

Eddie....

Thats a Killer Video for an Advertisment!!!

It is just the right Length and shows what the Truck can handle.....
Old 07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
firebird78

I like this alot...personally I would like to see vids like this for every model...just me but I think a 3 part setup would be ideal...first part running on a track like this...second do some speed runs (we all like speed but to much on one vid can be boring just my .02 ) and the 3rd be a durability, I'm saying put it through the wringer..

if I could figure out why I cant upload video I would be more then happy to do the durability on models I own...the way I see it is the contests are all about this stuff...who better to show off the models then a customer themselves...yeah sure its a chance to get some free stuff and to show off...but it is THE BEST advertisement a company can ask for..
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 AM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: firebird78

I like this alot...personally I would like to see vids like this for every model...just me but I think a 3 part setup would be ideal...first part running on a track like this...second do some speed runs (we all like speed but to much on one vid can be boring just my .02 ) and the 3rd be a durability, I'm saying put it through the wringer..

if I could figure out why I cant upload video I would be more then happy to do the durability on models I own...the way I see it is the contests are all about this stuff...who better to show off the models then a customer themselves...yeah sure its a chance to get some free stuff and to show off...but it is THE BEST advertisement a company can ask for..
Again Randy well put.. LOL...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Swamp3r

I have to agree I would love vids of all the models.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
amf66

It's a great video! I would like to see videos like it for all the other models too.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Kodiac400

I like the video. Shows what the truck is capable of doing. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
airoscar

this is a pretty nice clip
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 AM
guy4x4

Want one of these so bad but also want one of the new corr trucks.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
boobsie

i bought a viper x2s a month ago and its the biggest mistake of my life,the truck really suck .....parts is hard to find and everytime i bring it to a hobby shop to repair it they reject it coz they didnt know what is it...its an insult...i hate my truck just a few runs and composite brake already wear off...
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: boobsie

i bought a viper x2s a month ago and its the biggest mistake of my life,the truck really suck .....parts is hard to find and everytime i bring it to a hobby shop to repair it they reject it coz they didnt know what is it...its an insult...i hate my truck just a few runs and composite brake already wear off...
What in particular are you have problems with? I own the MXT-2s which is very similar to the Viper X2s and I don't have many problems with it. In fact, I think it holds up great. And I also own many other brands and then all need a good amount of attention.

As for parts, I've only really needed to go to the first link, but here are some places to get parts.

www.himotoracingusa.com

www.allaboutfunhobbies.com

http://www.himotoracing.com/index.ph...uct=spare_part

Old 08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Swamp3r

You can't just run the truck out of the box you have to go over it....blue lock tite metal to metal screws, check linkages probably why your brake wore out it was dragging as you were driving also making it slow. Did you break in the motor properly too and maitaining it after your done driving it leaving at bdc and using after run, check your air filter make sure it's clean and oiled check to make sure your carb is set right and temps are good(elevation,temps and humidity affect your carb settings too). It doesn't hurt to go over it just every once in awhile too. I own 22 r/c's some losi's, jato, schumacher, redcats and himotos and I have the same breakage and stuff wearing out as my himoto's(own 3 vipers no problems). As for parts use the links Pede gave you, I promise you won't have issues ordering. We are here to help
Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
ehroof

Sounds like the brake wasnt adjusted correctly.  I have found if you didnt buy the car from a lhs, they will put their noses up at it.  Be ready to fix and repair whatever you buy, i own them all and they all need something done, not just himoto, when i say i own them all, i really do own them all, tmaxx, savage, aftershock, lst, micro's, mini's, mugens, serpents, rs4's, jato, you name it, its on one of my shelves somewhere.  This is not the hobby for someone who doesnt like to tinker or have patience. 
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM
firebird78

I'd have to agree....if your not wanting to or not capable of fixing your rc then its not the hobby for you....there is MUCH more to rc then taking them outta the box and running them....
electric, nitro and gas, all them need to be maintaned and need repairs from time to time...I would hate to have to count on a lhs to maintain a rc...actually they would prolly laugh at you fer having them do it
as far as parts availability...do you take a new chevy to a ford dealer to get parts?...I think not...not many lhs's carry these parts...does that make the rc bad?..NO....parts are readily available....and say you say screw it and go to your local hobby shop and buy a different rc...are you guarenteed they will have any part that you may break on the shelf?...alot of the times you will hear "we dont have it.. but we can order it for you"....well guess what...you can order the parts for any rc yourself online...most likely have it just as fast if not faster and quite possibly for less money then your lhs...
I too beleive the rc was just taken outta the box...had batteries and fuel dumped in it and away it went...sorry but if you dont pay attention to detail you will get THE SAME with any rc
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
kuppler

well put Randy.... Well put....
Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
boobsie

i have this viper x2s and its kinda sucks you know... givin me a hard time to fix it and the parts ,you have to order it ...no parts available in every hobbyshop i go through. and kinda insult coz they dont know what is it....this one of redcat new product and it really sucks...biggest mistake is i bought it...damn

Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Swamp3r

I think your in the wrong hobby bro. We tried to help you with previous posts above. There is nothing wrong with the viper.........
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: boobsie

i have this viper x2s and its kinda sucks you know... givin me a hard time to fix it and the parts ,you have to order it ...no parts available in every hobbyshop i go through. and kinda insult coz they dont know what is it....this one of redcat new product and it really sucks...biggest mistake is i bought it...damn

like I said in my previous post...YES you have to order parts online....but if you buy say a traxxas revo and you break it there is a chance your hobby shop may not have the part, so they will have to order it....

like I said in my previous post...say you had a revo and broke a part..you walk into the hobby shop and they say we dont have it, but we can order it in for you...guess what..MOST LIKELY you can order the part yourself online and not only get it as fast or faster, but also for less money....

as far as having a hard time fixing your truck....WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE??.....we are here to help each other set-up, maintaine and repair rc's....as I said in the previous post...if your not wanting maintain and repair your rc, you need to find a different hobby....no matter what rc you buy it will need to be properly maintained and repaired..there is not a maintanance free rc on the market my friend...and they all break...

I bet you took the viper out of the box...put batteries and fuel in it..started it up and away it went...now your frustrated cause you cant fix it because you dont want to take the time to learn how, and you wont ask for help....sorry my friend...you coulda bought the most expensive rc on the planet and would have had the same result...I could be wrong but I doubt it..the fact you have only 2 posts is proof to me....and neither one of them asking for help I might add....we are hear to help....but WE cant help YOU if YOU dont ASK for help...

by the way....I order my parts and get usually have them within 3 days...ordered parts sunday and here today....cant beat that service...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.