Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone nutty enough to try this

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone nutty enough to try this

I am hoping to pull off a prank with 2 of my *ELECRTIC* powered RC cars at our local mall.... anyone been nutty enough to try driving their RC cars there.... and if so any issues to report ??? I am doubting i will have any real problems... main idea is to see how people would react to a car with a few action figures driving around in it.... heck if toy stores can have crap runnin all over their floors
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone nutty enough to try this

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LbTJGf76nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LbTJGf76nw[/link]
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 PM
HJJFFFAA

I'd do that. That looks awesome.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

that was an awsome video

that would be so much fun to do with a truck. i might have to go somewhere public and rc my brains out, ego feeding maybe, fun as heck? yes!

edit, just thought of a place, near my old high school, its almost exclusively an old person hive and they have signs that say no biking or skateboarding; nothing about rc though
Old 08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
calvino

Not that I am a smart alec at all but i have yet to see a sign at our mall saying "no rc cars" sure it says no bikes.... but i have learned most security people either dont mind as long as you arent causing a ruckus or they will kindly tell you to stop so as to not cause a ruckus as well. My biggest fear is radio issues to begin with But thats it.... anyone TRY it or am I new to this idea [&:]
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Gex_61

calvino could get a sponsorship from Cinnabon.[sm=idea.gif]
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Not sure if its a mall, but here is bud buds video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTW72dFdevA
Old 08-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Damo_MadTruck

That first video is awesome!!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM
The Mad Modder

My local mall is a perfect place to drive RCs. It's huge and has a lot of floor room. I'd actually rather have it converted to a RC racetrack than leave it as is. Most of the stores in it have closed and the ones still left(besides Sears) are womens clothing stores and cell phone shops. On weekends private seller set up kiosks and sell their crap(mostly trading cards and sports collectibles). It really sucks as is.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There use to be a hobby shop in one of the malls here and they use to run electric touring cars on a makeshift track inside the mall during the winter months. It was pretty fun on the slick floors. You where pretty much drifting the whole time.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Access

See if you can disguise your controller as something else, like a portable video game system. Don't stand out, mingle with the crowd and don't be obvious about what you're doing. Don't stand still, keep moving.

And be careful driving around people, a runaway monster truck (or many other RCs) can injure someone. Watch out for sources of interference, like the theft prevention antennas many stores have as you walk in and out, or any large metal structures / objects.

Another thought, if you are in the US, the American's with Disabilities act precludes most malls from outlawing electric mobility devices (ie. an electric wheelchair or mobility scooter) and you might be able to fudge the law enough that an RC meets the criterion. Normally a RC truck does not qualify as a vehicle since it does not transport cargo or passengers. But in your case you are transporting something with the vehicle (a doll or 'action figure') it would at least meet the criterion for a vehicle. So the next question to ask would be, is the RC capable of transporting a disabled person? Even a small child? Then it may qualify as an electric mobility device, or at minimum, a dual-use device that can either provide entertainment and/or personal transport. So it may fall under the protections of the act. Rather than an action figure, if you have a very young brother or sister who is up to it, maybe you could construct a specially modified vehicle for them to ride around on. If not, maybe you could construct something similar to Shawn Palmer's mambafied "barbie jeep" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD-nJS9gqp0). I don't know if that's exactly what you're after. If you can best Shawn's feat just be sure to make a video of the attempt. If you just want to do the action figure thing, I know there are disabled action figures (I remember seeing a barbie type doll in a wheelchair recently) but I doubt you could fudge the law that much. Just something to think about.

Whatever you do, please do make a video or have someone else make a video if it. I'm tired of hearing about these great things but never seeing any actual videos / pics, talk is just talk and a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
calvino

I do have a slight advantage... I was on crutches for 2 months due to an operation that involved cutting my leg bone... so if I make a trailer up... and say its for hauling around my "purchases" . I am definitely throwing in a failsafe on my Kyosho QRC (max speed, 10 MPH) so if anything goes wrong, bam its off. Axial I am not worried to much about since it is a lot slower, but I know what you mean. Make up a good excuse and yes I will get some video [8D]
Old 08-27-2009, 09:49 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

That would be awesome. The only thing you have to watch for now is someone will probably report you as a terrorist with a Radio Control Bomb.

You should put a naked Barbie and Ken on it and see what the people do.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Just hope you dont meet an officer like Baltimore police Salvatore Rivieri. Your thread just reminded of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FedlpshJb4c
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
On2_n_On4

lol @ officer Rivieri

I was watching that 1 and the other 2 videos of him just a few weeks ago.
that guy has some issues!

I bet he is just tired of wearing those shorts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]

Old 08-28-2009, 12:38 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Just hope you dont meet an officer like Baltimore police Salvatore Rivieri. Your thread just reminded of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FedlpshJb4c
Wowz.... someone has a short fuse [&:]... I dont see how a moving box is so "bad" gosh if anything its a good study in crowd psychology
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

lol @ officer Rivieri

I was watching that 1 and the other 2 videos of him just a few weeks ago.
that guy has some issues!

I bet he is just tired of wearing those shorts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]

LOL, "You got that camera on? If I find myself on youtu............".
Old 08-29-2009, 01:00 PM
TIGER76

^ ROFL at his small patrol car !!
Makes up for the size in attitude though personally i would of lamped him for grabbing me like LOL[:@]

"Call me dude one more time!!" oh i so wish i would of been there
Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 PM
calvino

its all i got but I did it . Very sorry I didnt get a vid though... to busy driving and keeping an eye out for people.... not to many reactions to film though [] Had a minor issue with security at the end but they were real nice and polite about it so all in all i did it.. all the old farts thought the car with the "people" was a crackup
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83166.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1265480  
Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
animalnut

Me my wife and friends would go to wal-mart at about 3:00am and run our electrics all through the place no one ever said a word ................ Now lets try the lst2 w/rd twin stinger pipe and sf.32 and see how that rolls over