Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

9/11 Rememberance

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9/11 Rememberance

Hi Everyone,

If you havent, say a prayer for all the people lost and their families on 9/11/01 and for all the soldiers that we have lost and that are fighting for our freedom and the war against terror.

We must never forget what happened that day.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
firebird78

Default RE: 9/11 Rememberance

its easy to get all caught up in our own lives......going to work everyday (if your fortunate to have a job in our economy) or going to school (if your lucky enuff to be a kid and have lil to no worries..lol)....then we have reminders that alot of people have lost loved ones, be it from 9-11 or from the war....and also those who have left their family and friends to go fight for our freedom (whether you believe in the war or not we have troops there laying IT ALL on the line)

with that said I do my best to say a prayer everyday for our troops and their loved ones..and I would like to give every single person that who has been or is currently in the armed forces a big thank you...regardless if you have been in a war or not, you were or are there ready to give everything you got for this country, and all of us in it....I dont think we as americans say thanks enuff and can NEVER say it to much...

Thanks again and god bless all of ya and your loved ones...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is all of our responsibility to never forget. Our freedom is not free.

We should all pray for the victims of 9/11 and those that have and are making the ultimate sacrifice for us. And whether we agree with them politically or not, we should all pray for our leaders and pray that they also seek God's wisdom as they lead our country.

Eddie and I were talking while we watched the most powerful show I have ever seen about 9/11. If you have not seen it, you should. [link=http://www.history.com/content/9-11]102 Minutes that Changed America[/link]

America's memory is often far too short. We must all do what we can to make sure we never forget and that our children never forget.

Never Forget
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Swamp3r

I still remember where and what I was doing that morning, I even remember the look and screams from the customer I was working for. That day is and probably will always be in my memories. God bless those who needlessly lost thier lives and the loved ones that have to live with that day forever. And my hat is off to those that had to deal with all the terrors of the whole situation, I can't imagine what they went through either.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
kuppler

i did a min of silents this morning just thinking about all the family's that lost someone that day. I was driving to work when i heard about it........ my heart sank. if you look around the USA people hate other people... Black on white... white on brown... and so on... but when someone messeswith the usa.. WE ALL pull together and support out troops and each other. its sad that something like that had to happen for everyone to pull together but we are all ONE!!!!!

by my work this is what i drove into work and saw..... so on my way home i had to take a pic...

so if you haven't take a min and just think think about how freely you live and just think of the familys that lost a love one that day.... even if its for a few Sec. if will always help....

Adam
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
firebird78

I will never forget were I was and what I was doing when I first found out what was happening...its on us to never forget, and to make sure others never forget also....
Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
ehroof

I was on a jobsite, it came over the radio about a plane hitting tower 1, i went out and saw the smoke, then saw the papers blowing thru the air, i called my wife and she had picked up Brendon, I had went home, picked up my wife and got Sammy out of school too. I can still smell that smell, it was the smell of an electrical fire mixed with a dust smell, we have some papers there were burnt in a plastic zip lock bag. I had known a few people who didnt make it, Sammy's teacher at the time brother had also not made it, James Coyle. One of my friends brother Timothy Stackpole also didnt make it. My friend and HVAC guy's brother Gregory Saucedo. It was a bad day but i will never forget how everyone had a US flag flying in front of their houses, on their cars and how there was a sense of unity for many months after the attacks. I am not very happy at the way things have been going for the past couple of years and the things that people say.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

It is way too easy to forget. Like Randy said, we just get caught up in our lives. I am sure the folks that lived through Pearl Harbor felt the same way years later after the war.

I watched that show with my 11 year old son. He was aware of 9/11, but really had no idea about it. He had a hard time understanding that what he was watching was real.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:54 AM
chevyderek72

Ive got so much respect for the men and women serving our country, im actually hoping to join pretty soon. But i have one of my real close friends in afganistan that just got hit with some shrapnel a few weeks ago, had to fly hit to germany for it. Thankfully he's ok, his base gets rocketed all the time, got hit fuel tanks when he was on leave. Nice to know people like you guys got him in your prayers, thanks guys.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 AM
jpilkinton

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the first word of it on the radio. I was at work, and my friend ran to his house and snatched up a tv and we watched.
I was sick to my stomach after watching first hand of the attacks. It was like someone just squeezed my stomach. People were actually jumping to their death out of the towers.
And when I first heard the song "Only Time" from the artist (I can't remember her name off hand), I was getting teary eyed. I still do when I hear the song because it reminds me of that day.
It was a very, very sad day for america.
But like the American Flag...... These Colors Don't Run.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:08 AM
firebeast

I remember where I was on that day. It was my freshman year of highschool. I was in Hutchinson, Kansas attending the state fair with my debate squad. we were there to watch the senior debaters match. The theme that year was weapons of mass destruction. We were in a fairly large building, and my debate coach was a fairly large man. He burst through the rear door of the building and yelled "THE WORLD TRADE CENTER'S BEEN HIT!". naturally everyone gasped, and when he finally made it to the stage he said that no one was sure what had happened or why, but they were locking down the state fair, and we were to continue the debate. As points were made about the deaths of many people by our defending squad, it was difficult for them to continue without tears. We actually had one of the senior girls run off stage, because she couldn't handle talking about it when such a national travesty had occurred. initially, the coach had been told the WTC had been hit by a missile or a massive bomb, but when it was said that an aircraft had hit it, we were ordered to leave the building, in the event someone attempt to put another through the state fair. we had air patrol for the rest of the fair, but in the days following, the turnout was very low. My hope and love goes out to all who defend us.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:12 PM
rclynx

I was in total disbelief when one of the contractors around the shop area said that a plane hit one of the towers in NY, My first thought was how could anybody be so stupid and ran upstairs to my little apartment in my shop and turned on the TV and not even a few seconds after the second plane hit or they started showing the replays. I could not believe it and within a few minutes there were 12 guy in my little room with there mouths hanging open. I couldn't even work the rest of the day. Its sad how people forget how much in lives it has taken to keep this USA in tack besides 911. Since the 911 happened I have celebrated every holiday the way they were intended rather than just another day off. I now find myself praying that someone or something will stop the SOB in the white house from causing harm to thousands of others in this world and destroying the USA. It used to be God save the queen now its GOD SAVE OUR USA / God bless all those who have died for so little reason such as 911 that should have never happened. Whether or not you know it the only ones we have to thank for that happening is our wonderful government that has been cutting back on every form of protection for the last 30 years so they have more money to blow on things that don't mean a rats behind. No I wouldn't blame just one person like that idiot Bush because it was all of them all the way back to Eisenhower. So when you take your position to pray, pray for all of us because the last 10 months our protection system has been torn apart almost completely by our government and leader.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM
daddyduck
My Feedback: (-1)

i was driving taxi part time off my navy job in yokosuka japan. i got home from work. and turned on the tv i thought at first it was a preview to the arnold swartsawatchets "collateral damage". and then all of the sudden the second plane hit. the japanese guy said"this cannot be an accident" and then my body shook. i went straight to bed. my wife knew what was goin to happen. then the phone call came. i was the backup security force for the base and they called us in. we where awake and standing gaurd for 5 days no sleep. i almost went crazy off of coffee and energy drinks. after that they had us 18 hours on 6 off. alot of guys lived to far away and they needed sleep more then go home to there family's so my wife took care of 6 stinky sailors and sumariners for 4solid 7day work weeks. the house stank. my wife was so patient with us. the other guys wifes would come and drop off fresh clothes and food to help my wife with me and the guys. i still remember how every american no matter where they where did the same thing we stayed strong supportted each other and got thru this situation. i think of what happened everyday. before the navy and when i am on ships i am a firefighter. that is my job. and i greave for those firefighters and policeman and rescue personnel that went into those buildings "knowing to an engineers point of view" coming down. for all the new yorkers the wounds that this has made in youre lives may never heal. my family prays for all of you.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Redharris

I was just heading out the Door for Work when I saw the News Flash on the Traffic report......
I may be Naive, but it took me a Few minutes to realize that it was an Attack and not simply some Terrible accident.
Once I realized what was happening, my first reaction was Anger, and my first thought was, "Those *******s have awoken a sleeping Tiger!"
I went home that day and loaded all my guns, thinking that any Terrorist that did not perish in an attack would never make it out of this Country alive.....

I remember the People of NYC.
I remember the people at the Pentagon.
I remember the people of Flight 93, who crashed in Pennsylvania.

I will not forget.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Kodiac400

I remember 9/11 very well. I have alot of respect for the ones that lost there lives during the 911 attack. And have extreme respect for all the soldiers that signed up to go and fight for freedom. They are true Hero's