Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Matrix 5 5th scale 4wd Gas power!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Matrix 5 5th scale 4wd Gas power!!!

ORIGINAL: Clymer122693

So if CEN can back their claims, does that mean you guys have a X-dyno sheet to show that the genesis engine puts out 5hp?
Please can we stick to the product in question, that truck was from a previous generation, let's give CEN the benefit of the doubt.

Andrew, I'm glad to hear that it hauls and jumps well, love that 4wd. How's the airborne attitude control? Gonna post up some vid soon?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Andrew Smolnik

Lars from Norway,

The relevence was in the ''Claimed Speed of a CEN Product''. Had nothing to do with how the vehicle is powered. But I understand your point. P.S. Metallica rules!
I understand AND totally agree here!Hail the four horsemen
Old 10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Clymer122693

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Well, Cenchain should adopt the X-Dyno as it is engineered, (designed and calculated) to read off as true of HP as possible. It is designed and sold by a licensed professional engineer and he even designed it to use an SAE correction station.

Talk to Cenchain Corp. Office and urge them to start using X-Dyno; more and more people in the RC industry are starting to use it, and not just some manufacturers, even well known and reputable professional engine modders back their work with X-Dyno.

Ed Bridges being one of them. EB used to use a different dyno when he wrote engine reviews for RC Driver, but when he went on his own into the professional nitro engine modding business, he bought an X-Dyno an began using that.
Other companies that I can think of that have tested their engines on X-Dyno are Axial, Trinity, and others that slip my mind.

When it comes down to it, a horespower is a fixed unit for measuring. That means a fixed amount force must must be applied for a fixed amount of distance over a fixed amount of time.
And for X-Dyno, I believe the HP unit they use is whatever the SAE HP is, mechanical HP, which is what should be used.

Other dynos could purposefully measure the wrong HP, like the german HP (what is called PF) or a metric HP, which are incorrect.
X-Dyno measures and reports the correct SAE HP taht we are familiar with. And it corrects for them too. Other dynos sometimes downright lie because the maker of the dyno and/or the operator of the dyno want to report a false HP amd make everyone think they mean SAE HP when it measures the wrong kind or it simply does not measure correctly because the design was purposefully flayed to inflate the numbers.

This is why so many of us say to have the engin tested on X-Dyno. And Nitrodyn actually has a database of nitro engines tested on one dyno, X-Dyno, so as to rule out these wrong or purposefullly misleading outputs of other dynos.

Thanks for explaining it so I dont have to! AB mods also uses the X-dyno.

If CEN used a x-dyno setup they would be taken alot more seriously as a racer and basher company and would most likely profit more, you cant get anymore accurate then the x-dyno IMO.

Sorry about the thread jack Foxy and OP.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
auto2

[quote]ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yeh, to be honest, I already have some minor issues with the advertising...

A 30cc engine is for low end...so how does it do 50mph?

ok i have to comment on this. the size of and engine means nothing as to what its rpm range may be.
bore and stroke and port timing is more what you want to look at.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Hey guys! The Matrix 5 will be arriving mid to late November. We are accepting pre-orders via shop-a-tron at this time! Reserve yours today!

Here is the link; http://www.shopatron.com/products/ca....66129.0.0.0.0