Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help me I.D. these old cars Please ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me I.D. these old cars Please ?

i have no idea what these are ... the 4WD shaft driven car is a associated TC3 or 4 ? i think ? .

there are lots of motors , 5 controllers (very old futaba) and two tubs of related stuff .

the small car at the end says "bolink wind tunnel tested" but i couldn't find anything on it .

thanks for the help !

Dan

this is the one that says Bolink"

this is the TC3 or 4 ?

any idea what these are ?

there are a bunch of hand painted bodies , even most of the stickers are hand painted !

thanks !!

Dan
Old 10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Dan M

Default RE: Help me I.D. these old cars Please ?

some pics of about half the motors and the futaba controllers , some of the engines came with the newer tc3-4 ? "lot" most came from the pan car lot .

Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
tolofrhr

The first one is a Bolink Legends. Neat little bashers. The 4wd is an Associated tc3. The pan cars are I believe Associated 10 L's. The first one looks to have an oval conversion. The second one looks to be pretty stock. Don't know what you paid for the deal but you got some nice vintage stuff. Most of the radios look to be from the late eighties or early nineties.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:03 PM
OvalRacer99

ORIGINAL: tolofrhr

The first one is a Bolink Legends. Neat little bashers. The 4wd is an Associated tc3. The pan cars are I believe Associated 10 L's. The first one looks to have an oval conversion. The second one looks to be pretty stock. Don't know what you paid for the deal but you got some nice vintage stuff. Most of the radios look to be from the late eighties or early nineties.

I will agree with the first 2, a bolink legends and an Associated TC3, but that second one is not from TeamAssociated as all 10L cars had a t bar rear pod on them and this is a link set up.(The only 10th scale Associated car with that kind of rear pod is the 10R5) I am going to guess that it is from Trinity, just from looking at the front end set up. That other is an associated 12L with a sway bar set up added.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Dan M

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

ORIGINAL: tolofrhr

I will agree with the first 2, a bolink legends and an Associated TC3, but that second one is not from Team Associated as all 10L cars had a t bar rear pod on them and this is a link set up.(The only 10th scale Associated car with that kind of rear pod is the 10R5) I am going to guess that it is from Trinity, just from looking at the front end set up. That other is an associated 12L with a sway bar set up added.

thanks !

so far the first one is a bolink legends or a digger ?

the TC3

an associated 12L with sway bar .

an unknow trinity or maybe bolink ?

i was hoping to keep the TC3 out of the two lots and a good radio , then sell the old stuff to cover it

thanks for the help !

Dan
Old 10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
tamiyafan4ever

Looking at the motors brought back some memories, mainly after seeing the "Twister" motor. Back in 1990 or so Twister made the best damn motor's available, everybody that raced in LaGrande Oregon ran Twister's. The "Scorpion" stock motor was unbeatable on small tracks, it was so punchy and fast at the same time. I ran a "Scorpion" in a Tamiya Lunchbox and it was unreal fun, wheelies forever and gravel throwing like you would not believe. Enjoy all your vintage stuff and do not toss anything, you never know what you could salvage.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
powerslider

Pic 7,8,9 are of a modified Trinity EV10ss. The rear pod has been changed from the smaller oval unit to the larger road course unit, it also has been converted to left side drive and the original 3 shock setup to tune the pod has been replaced by a larger single shock and swaybar.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Dan M

ORIGINAL: powerslider

Pic 7,8,9 are of a modified Trinity EV10ss. The rear pod has been changed from the smaller oval unit to the larger road course unit, it also has been converted to left side drive and the original 3 shock setup to tune the pod has been replaced by a larger single shock and swaybar.

The car after this is a 10L

Nice !

EV10ss ~! your right i think , the photos look right on Google images ! either one of them have any value ?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
powerslider

The value of the EV10ss is probably minimal due to it being cut up and not original and the rust doesn't help, it just looks rough. I have 3 EV10's, 2 oval (SS) versions and the road coarse version that I carpet raced for a few years. Very capable cars in their day, remember Joel Johnson?

The Associated car is a 12L not 10L as I previously mistakenly posted.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I would agree, AE RC12L but it looks to be converted in the front and rear unless it is a later version than I have as far as the front.
The rear still has the post for the t-plate suspention but has a shock mounted instead.
Here's some pics of my RC12L.