Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Where to get corrugated tube for track?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Where to get corrugated tube for track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 PM
TurboBimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get corrugated tube for track?

Hey guys,

where is a good source to get 4" inch corrugated tube for the track, it's for our 1/8 gas powered buggys mainly. I'm trying to find places with good prices and can't find.

In USA of corse.

Thanks for any tip!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Druss

Default RE: Where to get corrugated tube for track?

try a water pipe supply company. or even general construction supply will sometimes carry them.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
TurboBimmer

I called some companies locally that could carry this kind of tube, even distributors, but all I can get is 3" and we need 4" actually. The only one that could have perhaps id the telephone company, but it must be impossible to get that thing from them, therefore, trying to locate a suppplier in the U.S. an dimport it if it's necesary.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Chris_RC

[link]http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=24139-124-HDPFI040100&lpage=none[/link]
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM
kzimmerman

Any large home supply place in the us should carry it. 84 lumber, home depot, lowes, ace hardware, they all carry it in 100', 50', and 25 ' rolls, and 10' pieces. Got mine from lowes.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
TurboBimmer

Thanks guys! Lowes doesn't show prices dammit! [:@] I will keep searching.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 AM
tommygun32

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...il=&lpage=none

In the 'zip code' field, type in 92105. The closest one will come up as Mission Valley. Drop that menu down and select Santee.

Last time i checked (about 6 months ago) at a LOWE's in San Diego was about $32 for 100' roll. The price has gone up now to $45.57 for a 100' role.

Now to ship this to Lima, Peru.....OUCH!![:@] That's what's going to cost you. I was looking at the cost one time to purchase in the States and ship to Dubai. I needed 800 linear meters or about 2400 feet. That, with the new price, now equals $ 10,936 alone. That doesn't include local sales tax, packing and freight forwarding, loading and shipping, and then duty charges in your country. In addition, this stuff doesn't flat pack too well and the amount i needed would have probably filled an entire 40' container.

You'll be better off getting local made straight run PVC pipe and then use whatever flexible kind of barrier you can find for the corners. I've seen old go kart tires used as well for barriers. You could also go to a tire recycling center and get a couple of truck loads of normal / standard small road tires. Then burry them about 2/3 of the way into the ground so only the top 1/3 is showing. A lot of work, I know.

Another idea that I came up with here, there's a type of indutrial water hose that is flexible and rolls up flat. About 4" or so diameter when filled. Get rolls of this and close off one end. Now just start filling it up with sand or water. Place the hose where you want it first before filling it, as it will be too heave to move afterwards.

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 AM
hands without shadows

If you need a large quantity call your local Farm Tilage company. Explain to them that you want to purchase X feet of 4" drain tile and you may need delivery but you dont need it installed. You should be able to find a Tilage company locally.

Rolls come in 100' lengths and they are quite big. http://www.midwayrentalsandsales.com...ges/filter.gif
If you can fit one in a pickup truck bed you wont be able to fit two, hence delivery.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
TurboBimmer

Thanks guys! Seems I will have to check locally for this pipe then, and TommyGun32 it's right, I will need a full container to bring that stuff over here wich is pretty damn expensive! I'm going to cehck with some fisher companies and farm companies to see if they carry any type of 4" flex pipe that could work. Already hard to find, but not impossible.

We shall see what it ends.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 AM
tommygun32

Keep us updated and good luck TurboBimmer.