Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

himoto "RACING" thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default himoto "RACING" thread

ok folks.....I talked about making this thread..was gonna wait but decided to go ahead....

this is for those who race to post their progress and what not....but is also for those intrested in racing to get tips and stuff from those that do....maybe this will be the go to place for racing info, so people dont have to search from thread to thread

my hope is more of us will catch the bug and go have some fun...I will say if you are somewhat intrested in racing, but not sure if your good enuff.. there is no way of knowing other then biting the bullet and trying....

Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 PM
firebird78

Default RE: himoto

ok...even though I dont know if I will actually be able to race it ( may get to run it with EDM's)...my plan is to make my rapida into a late model (not sure if you can put a single speed in a taipan. and already have a rapida..lol).....I'm thinking that the stock tires may do pretty decent on a good dirt oval track...so just mounting some on some dish wheels, throwing a single speed tranny in it.. and adding the body will get me the basics....granted engine, pipe and servos will also be added.....

here is were I'm at...I pretty much have the game plan...I'm going to go with a rear exhaust engine (not positive which one yet) and a good pipe that'll work....its my thinkin that the stock steering servos for the 1/8th buggies will handle the job of steering and throttle nicely (helps I have spares...lol)....were I am locked right now is the body...I dont know which one.....so I thought I'd see what yall thought....(for those that dont know, the bodies will be clear)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57695.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1296495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88622.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1296496   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28371.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1296497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18581.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1296498  
Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what exactly Are you trying to make? A stock car?
Sounds good tho!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 PM
firebird78

a late model is a stock car...they race on dirt oval tracks..
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM
firebird78

ok....last race of the season (buggy anyway, unless I make a trip to Enid OK [X(])....get there and the track has standing water on it...some of us guys get it raceable...first heat went so so...second heat went good..I thought I was doing well.....main...not so good...freakin clutchbell bearing went out....man the luck I've had the last 2 races....the really sorry thing is I had a set of bearings but couldnt get the freakin screw outta the crank (striped)...

anyways it was a blast...I took my mtr-3 to the track and was letting people run it...servo or something went hairwire, no brakes (couldnt be cause I flipped it into a soggy muddy mess could it??..lol)....but it didnt stop them from running it...lol
Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Swamp3r

Aliens lol
Old 10-17-2009, 07:43 PM
firebird78

maybe you did send em up here....I'm sendin em back....I can tell you miss em...lol
Old 10-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Swamp3r

Hahaha not on your life you keep em
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
daddyduck
My Feedback: (-1)

MAN I AM DYING TO GET A LATE MODEL.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: daddyduck

MAN I AM DYING TO GET A LATE MODEL.

they look freakin kewl...STILL not sure I will be able to race it....I think my rapida looks kewl with the firebird body, but them late models look wicked...might have to get me another onroader to stick the firebird body on...lol
Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
firebird78

well its confirmed....lost the rear bearing on the clutchbell (the front doesnt sound to good either now lol)....what torqs me is I take it to the shop...and within 1 min I have the screw out...buggies were on and off the track during the main (8 buggies started 3 finished)...I went off within 5 min...had everything to fix it...just couldnt get that blasted screw out....eeeeerggg [:@][:@][:@][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
firebird78

ok I'm getting stoked for next yr racing in wichita...may have 2 other guys making the trip with me.. and may be building a practice track....

might make a few trips down to enid ok. during the winter to race indoors....they race on friday I guess..all depends if I can leave work early enuff to get down there
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
ehroof

sounding good Randy, keep us up to date bro
Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM
firebird78

couldnt take it anymore....I drove to Enid Oklahoma last night to race indoors (400 mile round trip)....

their website says the shop opens at 4 pm. so i thought I'd take a half vacation day and go practice some (havent ran in a month or 3..lol).... get down there and once I found the place I see nobody is there...they didnt start showing up till 6:30...anyways I go to put my buggy on my box and run a lil before the races start...wouldnt start...then my box quit...thats when I looked down at the cables and realized I was in a hurry and all excited and hooked them up backwards...well my box is now fried...so I think I'm done...luckily some the Wichita guys I race with made the trip and was able to use one of their box...

first heat I didnt do to good....second heat I got first (granted I'm the only one that finished..lol, everyone else broke)...I did well enuff in the 2nd heat (time wise) to get bumped into the 3rd heat with the fast buggies...while I was running the 2nd I ould hear a loud thud when landing...so I thought I broke a shock or something, so I was taking it easy so I could finish...ended up being it was my transponder..the mount broke......3rd heat I landed the triple bad and a lower front hinge pin came out (how I dont know, nothing is broke)...got it put back in and raced the main....started doing real well with about 3 min. left...one the faster buggies was bumping me quite a bit earlier in the race, i remembered it and caught him in an oppratune time and sent him straight into a poll .....at the last he couldnt pass me...he held back waiting for me to mess up but I held my line pretty good.....

I came out 5th...I'll take it beings my first time on that track, and also alot of the guys are sponsored...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:57 PM
kuppler

Congrats randy..... 5th place isnt bad for a 1st time on that track.... but 400 miles round trip has got to hurt.... you on the city board right ??? get a track made in your town....
Old 12-12-2009, 06:33 PM
ehroof

great randy, sorry to hear about the box, if its the himoto one, i can get replacement motors for them. 
Old 12-12-2009, 07:09 PM
firebird78

yeah Eddie it was my himoto box...turned quite a bit with reverse polarity ..lol.....did forget to mention I did put the 13t clutchbell on my buggy....wow how 1 tooth makes a difference....once again it was like driving a completly diff. buggy... I know have quite a bit of snap outta the hole,not as much as I am looking for but I think a pipe would fix that (I'm runnin a midrange)...I will buy a torque pipe before the track in Wichita opens back up and do some testing, I had a pretty good snap but it was smooth on up...I may have just what I need for next season already.........

the straight wasnt that long in Enid...made a few people look at the track when I first started running tho....I diff didnt have the slowest buggy down the straight....I actually carried to much speed at the turn and hit the triple way off the line up and jumped plum off the track a couple times, hit a poll in mid air doing that once..lol....I beat the living tar outta it last night and it held up...
Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Redharris

Niice Randy.......
Glad to see you are finding a way to Race in the Dead of Winter!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
rclynx

You and Adam staying dry down there Rich ................ raining like hell up here ............. I need one of those little Helli's but Eddie ran out [][]
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM
ehroof

They should be here on Monday, shipping companies are lagging really bad.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM
firebird78

I'dda sold ya one of mine John but I dont have anymore....I ordered myself a black one but someone wanted it...so I have to get me another one...lol
Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
firebird78

starter box fixed.....burned up the switch....put a new toggle switch in it and back in business
Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 PM
ehroof

Nice!!  Happy to hear it was an easy fix.