Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What would you do with an extra 21.5 motor?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What would you do with an extra 21.5 motor?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you do with an extra 21.5 motor?

Well, I jumped the gun and bought the wrong motor for a class I'm racing over the winter, before we had the rules settled on. So now I have a brand-spanking-new Team Epic Duo 2 21.5 motor sitting in my pitbox. I'm thinking I could either sell it, or put it to use in something 'different'. I just sold two of my basher cars, so now I have only race cars and a Mini Slash to bash around with(not exactly true, I have a Frog, but it's got transmission issues I need to fix and I don't think that tranny would handle this motor too well anymore). I'm thinking maybe something like a Hornet or a DF-02, a "cheap" crawler of some type, or maybe something totally different and go for an RJ Speed (nee Bolink) Digger. What sayeth thou, folks? Obviously, top speed is not a priority with this motor.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:10 AM
teacher brent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you do with an extra 21.5 motor?

I really want a digger, can't get one here and don't wanna pay shipping from the states though. I'd love to hear about one though. Pictures too
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
BigTb17

Well, since you asked. I would consider an HPI Cup Racer. Looks like a fun little car, and with the right gearing that motor would probably be a decent match.

If you wanted to get a little speed out of that motor you could pick up a Mamba Max Pro and run it on 3 or more cells.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
BuzzBomber

Those cup racers look like cool little cars, just a little $$$ for what they are. I was thinking more like E10 budget. I'm not going to go hog wild buying 3S packs and a new ESC just to use this motor, I figured I'd just work with what I've got and put it in a new chassis(swapping ESCs back and forth is no big deal), or, just sell it if I can't find anything interesting. I wonder how the HPI formula car would work as an asphalt basher? I know it's a pan car, but it appears to be oriented toward entry-level buyers who wouldn't know better than to run in a parking lot.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

Those cup racers look like cool little cars, just a little $$$ for what they are. I was thinking more like E10 budget. I'm not going to go hog wild buying 3S packs and a new ESC just to use this motor, I figured I'd just work with what I've got and put it in a new chassis(swapping ESCs back and forth is no big deal), or, just sell it if I can't find anything interesting. I wonder how the HPI formula car would work as an asphalt basher? I know it's a pan car, but it appears to be oriented toward entry-level buyers who wouldn't know better than to run in a parking lot.
I know what you mean. I haven't pulled the trigger on a cup racer either. Also, I was just throwing out the higher cell count option in case you were thinking it wouldn't be fast enough for anything.

I've heard the Tamiya M chassis cars are very fun little parking lot bashers. I would imagine they can handle a bit of parking lot rough stuff too, because I saw a video on-line where they were being raced on an off-road, rally type course (fairly smooth, but still worse than just about any parking lot, it even had a few small jumps). They are definitely a lot cheaper too. I've seriously though about getting a rear wheel drive version to mess around with.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
BuzzBomber

Hey, that's a thought - I forgot about those. I think there's a new version out, too. M05?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
OvalRacer99

If it's still new and unused, you might consider selling it. The pan car guys run those on the ovals with a 2 cell lipo.