Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What have you been doing lately? (RC)

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What have you been doing lately? (RC)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What have you been doing lately? (RC)

What have you been up to lately in the world of RC? I did a decent amout of rc during the IHobby expo, ran a few different things, been a while since I ran anything else.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 PM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What have you been doing lately? (RC)

I waterproofed (except for the servo) the MXT-2s this afternoon and took it out into the muddy-ish yard for a bit. That's about it......eyeballing the Associated SC10 Kit
Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
kuppler

been messing with the MegaE XB10.... making sure its rdy for the track. Will be going tomor after work....
Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Ran rapida pro on sunday and sat. Made a vid need some footge from my friends camera so i can add my car goin through a puddle at 60!! Looks awesome. Check it out once i finish it.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

I've been focused on two things - Jack and *****! No time for RC the last couple months. Seems like I have those times pretty regular when I can't find the time to run. Oh well.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Indarican

I have been trying to find work and just running my truck here and there.Im back now and so glad of it!Ed how's it been bro? I finally got the $ to put the O.S.18 engine in my truck.I would really like to put a 2speed tranny in it now.All my parts are now officially Himoto and Redcat,it was an Exceed Infinity( thanks for everything Ed!!!)I really want to get the Corr truck, now that I have the money for it. Ed, Ill probably start asking you some questions about that.I hope you are ready for the bugging...lol..I have changed my status.Im no longer a newbie I've graduated to Intermediate now..lol..Tearin the truck apart and making mods helped in that area.To Ed and many others I thank you guys for all the help in the past and I am looking forward to some new to toys to ask plenty of questions about.I now can run my truck as much as I want and can do what I like in my free time..Wife permitting...lol..So heres to stable work and some spending money on something I really love to do and heres to the new truck I hope to get very soon in the furure..Take care all and thanks for all the assist last season before the break I was forced to take.I really am excited to be able to enjoy the wonderful world of R/Cing again and racing my friends with my little mutt.The Green Mule is running well the O.S engine, and my friends are suprised in the difference in my speed and all around performance of the truck.I really have been enjoying bashing the truck now anytime I like. Indarican
Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Indarican

I have been trying to find work and just running my truck here and there.Im back now and so glad of it!Ed how's it been bro? I finally got the $ to put the O.S.18 engine in my truck.I would really like to put a 2speed tranny in it now.All my parts are now officially Himoto and Redcat,it was an Exceed Infinity( thanks for everything Ed!!!)I really want to get the Corr truck, now that I have the money for it. Ed, Ill probably start asking you some questions about that.I hope you are ready for the bugging...lol..I have changed my status.Im no longer a newbie I've graduated to Intermediate now..lol..Tearin the truck apart and making mods helped in that area.To Ed and many others I thank you guys for all the help in the past and I am looking forward to some new to toys to ask plenty of questions about.I now can run my truck as much as I want and can do what I like in my free time..Wife permitting...lol..So heres to stable work and some spending money on something I really love to do and heres to the new truck I hope to get very soon in the furure..Take care all and thanks for all the assist last season before the break I was forced to take.I really am excited to be able to enjoy the wonderful world of R/Cing again and racing my friends with my little mutt.The Green Mule is running well the O.S engine, and my friends are suprised in the difference in my speed and all around performance of the truck.I really have been enjoying bashing the truck now anytime I like. Indarican
Great bro, glad you are back and having fun. Igot your pm but will answer you here since its basically the same questions. The corr truck will be available within the next 60 days, i will get all the specs together and post them and email them to you, its a nice truck, very quick with the .21 engine, we wont be carrying the lite version just the pro version. Comes with pb suspension, .21 sh engine, handles great and very quick, i have some video's on youtube of the truck. I am glad we were able to help me, makes me happy to know what i had an influence on someone in the hobby to help them and keep them in it. Keep on RC'ing and let us know how your making out with your truck with some pictures and video's.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
ehroof

oh, the 2 speed will fit in the truck you have,  you will need to change the clutch bell also with the transmission, its basically all a direct fit.  I prefer the single speed but with the os engine you should be able to get more out of the 2 speed.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Indarican

Ed you are the man!!!!!!! Thanks Bro..I have seen that Exceed has the 1/8th but I really dont want to deal with them bro! I thought about ordering the .28SH the same time I order the Corry.Go big or go home...lol.. Will it fit? Thats what I really want to know at this moment.From what I have read it should fit.I am alll about stock but I got the $ and want to put the .28SH in it.I feel the need ,the need for speed!Thanks again Ed,This is the main reason why I like dealing with you.Thanks for the help..By the way..GO..RAVENS!!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:37 PM
ehroof

It will fit but you really dont need it, here is the video of it from my testing of it during the summer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXAvYZHHZs[/youtube]
Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Indarican

Ed Bro I gotta get that truck!!! It looks great and looks like it runs like a champ!I was gonna get the Slayer but????? even thought about associated Ya know? Im onboard for ya. You need to start raggin on certain people so I can get it sooner..lol.. The sooner the better for me. The price for once is not an option..lol..The video was great Id like to see ya run one against a Slar..Just to prove ya got the goods!I was just talking to a guy outside of D.C. and he said you're where Traxxas was at about 10 yrs ago.He complimented you guys awesomely!!! He said it wouldnt be long before he was selling your trucks and parts..Kudos to you for putting great stuff out there for the every man! What kinda upgrades will be offered for it?Or does it really need any? Thanks again ...Keith
Old 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
ehroof

I own a slayer and the slayer doesnt hold a candle to it, if you sneeze the slayer will roll on you, the rst will outhandle it, about the same in the speed and top end part. We will have all the upgrades like billet alluminum like we do for the rxt and rxb series, carbon fiber also.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
ehroof

here is a vid from i hobby 2009 of the rst

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxMWY_t05lQ[/youtube]

and the upcoming 1/16 brushless, this is with a 7.2v nihm:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJTLu0DXVo[/youtube]

and the 1/8 brushless with a 9.6 3600mah nimh:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtT_K8UPGs[/youtube]
Old 11-05-2009, 03:17 PM
daddyduck
My Feedback: (-1)

well i am out to see and i miss my family so much. here is a news article of what we are doing, <http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article%3FAID%3D/20091103/GJNEWS_01/711039826&ct=ga&cd=jLKqS8qt0Fo&usg=AFQjCNEx_k6Z8NkwudZy8x3zINcBAnHk4Q>

i have a 1/16th scale late model onboard with me. so when i get time i can play with it. my friend travis( my pitman) has all my nitro's my 2 savages, rxb-1, 1/8 sprint, turmoil, and xut racing truggy. he is gonna do some mods and engine work for me. my father is gonna be in virginia when i get home. avent seen him in 3 years. so all the rc's will be ready to get bashed. my dadwill love playin with these toys.
catcha guys later. and i cant wait to get back in december and race!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
ehroof

Send me a text if and when you get a chance bro.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
daddyduck
My Feedback: (-1)

my email is [email protected]

everybody write. it gets lonely out here
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Sgt.Jonny

I am thinking of gettin a new nitro. Goin with the losi ten-t this time probably. i have been reading about the losi ten-t. So far so good. I watched a video of horizon hobby interviewing a losi rep about it at Ihobby and he said you did not need to break in the engine. I have also read the manual and there is nothing about breaking in. If i get one do i need to break it in or not? Eddie did you see this at Ihobby?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
ehroof

I didnt get much of a chance to walk around but i havent heard of a non ringed nitro engine that does not need to be broken in.  Anything is possible though.  Losi make a good product so i dont think you could go wrong.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Sgt.Jonny

I really am like drooling over the r.o.s.s and the spektrum. Amazing features. Man I wish eddie you were the owner of himoto and took the company in a different direction. Like not resale or HSP but like all like amazing vehicle's. I love my rapida, don't get me wrong but i would love for himoto to add things like nice radios and stuff to top it off. I know hpi doesn't even do that tho..
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
ehroof

all of our new models will have 2.4 radio's,  did you see the new stuff from i hobby?  Full metal comp. crawler, brushless corr and 1/8 buggy, the original rxb and rxt.  Electric starts and stuff are more of a gimmick to attract people, most people will remove them in time and either use a bump start or pullstart.  We have the taipan, different setup and suspension then the rapida, the xb and mt 10 our ours, the new stuff is ours also.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: Sgt.Jonny

I really am like drooling over the r.o.s.s and the spektrum. Amazing features. Man I wish eddie you were the owner of himoto and took the company in a different direction. Like not resale or HSP but like all like amazing vehicle's. I love my rapida, don't get me wrong but i would love for himoto to add things like nice radios and stuff to top it off. I know hpi doesn't even do that tho..

Jonny....in the short period of time I've been in the hobby himoto has been making big strides....as far as hsp goes I can bet they make parts for some of the big names....I'm betting most rc stuff is made in china (just like everything else)..this is why the hobby has become alot more less expensive...the upgrades himoto offers for the rxb and rxt are actually upgrades....they are making their products out of way better material.....I own older model himoto and current model...the quality is night and day....himoto is making a statement...notice the what would you like to see himoto come out with thread...they want to know what us the users think....that is asking for our input of what would make them even better....

I forsee a very interesting year next yr....not sure about the rest but I think the 1/8ths will have alot of new and improved models and or parts.....one thing I do hope is that the new 2.4ghz radio is a quality unit and it is placed in every 1/8th rtr box....this would make it a huge selling point.....maybe not this yr but later on I bet you will start seeing pro race kits....buckle up I bet its coming...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Sgt.Jonny

I know, you are making it alot bettter. It's gettin there! Good job!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Ya, I think himoto's great. It's just im a complete techie. I love technology and gadgets. Right now himoto does not have an rc that has a balance for tech and rc stuff. That's why when i saw the ten t i wuz like cool! Telemetry, ross, spektrum 2.4. 3.4cc nitro engine, 2 speed, all the works. I was like wow, takes it up a notch. I think himoto should offer a higher priced nitro that comes with all the works. Like for someone who wants all the pro items engines parts and radios, top of the line. It would be great to see that. Ima see how this goes. Don't think im ready for racing yet but, I love nitros and you all are the best. At support
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
firebird78

I hear ya...I have a spektrum dx3s I use on my rxb...so far I love it....being able to see what my hump pack charge is is great...my temp feature is really close so I know how hot my engine is getting just by looking at my radio...diff has its perks...I've heard the first ones had issues but the new ones are good...thats why I bought mine through amain because they move alot of product...I bought a dx2.0 that was pulled from a rtr on fleabay and it was junk...so I'm leary about the ones that come with the rtr's.

as far as offering all the high end stuff on a himoto....that would be great, but would drive the price up really fast...I mean personally if they offered the rxb-2 when it comes out with all their upgrades, ace servos, quality 2.4ghz radio and a go tech .21 gxs7 and a starter box I would most likely buy it...but it would be a $700+ buggy....and say another person didnt want or already had the engine, servos, radio and or box...they would just have to keep them or try to sell them...or say they like hitech servos...they would have to pull the ace servos to put the ace servos on....its never ending
Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 AM
firebird78

this is why companies offer pro kits and race rollers.... this way people can either put their engine and electronics they already have or they prefer on it.....like a losi 2.0 rtr comes with a dx3s, the stock engine is a decent engine but is a sport engine, its not a pro kit with all the electronics and engine, it has a 6061 chassis, plastic chassis supports, plastic shock caps etc etc ...were the pro kit has 7075 chassis, better towers, aluim chassis supports etc etc...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.