Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

PayPal payment on hold???

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PayPal payment on hold???

Just sold a RC on ebay and this guy wants local pickup so I sent him the invoice without the shipping charge. He just paid 5 minutes ago but the payment is on hold!

says:

As part of our ongoing effort to make PayPal an even safer place for you and your customers to do business, this payment will be on hold for 21 days until we're sure that your customer is satisfied with their purchase. We do this to ensure you have money in your account in the event your customer asks for a refund. If you ship immediately, the hold may be lifted sooner.

I'm meeting him on Saturday night, but because it's not shipping so I don't have anything to proof that the item has arrived or he has actually gotten the item.

I'm scared that when I give him the truck on Saturday that he will file a unreceived item against me! Then I would have nothing to proof that I gave him the item already.

What should I do??

Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PayPal payment on hold???

You should go to Office Max or Office Depot and buy a cheap small receipt book. Have him sign it and give him the carbon copy and keep the original. That way you have proof of delivery.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 PM
MiamizFinest

if ur doing local pick up why did u take a paypal payment anyways????? local pick up = local payment!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

if ur doing local pick up why did u take a paypal payment anyways????? local pick up = local payment!!
and no paypal fee's
Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it actually say that on the paypal site, or just in an e-mail from paypal.  Seems kind of weird that they would do something like this.  I would check the actual paypal site to make sure that he actually sent the payment (seems like a scam to me)
Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 PM
hicch2

PayPal made some changes not to long ago to prevent newer sellers from running away with the cash and not deliver the goods. (PayPal Hold Policy) . If i was you, i would hold off on giving the truck until you get your money because once they get the merchandise, they can give file a claims report that they never received it. Also did you mention on the auction that you included local pickup? If not, then it would make things alot worse for you in the long run if you did a local pickup.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hicch2

PayPal made some changes not to long ago to prevent newer sellers from running away with the cash and not deliver the goods. (PayPal Hold Policy) . If i was you, i would hold off on giving the truck until you get your money because once they get the merchandise, they can give file a claims report that they never received it. Also did you mention on the auction that you included local pickup? If not, then it would make things alot worse for you in the long run if you did a local pickup.
new? I remember something like that years ago when I started selling on paypal. Think it was the 1st few transactions were held, and if you account has alot of issues with claims they hold it also.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 PM
samguan

my plan is we will meet somewhere with internet access and let him see the truck first, then tell him to clear the payment and leave me a good feedback. Then I will give him the truck.

Or I will see tmr maybe I should ask him for cash and refund the payment that is on hold
Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
hicch2

The refund/cash option sounds like the better plan. You wont be hounded by eBay/PayPal if the deal goes down south plus it will save you money on the damn fees. The problem with the 1st plan is that he can still file a claim after the deal is done (item not as described, item broken, etc).
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
samguan

ORIGINAL: hicch2

The refund/cash option sounds like the better plan. You wont be hounded by eBay/PayPal if the deal goes down south plus it will save you money on the damn fees.
If I refund him the whole amount, is there a charge for it??

I will ask him for cash instead.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 PM
hicch2

Nope, all the PayPal fees would be refunded. You would however have to file a claim with eBay to get your Final Valve fees refunded.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're meeting in person payment should be made in person too, by cash or a certified check.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 AM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

and no paypal fee's
And no stupid PayPal antics.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

I agree with the above...local pick-up = Local pay...cash of course.  Too many ways to scam, and too many scammers these days to take any chances.  Id rather take my chances with a face to face robery attempt than an internet pay scam.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 AM
samguan

We both cancelled the transaction last night and have agreed to pay cash instead. Thanks fo the advice. This guy emailed me before the auction has ended asking for local pickup and I told him ok as long as he pays through PayPal. My initial intend was I want money in my PayPal account because tranfering from the bank will take a week.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 AM
cenracer1

Samguam.. thats the best way.. pay in person when he is satisfied.. I think paypal is overstepping its bounds again by holding up the money.. I've had that happen once when the customer paid by echeck.. but that only took a couple of days and I informed the customer I wouldn't ship until the funds cleared.. you situation is different.. Are you a new paypal member? that may be the issue here, I really don't know.. I don't think its a scam, just a real pain in the rear...
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paypal has become insanely paranoid lately, lots of things raise red flags with them apparently. Still, better safe than sorry.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Paypal has become insanely paranoid lately, lots of things raise red flags with them apparently. Still, better safe than sorry.
It's sucks but I do agree with this..
one thing two, after a dollar amount is reached and you don't have many feadbacks they will hold the money
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Mike06659

IT's an Ebay Policy over a certain amount. IT TRUELY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can take up to a month to get your money now if you sell something on EBAY. I quit selling things on EBAY to much crap. Local pickup and cash is the way to go
Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 PM
warbird addict

the solution is simple he gets the goods when you get the hard cash.
explain to your buyer whats happening with paypal and let him know that if paypal is how he wants to go
then he''ll get his stuff when the payment clears or he can pay cash for it when he picks it up and you'll refund the paypal.
if he decides for some reason he doesn't want to pay in those 21 days and shanks you with paypal you'll be a year minimum getting your cash.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

I got that message once, (I was the buyer), 3 days later the funds were released. No biggy but it did take me by suprised.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 PM
WLR1974

Just a side note about all this PayPal stuff.

I interesting part of it all is that PayPal draws and keeps all the interest on the moneys on hold. Just think about how much this adds up to in a year's time.

I have been a member of both for years, have never sold anything on Ebay (have bought numerous items) and any payments to me would still be held because I do not meet all the requirements because I have not sold anything . . . . .

May be a good reason why I will never sell anything on Ebay . . .
Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

It has kept me from selling my ERevo on ebay! [:@]
Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 PM
carlsbad0331

As a platinum power seller on Ebay with over 175000 positive feedback in a little over 4 years, DONOT give the buyer the truck.
Refund his money, and demand that payment be in cash at the time of pickup.
There is nothing that you can provide to Ebay/Paypal (signed reciept) that will keep them from taking the money back from you if he claims he is not happy with the transaction.
You MUST provide a tracking number showing delivery to his address with signature confirmation for any order over $250.
If he is unwilling to do this, then consider yourself lucky and relist it.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 AM
deunanx7

This is very good to know since I'm selling my Tamiya Egress on Ebay :PKinda side question, how about anything uder $250? still provide delivery and signature confirmation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.