Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobbyking issue -

i know this has come up before but out of frustration I am going to share my experience-

I ordered a bunch of stuff on 12/18. I paid for the items that day. Payment was processed within the next 3 days after. batteries were backordered. wait wait wait. batteries came in! 02/01/2010. remote went on backorder. It was supposed to be reserved and when I contacted them about it I was told it was not held because it has not been paid for. My account is in paid status. This is my first order with them and it's not going very well. now its 2/05/10 and still nothing - waiting for my remote to come in - hopefully nothing else goes into backordered status while I wait. I still have to wait for it to be expedited when it does come in. Nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: hobbyking issue -

Let say that battery has a -350 in stock(350 backorders). And you are the 330th guy to join the backorder list. When this battery goes in stock and HobbyCity receives only 300 from the factory. You will be on backorder again immediately.

That is what's happening with the Turnigy 2S 5000 lipo. I got an email saying that it is in stock now. Then I went to the site and it was -46 in stock. Basically, not enough new stock to cover the backorders. But if I place my order now, next time it comes in stock, it will be reserved for me.
    Savage XL Roller, Savage Flux, HPI Blitz Brushless, Venom Creeper, Mini Summit, Walkera 4#6S.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So you paid for your items and they did not reserve your remote. I would send them an e-mail using the simplest english you can explaining the situation and maybe you can get some sort of bonus credit.
    I have ordered from them and have not had a problem, but it seems to be hit or miss from what I have read. I guess cheap comes with a price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dan42

So you paid for your items and they did not reserve your remote. I would send them an e-mail using the simplest english you can explaining the situation and maybe you can get some sort of bonus credit.
    I have ordered from them and have not had a problem, but it seems to be hit or miss from what I have read. I guess cheap comes with a price.

Exactly!! ^^^^

Actually when I placed my order for the batteries it said there were some in stock but a minimal amount. Then they told me that The batteries were backordered and so I figured that I just missed ordering them while they were in stock. Oh well. But then i waited while everyting else was in reserved status for my batts to come in. they came in and then my remote when into backorder. Seems messed up. I wrote like 5 emails back and forth with them and they basically just said that when it comes it comes. but then want me to let them know if i want to cancel my order. I dont want to cancel - i just want my stuff!!

here is the status now - again first it was the batteries in backorder.

Status Paid
    Variation > Price > - >$46.60 > - >$33.99 > - >$15.95 > - >$24.95 > - >$5.99 >
    SKU Description Qty STATUS
    T5200.2S.30 Turnigy 5200mAh 2S 30C Hard-Case C 2 Reserved
    ACC6 Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/ 1 Reserved
    IMAX-401 IMAX Power Supply 100~240v 5A 1 Reserved
    HK-GT2 Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & R 1 Backorder
    AM-1015Cx10 Traxxas style Plug Male & Female ( 1 Reserved
    Shipment Air Parcel (UNITED STATES) 2000g - 2499g $31.34

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MG82

ORIGINAL: dan42

Exactly!! ^^^^

Actually when I placed my order for the batteries it said there were some in stock but a minimal amount.* Then they told me that The batteries were backordered and so I figured that I just missed ordering them while they were in stock.* Oh well. But then i waited while everyting else was in reserved status for my batts to come in. they came in and then my remote when into backorder. Seems messed up. I wrote like 5 emails back and forth with them and they basically just said that when it comes it comes. but then want me to let them know if i want to cancel my order. I dont want to cancel - i just want my stuff!!

Status Paid
    Variation > Price > - >$46.60 > - >$33.99 > - >$15.95 > - >$24.95 > - >$5.99 >
    SKU Description Qty STATUS
    T5200.2S.30 Turnigy 5200mAh 2S 30C Hard-Case C 2 Reserved
    ACC6 Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/ 1 Reserved
    IMAX-401 IMAX Power Supply 100~240v 5A 1 Reserved
    HK-GT2 Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & R 1 Backorder
    AM-1015Cx10 Traxxas style Plug Male & Female ( 1 Reserved
    Shipment Air Parcel (UNITED STATES) 2000g - 2499g $31.34
    so happy I just got out of backorder on the 5200 packs and they are at my post office now (gotta pick em up tomarrow)
    I think I ordered them 1st week of january

BTW I'd cancel that radio and pick up a Eurgle TX/RX (about $55 shipped). I was going to order the hobbyking one till I saw the eurgle and was like ok for a little more I save in the long run. I got an Eurgle and the suckers insanely good for the cash. Has alot of adjustments and in testing I drove my RC around 150-200 yards away(it vanished off the horizon) and stayed in perfect control, it also has a failsafe built in to the RX's and they only cost $8 a pop (the radio has a 8 model memory)
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not very happy with hobbyking either... I ordered about 3 weeks ago and the power supply that I need is still backordered. I wanted to cancel it because I found another place that has a similar power supply for about the same amount of money after shipping but if I cancel that backorder, I only get the money back in form of HK credit and I don't get the extra $7 shipping money back.

I don't understand this. First of all, they shouldn't be taking my money and then giving me credit when I don't want to order their product anymore. Second, they haven't even shipped out yet so I don't see why they can't refund the extra money from shipping. They would just be making a $7 profit off of me.

And their CS sucks. The online support never works. I get placed in a huge line and I never get my chance to ask question/get served.
    Tamiya TT-01 (in bits and pieces)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

I'm not very happy with hobbyking either... I ordered about 3 weeks ago and the power supply that I need is still backordered. I wanted to cancel it because I found another place that has a similar power supply for about the same amount of money after shipping but if I cancel that backorder, I only get the money back in form of HK credit and I don't get the extra $7 shipping money back.

I don't understand this. First of all, they shouldn't be taking my money and then giving me credit when I don't want to order their product anymore. Second, they haven't even shipped out yet so I don't see why they can't refund the extra money from shipping. They would just be making a $7 profit off of me.

And their CS sucks. The online support never works. I get placed in a huge line and I never get my chance to ask question/get served.
    Why I pay through paypal. I'd file a complaint there (if you paid through them)after canceling your order stating they will not refund you your money and never shipped a product

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

Why I pay through paypal. I'd file a complaint there (if you paid through them)after canceling your order stating they will not refund you your money and never shipped a product
    I did pay through Paypal but filing a complaint will also take forever and at this point I'd rather just wait to see if I'll get my stuff. I figure another 3 weeks till the order is back in stock, then another 1-7 weeks for shipping to me. In total that's 10 weeks before I can get my batteries. My RC18T that I bought is just sitting there and I've never gotten to drive it yet.[:@]

I guess you get what you pay for...

Ihave ordered a ton of lipos
    one order had 2 out of 2 bad..they wouldnt charge
    I sent them back with some code number after emailing them that the porduct was faulty
    I didn here anything for a month, I emailed them repeatedly and they have done jack
    I saw they reduced my accounts bonuspoints...that didnt make sense
    they are dirt cheap though..just sucked it was my large  mah lipos that were fd up
    If I ever goto to hong kong I am checking that place out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think that thier customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with. I guess you get what you pay for. This was their response to my last email in which I stated that I have been paid in full from the start and there was no reason for my order to be put in backorder again.

Mike,

The warehouse manager has put this order back into the system because 1 or more of the items could not be shipped. Reason;
    Temporarily out of stock due to factory error
    Product:Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx "

Maybe it is better for you to make some changes to your order.

Awaiting your reply for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How long for a shippment to get from Hong Kong. My order from HobbyKing says it left Hong Kong today. I'm think 10-14 more days before it gets here. Does that sound about right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exactly!! ^^^^

Actually when I placed my order for the batteries it said there were some in stock but a minimal amount.* Then they told me that The batteries were backordered and so I figured that I just missed ordering them while they were in stock.* Oh well. But then i waited while everyting else was in reserved status for my batts to come in. they came in and then my remote when into backorder. Seems messed up. I wrote like 5 emails back and forth with them and they basically just said that when it comes it comes. but then want me to let them know if i want to cancel my order. I dont want to cancel - i just want my stuff!!

You basically need to do smaller, more piecemeal orders. It's not like amazon. Their fulfillment system is designed to maximize the outstanding orders using stock-on-hand. That means no setting items aside to ship out for future orders, etc. Your order isn't going to be fulfilled until everything you ordered is in stock, simultaneously.

In other words, if you have an order for A and B, a third party placed an order for A only, and another third party placed an order for B only, in nearly all cases your order will be fulfilled last, regardless of the order they were placed. It's not like when A comes in, it will be set aside for you so that your order will ship when B comes in. Again, when A comes in, the fulfillment system is going to try to maximize the outstanding orders using existing stock-on-hand. It might not seem fair if you are used to doing business with the sites here (and you placed your order first), but that's just the way they do things.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: breezerboat

How long for a shippment to get from Hong Kong. My order from HobbyKing says it left Hong Kong today. I'm think 10-14 more days before it gets here. Does that sound about right?
    Mine was sent out the 2nd and the post office tried delivering it the 4th (picked it up today) but I payed for EMS delivery

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, I'm just going to call them today and cancel my entire order.

I don't want to wait another month or two for seemingly crappy quality stuff and horrible customer service.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Access

Exactly!! ^^^^

Actually when I placed my order for the batteries it said there were some in stock but a minimal amount. Then they told me that The batteries were backordered and so I figured that I just missed ordering them while they were in stock. Oh well. But then i waited while everyting else was in reserved status for my batts to come in. they came in and then my remote when into backorder. Seems messed up. I wrote like 5 emails back and forth with them and they basically just said that when it comes it comes. but then want me to let them know if i want to cancel my order. I dont want to cancel - i just want my stuff!!

You basically need to do smaller, more piecemeal orders. It's not like amazon. Their fulfillment system is designed to maximize the outstanding orders using stock-on-hand. That means no setting items aside to ship out for future orders, etc. Your order isn't going to be fulfilled until everything you ordered is in stock, simultaneously.

In other words, if you have an order for A and B, a third party placed an order for A only, and another third party placed an order for B only, in nearly all cases your order will be fulfilled last, regardless of the order they were placed. It's not like when A comes in, it will be set aside for you so that your order will ship when B comes in. Again, when A comes in, the fulfillment system is going to try to maximize the outstanding orders using existing stock-on-hand. It might not seem fair if you are used to doing business with the sites here (and you placed your order first), but that's just the way they do things.

Ya- I understand how their system works now. Just a real pain. If I would of known that to begin with I would of done something different. Live and Learn.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FWIW - Just an update on the delivery.........

it's shipped but seems to be hung up in customs..... going on 10 days since arrival in US

Date # Location Delivery Status
    8-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Item posted.
    9-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
    9-Feb-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 9-Feb-2010
    9-Feb-2010 United States of America Arrived.
    9-Feb-2010 United States of America Pending customs inspection.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tomorrow will be 2 months from date of delivery............Nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can't really blame HK for the past 9 days blame customs
    glad mine got through with no issues

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my order came in yesterday. 23 days from order to front porch. I think I was a lucky one. I won't order from them again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

only took mine around 17 days but I knew I was going to wait seeing I ordered a out of stock battery. I'd order from them again seeing I've had no issues

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEVERMIND Y'all!

Package just arrived !!

One day shy of 2 months!

It's all good. just know better now. Expect the possibility of LONG LONG shipments...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice.

I got a refund on my stuff about a week ago so I guess I can't complain about HobbyKing.

I'm probably going to buy some heat shrink tubing from them at some point since their prices are so cheap on that stuff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL the things you guys go thru for a buck
    RC8B-e FT, RC8TeFTC.E.,B-44FT, RC10T4FT, SC10FT
    AE |Tekin | Thunderpower | AKA | Lundsford

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

placed a few orders with them and used EMS shipping... less than a week from order to receiving items.. One thing I learned from them is to follow stock closely and only order items that have alot of stock.. if its less than 100, chances are it will be backordered by the time they get to your order.. also EMS, although expensive seems to get things going quicker... from order picking thru delivery... and yes, I have about a dozen of their flightmax batteries and they all work great...
    If it has wheels... I\'\'ll make it fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To get two Lipos sent to me, EMS was $11, compared to about $8 for standard, so 3-4 days, compared to 3-4 weeks is a no brainer for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast