Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
crt.5
26.67%
firestorm 10t
73.33%
hyper mini st
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one???

Hi guys I narrowed my choice down to 3 cars...The jammin crt.5..hyper mini st..and firestorm 10t. I will be bashing on streets..grass..dirt.snow ect.Imlooking for something to have alot of fun with in the suburbs that i can beat the living crap out of Im in a dilema between the hyoer mini st and crt.5 because no one has any info on them compared to each other..how do they comare 2 the 10t??Thanks DErek!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
DS

Default RE: which one???

so no one can help agian wow thats why I love rccuniverse[:'(] firestorm or mini hyper st?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM
mrsmartjohnson

Forget all of them and by the Losi Ten-T it comes with the best electronics package out there. i purchased mine about a month ago and have a blast everyday with it! it runs 51mph with sidewinder race blend 20% with 12% oil. It is a true RTR as it only needs a fuel bottle and fuel! i hit my brick column mailbox at 23mph and didn't break anything, just slightly warped the front rim, but it even isn't bad enough to replace yet! i will admit when i first bought it that i was worried about the remote start, but Losi did their homewrork on it and it works everytime!! i give mine a perfect A+++ a true 10 out of 10!!!! only thing i bought for mine was a du-bro cleanable fuel filter for $4.50 and installed before first run! utlimatehobby has it on sale for $404.95 shipped to your door, they are giving it away on their sale! All of my local hobby stores are sold out!!! Check out what you get with it compared to the others and it is no competition!!! IMHO, LOL
P.s. by the way i raced my against a losi eight-t with stock engine and beat it at the nitropit here in az. i also blew away my friend's revo 3.3 on the track and almost lapped him by 10th lap, one more corner and i would have! (he also cracked 2 a-arms trying to keep up after he told me it would be junk, LOL)!!! He has now ordered one too!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
bronx boy

stormer hobbies has the 2.5 rustler for 199.00 if you want to beat it it wont hurt so much when you blow it up for only 199.00
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 PM
DS

Only deciding between the crt.5 or firestorm 10t..whih one would be the most fun? and most bashworthy
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

crt.5 is stronger than the hyper mini st.
no clue on the firestorm.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:28 PM
mrsmartjohnson

What are you talking about, the rustler is not even close to comparisons totally different weights, size motors, 4wd vs 2wd!! Traxxas Noobs need to get a clue and the rustler is a POS with bad cheap plastic everything, radio is junk along with engine! Scale of 1 to 10 it's a 2.5 losi ten-t is a 10 and you have the radio with telemetry for other cars as well. i can buy rustlers all day for $75 on craigslist because they are junk!!! i'll race a rustler any day with my 10-t even though I way heavier, i'll outhandle it every way but sunday and won't break doing so! I just tore up and embarassed my friend with his revo 3.3 at the track too almost lapped him and he cracked 2 a-arms trying to keep up,LOL!!! You know why there are so many parts available for Traxxas is because they need them cause they are always broke, i know i owned several of them, all junk inferior products!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
fourwheels0

hey losi fan please keep this on topic.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: mrsmartjohnson

What are you talking about, the rustler is not even close to comparisons totally different weights, size motors, 4wd vs 2wd!! Traxxas Noobs need to get a clue and the rustler is a POS with bad cheap plastic everything, radio is junk along with engine! Scale of 1 to 10 it's a 2.5 losi ten-t is a 10 and you have the radio with telemetry for other cars as well. i can buy rustlers all day for $75 on craigslist because they are junk!!! i'll race a rustler any day with my 10-t even though I way heavier, i'll outhandle it every way but sunday and won't break doing so! I just tore up and embarassed my friend with his revo 3.3 at the track too almost lapped him and he cracked 2 a-arms trying to keep up,LOL!!! You know why there are so many parts available for Traxxas is because they need them cause they are always broke, i know i owned several of them, all junk inferior products!!!
ONce agian im deciding between th crt.5 and firestorm 10t!!! I dont care about the ten-t I told you that!!! Alls I want to know about is the firestorm and crt.5
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
thelbz

Id choose the crt.5 but thats just me I dont think ill ever own a hpi product nothing against them just think there is better out there for the price.

mrsmartjohnson why is it you feel necessary to keep posting the same nonsense everywhere on these boards. Iown a 10-t but do not go around gloating about how great it is and how I beat this or that and didnt break anything. Broken parts =bad driver IMO.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
mrsmartjohnson

I was replying to the guy saying a rustler for $249 was good. Wow, i got your panties in a pinch , huh! Most people like to know how the new models do and want realistic comparisons!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
DS

well crt.5 it is unless i can get a cheap ttr-st-1
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
fourwheels0

ORIGINAL: mrsmartjohnson

I was replying to the guy saying a rustler for $249 was good. Wow, i got your panties in a pinch , huh! Most people like to know how the new models do and want realistic comparisons!!!
yes and those people WILL ASK for that comparison drs92 DID NOT ask for that.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
fourwheels0

here's a st-1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-1-RTR-1-8-Sca...item4cec1e024f

considering they don't make them anymore it may be hard to find them anywhere else.
and getting parts may be an issue after awhile.

i had one and it was good but nothing to write home about lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
thelbz

I have been eying the crt.5 also thinking of building a brushless one. What route were you thinking of taking?

Also for mrsmartjohnson a real comparison would not be against a revo (monster truck) a truggy 9/10 will beat a MT, try racing against some 1/8 truggys then get back to us with some video proof on how great you did. Ifor one know my xray xt8 will beat the 10-t on a track with ease. And only time will tell how well made the ten-t is and it hasnt been out long enough to put it through the ringer, unless you have no real adult responsibilities and have all the time in the world to run it on and off the track. If i lived in AZ I wouldn't be spouting off on some message board, i would be running my truck. Just my opinion as you have yours.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: thelbz

I have been eying the crt.5 also thinking of building a brushless one. What route were you thinking of taking?

Also for mrsmartjohnson a real comparison would not be against a revo (monster truck) a truggy 9/10 will beat a MT, try racing against some 1/8 truggys then get back to us with some video proof on how great you did. I for one know my xray xt8 will beat the 10-t on a track with ease. And only time will tell how well made the ten-t is and it hasnt been out long enough to put it through the ringer, unless you have no real adult responsibilities and have all the time in the world to run it on and off the track. If i lived in AZ I wouldn't be spouting off on some message board, i would be running my truck. Just my opinion as you have yours.
I was thinking the lipo route cause I have lipos but only 2s and I dont want to put a fortune into the truck so im going to get the nitro version!! Besides electric is more toyish lmao
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
thelbz

I only own nitro but after seeing a friends brushless it makes me want to try it. The initial investment is high going to lipo that is what kind of steers me away but it would be sick to have all that power if it is controllable. It seems most brushless setups are some what useless when it comes down to putting max power to the motor.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: thelbz

I only own nitro but after seeing a friends brushless it makes me want to try it. The initial investment is high going to lipo that is what kind of steers me away but it would be sick to have all that power if it is controllable. It seems most brushless setups are some what useless when it comes down to putting max power to the motor.
personally I don't think I'd go under a 15t brushless motor again (got a 8.5t) I found a 15t brushed motors to be on the very edge of controllable (at least in my RC's)
I find my 8.5t pretty much on the uncontrollable side. Pretty much my made my brushless buggy into a point and go land based missile.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
fourwheels0

here's my hyper mini ste with the castle 4600 system in it. it is almost uncontrollable wide open on the track on 2s lipo's.
i've broken the front hingepin holder and rear hubs. and bend dogbones all the time.
the crt.5 is built beefier and should be better for brushless.
my crt.5 had a os18tz in it and i never broke or bent anything and it was stupid fast.
if i could do it over i'd have converted my crt.5.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48332.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1375428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11279.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1375429  
Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM
DS

the only reason im not going electric is because I have 2s lipos and not 3 and im going to college soon and dont have alot of cash$$ I I need to save no spend!!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Raguvian

I would go with the Firestorm 10T. They seem like very durable trucks.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 AM
bronx boy

hey bud i have 36 cars and trucks all kinds believe my when i say that whatever you have i have more and better ones . when i told him the rustler was 199.00 my thought was that this is one of the cheapest and easy to get parts and hop ups cars out there. im 53 years old i speak from experience
Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
HJJFFFAA

Get the CRT .5