Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OS .15 CV-RX

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 12:55 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .15 CV-RX

Well, let me say I hate darkness. I have been doing the family thing all day (which is fine, it is Easter you know) and I got in just in time to start break-in on my new OS .15 CV-RX. This is my first time with pull start engines and only my 2nd car engine. I was getting a little frustrated at first b/c I was pulling to my little heart's content and all I was getting was a little sputtering. It's not unlike me to break-in an engine a little too rich, so I took the plug out, gave it a couple of pulls, put the plug back in, turned the needle about 45 degrees leaner, gave it a yank and VAROOM she came to life. Let the engine warm up a bit and gave it a little throttle and off she went. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to nail the throttle, but I didn't. Just rode it around the cove at a little less than half throttle in fairly short increments until the darkness set in. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do it again

Couple of things I did notice. It likes gas much more than the little TRX engine does but this is common in racing type engines from what I understand. It really has bite also. Running it around with a big ol' trail of smoke and about half throttle it felt like it was going as fast as the old engine at 3/4 throttle. Seemed a little louder too. Guess I'll have to go get that CVEC pipe for it soon and see what this baby can do.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:47 PM
ZXX Mike

Default OS .15 CV-RX

What car are you running it in. Also, what Traxxas truck did you have.

Right now I have a Nitro traxxas rustler and want to get a RC10GT with the same engine you have.

I was wondering how much faster then the rustler it would be.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:09 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Default OS .15 CV-RX

Sorry, I guess it might have helped if I would have told you it was a TMAXX.

Just to let you know, I have since taken the truck out and continued to lean it very little at a time but still keeping it rich. I have ran approx. 8-9 tanks through it and it is even quicker and it isn't drinking as much gas. Fires up easy and accelerates very fast.