Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2wd short course cars spinning out

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd short course cars spinning out

Ok so I have heard some rumors from "some people" that 2WD short course cars are prone to spinning out... is this a bunch of hot air or is there something to this [&:] My experence with 2WD has been good and bad, my friends rustler is a doughnut king but the way it is setup also doesn't help it [:@] Compare that to my dads rush which is electric converted and this thing won't spin out if you mash the gas (both cars ran about the same power systems, low power sealed endbell motors with the same tires.) Based off this I know a SC car isn't the same as a rustler and a rush but I am thinking with the right setup spin outs *shouldn't* be as much of an issue especially if im running the stock power system. Thought i'd ask before I put down a wad of $ on a Blitz (but it applies to all 2WD Short course cars) [8D]
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 2wd short course cars spinning out

I think a lot of it has to do with setup and the driver's throttle finger. Almost any 2wd can be spun out or oversteer if you use to much throttle in the corners.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
The Hedgehog

Just like any other 2wd.... In fact I find them more forgiving than other 2wd such as my racing 1/10 buggy.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
bronx boy

the softer sprung and more wheel travel of the sc trucks give them less of a chance to spin out if you put in a few shock spacers and tighten up the suspension they will do donuts for days
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
calvino

I had a feeling that was the case. I have *NAILED* the gas on my dads car and its never really "spun out" unless one tire had gobs more traction than the other... . I have seen newbies crashing around a track and rarely, if ever, do they spin out. I had a feeling it was just a "myth" but for the sake of others... I thought i'd ask [8D]. I know 2WD buggies are really tricky to drive from what I hear, they do turn tight, but at a price [:@]
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 likes to hang the tail out, but it is in no way uncontrollable.

MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD, PAL...OVERSTEER!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

My father in law's Blitz is very easy to keep straight. Im sure if it was brushless there would be a difference, but it does really well in my opinion.

Eric