Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite rc to run, build and repair/tweak?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is your favorite rc to run, build and repair/tweak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:50 PM
john2364

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your favorite rc to run, build and repair/tweak?

I did not know where this belongs because it is more of a general RC question so I posted it here.

What is your favorite type of RC to build

What is your favorit type to play with

what is your favorit to repair and tweak?

1) Planes are my favorite to build. It can take a good amount of time to build them and see them come together.

2) Helicopters are my favorite to play with. It used to be planes until I finally learned some basic helicopter skills. I really enjoy flying them now.

3) Cars/trucks are my favorite to repair and tweak. I just like the mechanical aspect of them. In addition, you can really see a significant change in performance depending on what you do. I sometimes enjoy running cars/trucks but usually its only fun for me if I am at a track.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: What is your favorite rc to run, build and repair/tweak?

my favorite to run is the rusty vxl. is fast on 3s and pretty durable.

im starting to get into e-planes and heli. i just got a used blade cx2 that needs some work.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
coxie1996
My Feedback: (3)

team magic g4 w/ STS .12 all carbon fiber
Old 03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Speed Assault

I'll play on this thread
My Favorite, uhm that's a tough one
My most recent Favorite to Drive and Custom built is my Ridiculasly High powered 1/5 all wheel drive, 6s lipo 2200 brushless 3.5 HP. 38,000 RPM, over 2800 Watts . Icall GTP Rev-Osi (Revo and Losi parts
Have worked out most of the bugs/breaks . GPS and the HUge body on the speed so far has been 62mph, but the body really effects areodynamics, so I am hoping to build a custom body for it.
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LU42...eature=channel[/youtube]
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGm-t...eature=channel[/youtube]

PLANFORNEWGTPBODY

My favorite to chill to tunes and play with is my latest Custom built 1/8 scale Rock buggy Crawler , with In dash MP3 PLayer and 6 watt 4 Speaker Stereo speakers, with FM and real V8 engine sound
Using a 6ch Spektrum DX6i
has 2wd, 4wd and rear DIG (front wheel lock) by remote. runs on 3s or 2s Lipo mounted under the hood
Just crawling [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vIgCM6VSc&feature=channel [/youtube]
STEREO [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HnISWOV9Q&feature=channel [/youtube]
Crawling at Fordyce [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStE7E5Akk8&feature=channel [/youtube]

The most amazing RC is my Custom built 2.2 (1/10) scale BErg Crawler, Dual motor over axle with Holmes Torque master ESC and Punk RC DIGunit
runs on 3s lipo
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhWndbeKhEs&feature=channel [/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WOenaPblA&feature=channel [/youtube]

Just built my own Shortcourse truck, custom chassis and used Associated RC10 GT Tranny, suspension, losi bumbers. 2s lipo

Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Access

I think planes and helis are rather derivative, not a lot of innovation out there except for new meteriels (carbon fiber) and occasional new design. I personally would like to see more VTOLs, UFOs, 'flying pigs', hovercraft, etc. So on the hobby level I've always preferred trucks, most specifically 'monster' trucks or the 'biggest, baddest, meanest' trucks out there that can do anything or go anywhere and literally trample over other vehicle (just like he real-life equivelent). As for design I got into RC designing robots and I wish there were more Kit/RTR robots than just those sorry toys that do a stupid dance or light up and/or play a song that you see in the toy store.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Speed Assault

ORIGINAL: Access

I think planes and helis are rather derivative, not a lot of innovation out there except for new meteriels (carbon fiber) and occasional new design. I personally would like to see more VTOLs, UFOs, 'flying pigs', hovercraft, etc. So on the hobby level I've always preferred trucks, most specifically 'monster' trucks or the 'biggest, baddest, meanest' trucks out there that can do anything or go anywhere and literally trample over other vehicle (just like he real-life equivelent). As for design I got into RC designing robots and I wish there were more Kit/RTR robots than just those sorry toys that do a stupid dance or light up and/or play a song that you see in the toy store.
UFO air wise This maybe for your style mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen

Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as running it has to be helicopters... building would be heli's and planes.. tweaking would be any of my r/c, but my brushless TT Ducatti and the T-maxx are the ones I tinker with the most.. real tweaking would be the nitro 4-tec and the helicopters.. someday I'll get the 4-tec to drive the way I want it to...
Old 03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: Speed Assault
UFO air wise This maybe for your style mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen
Yeah I discovered 'quads' about a week ago on youtube. But most looked like custom built, no kits or RTRs available to the common hobbyist. The closest thing I could find was something like the X-UFO and these were too expensive, too small, etc. for what they did. My take on this is that the manufacturers just aren't innovating so the hobbyists with know-how are taking it upon themselves the build these atypical fliers. I don't think it's for lack of a market b'cos look at how much interest these atypicals get online and on the video sites like youtube.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is your favorite type of RC to build
Custom vehicles (like my one buggy) where I have to fabricate parts and make parts from various manufacturers fit and work together. making a kit is easy making something that incorporates parts from multiple sources is way more challenging and fulfilling when it works IMO

What is your favorite type to play with

Monster Trucks. Mainly my Savage X

what is your favorite to repair and tweak?

My favorite model to tweak is my HPI Nitro MT/MT2. Its a very easily modifiable platform that has an insane amount of potential for custom rigs.

I also have an airplane sitting here I have yet to build (gotta pick up its electronics at the post office tomorrow) So can't say if I'll like flying yet.