Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what's wrong with these people

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:20 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what's wrong with these people

ORIGINAL: jaken0313

i find that most people that talk in 3rd person do so because they have no friends. may not be the case, just a general observation. its ok thunderturdjunkie, you'll find your niche

Ya don't have any horns, so that kinda narrows it down.

If you'll notice above that little box where you typed your message:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!!
Awful brazen of you to be ignoring the rules like that less than a month into your RCU membership
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 AM
jaken0313

just a general observation, no need to get all butt-hurt. awful sweet pic, though. sorry, dont really get the "horns" comment, and im sure you'll have something to say about that. if my comment pertains to you its through no fault of my own. the thunderturd comment is more geared toward the car, maybe its the first time you've heard them called that. sorry to 'hurt your feelings,' if i remember correctly, this entire post was to degrade the gloaters of the hobby. and lastly, i guess i would be the first person in the world to ever forget their password and have to make another account. awful brazen to make assumptions
Old 03-15-2010, 04:02 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: rast4man

FWIW, I wasn't being rude I was really just curious if you spoke like that IRL and curious as to why you spoke about yourself in third-person.

No worries.

Regards,

Rob
ThunderbirdJunkie is not concerned about rudeness. He dispenses more rudeness on a daily basis than you probably have your entire life, so it's no problem[8D]
SavageJim finds TBJ's rudeness not rude at all; but really a form of humor that has actually grown on SavageJim. TBJ's quirks have actually rubbed off on SavageJim some...

DAMMIT! Now I am talking in third person too!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:54 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

i personally think this thread is a little more geared toward the ones that brag about their aluminum this and billet that (i never really understood what good a billet battery tray does, but maybe there is a point. i dunno.) we're all here to have a good time and if you have some advice, great. that is one of the benifits of the hobby is learning from others mistakes, but don't expect people to be impressed simply for the fact that you spent more money. truth be told, my rtr ofna is not exactly stock. i get most of my parts through trades or bought second hand, and its survived some pretty hairy crashes. to me, its kinda like those guys that jack their 4x4s up to the sky, but never get them in the mud. some are all for show. dont expect it to impress everyone, and dont get mad when it doesnt. have fun, thats why they call it a hobby!!
and btw MTboy, you clicked on the thread too. is there a limited number of threads that can be run in a day or something? just someone looking for an answer, just like any other thread. hey, didnt i see your name on a thread talking about ''your worst wreck'' and ''facebook''?
yea in a way your right
I think it was also geared towards the people who only think things like their $300 spectrum DS3 is the only decent radio out there and all other are crap (only used as an example) like the Eurgle do to its name. Seriously though someone did trash the Eurgle just do to its name saying it had to be crap with a name like that a few months back...

And piddlefoot bet my Plasma edge can beat your frog it also runs on that insanely good tamiya can, but my plasma edge only has around $100 in parts on it no where near your 1337 $1000 frog :P
Seriously though agree a BL motor would turn the gears to butter I had it happen on my Brama 10b and that was(was as in its no more ) a way newer buggy

hahaha HAHAHA funniest thing lve read in this thread yet !
What on earth makes you think l was serious about a Tamia Frog being faster than a snail ? No, a wounded snail !hahaha
l was kidding man.....
l think l said something like, my Frog will own all your Rc cars or something !
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

i personally think this thread is a little more geared toward the ones that brag about their aluminum this and billet that (i never really understood what good a billet battery tray does, but maybe there is a point. i dunno.) we're all here to have a good time and if you have some advice, great. that is one of the benifits of the hobby is learning from others mistakes, but don't expect people to be impressed simply for the fact that you spent more money. truth be told, my rtr ofna is not exactly stock. i get most of my parts through trades or bought second hand, and its survived some pretty hairy crashes. to me, its kinda like those guys that jack their 4x4s up to the sky, but never get them in the mud. some are all for show. dont expect it to impress everyone, and dont get mad when it doesnt. have fun, thats why they call it a hobby!!
and btw MTboy, you clicked on the thread too. is there a limited number of threads that can be run in a day or something? just someone looking for an answer, just like any other thread. hey, didnt i see your name on a thread talking about ''your worst wreck'' and ''facebook''?
yea in a way your right
I think it was also geared towards the people who only think things like their $300 spectrum DS3 is the only decent radio out there and all other are crap (only used as an example) like the Eurgle do to its name. Seriously though someone did trash the Eurgle just do to its name saying it had to be crap with a name like that a few months back...

And piddlefoot bet my Plasma edge can beat your frog it also runs on that insanely good tamiya can, but my plasma edge only has around $100 in parts on it no where near your 1337 $1000 frog :P
Seriously though agree a BL motor would turn the gears to butter I had it happen on my Brama 10b and that was(was as in its no more ) a way newer buggy

hahaha HAHAHA funniest thing lve read in this thread yet !
What on earth makes you think l was serious about a Tamia Frog being faster than a snail ? No, a wounded snail ! hahaha
l was kidding man.....
l think l said something like, my Frog will own all your Rc cars or something !
Thank you it was meant as a joke
and actually you said something about your frog with $1000 in parts will own all our cheap RC cars
Old 03-15-2010, 12:48 PM
jaken0313

hey piddle, my $2000 all billet brushless grasshopper will beat your lousy $1000 frog any day...hahaha. j/k?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

*holds tongue over all the stupidity

this thread has turned into a total stickshift mesuring.

did you guys ever consider that maybe ppl brag about their money pit because they are proud of their car wether it is right or wrong, same reason you do about your own stuff.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I couldn't be bothered to read through this whole thread but I got the gist of it.

I find it hilarious how people argue over RC cars, or anything for that matter, being "the best".
Especially when it's something you've bought from a shop and was made in a factory somewhere.
It becomes a bragging fest over who has the most money to spend on their gear.

I also laugh when looking at videos of RC on YouTube (Especially homebuilds) and the majority of comments are along the lines of "My car is faster than that".
Whoop-tee-doo.
I bought something that is faster than what you have, and therefore I am superior......

Mmmm.

Human nature I suppose.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

I couldn't be bothered to read through this whole thread but I got the gist of it.

I find it hilarious how people argue over RC cars, or anything for that matter, being ''the best''.
Especially when it's something you've bought from a shop and was made in a factory somewhere.
It becomes a bragging fest over who has the most money to spend on their gear.

I also laugh when looking at videos of RC on YouTube (Especially homebuilds) and the majority of comments are along the lines of ''My car is faster than that''.
Whoop-tee-doo.
I bought something that is faster than what you have, and therefore I am superior......

Mmmm.

Human nature I suppose.

^^This guy is jealous because his stuff is slower than ThunderbirdJunkie's[&:]
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Haha

Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

That 1000$ l spent on the Tamia Frog, was over a 10 year span just in original parts, hahahaha, never said it was fancy or the like !

Truth is, l like ALL rc, anything from subs, to cars to planes, there all grouse.Cheap, expencive, tough, pissweak, there all good for something !
We used touse the jet hoppers for target practice with the 30/30 winchester, hahahaha ! man were dem fun days !
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
jaken0313

yeah, if you keep a car that long and use it for more than just speed runs up and down the street, its pretty easy to have that much wrapped up in it. i got a duratrax overdrive i've had for 5 years and i have between $500 and $600 in it, not counting the cost of the truck itself. if you break it down, i guess its not bad, $100-$120 a year. i recently put a traxxas 3.3 on it, and now it flies (its like a 4x4 jato!), so i expect to break even more!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Mufasa_719

Well I was going to post on the topic but it wouldn't be somthing that that wouldn't be beating a dead horse.

One another note I just have to say Thunderbirdjunkie is my all time favorite poster, hear savagecentral well every where!!!

Thunderbirdjunkie you da man!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
redfisher1974

Brown noser.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:42 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Mufasa_719

Well I was going to post on the topic but it wouldn't be somthing that that wouldn't be beating a dead horse.

One another note I just have to say Thunderbirdjunkie is my all time favorite poster, hear savagecentral well every where!!!

Thunderbirdjunkie you da man!!!
Thanks Mufasa, now ThunderbirdJunkie is blushing[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 AM
supamagician

I read thru the first three pages and I have something to say.

WE ALL SPEND ALOT OF $ ON THIS!!!! My friend told me I wasted money bc I spent $100 on a Micro-T but I don't care because I have more fun than you can imagine sliding this thing all over the garage, making jumps and little tracks for it, and chasing the dogs all over gods creation with it AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!

I'm not going to lie, I would like nicer RC's. I have a Duratrax Vendetta ST with a Mamba Brushless...I'd love it if I could trade that in for a sweet 1/8 Losi Buggy but hey, I'm 17 with a car, insurance, gas, and a girlfriend to pay for so that probably won't happen. I'm not complaining though! I'm having fun with my 'Detta and my Micro-T and even my XMOD so I'm not complaining at all. I have my future to look forward to. I plan on going to college and becoming an Architect and making good money. Maybe one day I can have a nice RC car but for now, I'm happy with what I have and if I ever do get a nice RC I can assure you that I will not be one of those people who look down on others because I have been there, done that.

For those out there who are that way...put yourself in others shoes. And trust me, you may have the money now but with this economy....well lets just say "what goes around, comes around"

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-19-2010, 11:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Disregard females. Acquire toys, supa.
Take it from somebody that was in your shoes at your age.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Disregard females. Acquire toys, supa.
Take it from somebody that was in your shoes at your age.
OMG are you sick? normally it would have phrased that as "ThunderbirdJunkie once was in your shoes" or something similar
but still agree chances are after you plunk a couple grand on her you will go your seperate ways once out of school and see each other 10-15 years later for a reunion...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: supamagician
a sweet 1/8 Losi Buggy but hey, I'm 17 with a car, insurance, gas, and a girlfriend to pay for so that probably won't happen. I'm not complaining though! I'm having fun with my 'Detta and my Micro-T and even my XMOD so I'm not complaining at all. I have my future to
Folly. Basically if you consider the her to be on the same level as the car, the insurance, or the gas, then it's not going to work out.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:10 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

drink more beer ya loosers ! hahaha who needs girlfriends they just lead to marrages and kids and divorses and court and costs and less RC !
LOL ! hahaha
Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 PM
supamagician

ORIGINAL: Access

ORIGINAL: supamagician
a sweet 1/8 Losi Buggy but hey, I'm 17 with a car, insurance, gas, and a girlfriend to pay for so that probably won't happen. I'm not complaining though! I'm having fun with my 'Detta and my Micro-T and even my XMOD so I'm not complaining at all. I have my future to
Folly. Basically if you consider the her to be on the same level as the car, the insurance, or the gas, then it's not going to work out.
Nah it isn't even that at all! I wasn't meaning to make it sound that way. I'm just saying I have all my stuff to pay for and she understands that and when I have extra money I like to do things for her. But that isn't to say that all my money is spent on her. She understands that sometimes I also need to do for myself.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 PM
coxie1996

got that right
Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
rcslsafut

tbj, you continue to make me, lmfao!!!!!
keep up the good work buddy!!!!!,everyone here should be used to your replies by now.
and your point is very true,as far as rebadging and price gougeing!!!!