Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

whats general maintanance

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
katzcratch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats general maintanance

WHat should Ibe doing to my electric cars after a few runs? Ilike for obvious wear or problems. I used oil, which seemed like a mistake bc everything sticks to it.
Is there something cleaning wise that you do after a run or two? Iwant to make sure Iam not letting problems arise

Old 03-22-2010, 01:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: whats general maintanance

for my electrics, i used a compressed air can(dust can, like for your computer) so blow off dirt and any thing else.
always check for any screws/bolts that may be backing out.
check the tires to see if they are still glued all the way around the rims(its easier to fix it now, before the tire flies off the rim)
check for leaky shocks.
generally, just look it over and make sure nothing is broken/loose, and that you get any dirt or moisture off. with electrics, its pretty basic stuff, nothing special.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: whats general maintanance

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

for my electrics, i used a compressed air can(dust can, like for your computer) so blow off dirt and any thing else.
always check for any screws/bolts that may be backing out.
check the tires to see if they are still glued all the way around the rims(its easier to fix it now, before the tire flies off the rim)
check for leaky shocks.
generally, just look it over and make sure nothing is broken/loose, and that you get any dirt or moisture off. with electrics, its pretty basic stuff, nothing special.

pretty much every thing he said also depending on what type of motor you are running and the conditions you are running it in you may want to clean it out every now and then and lube the bearings.

a can of compressed air and a small paint brush can usualy get the car pretty clean.