Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

mini mgt 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 AM
barney 5
My Feedback: (231)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini mgt 3.0

made a trade for a brand new mini mgt 3.0, i didn't get the manuals course and have broke in the engine part way. first i only had front wheel drive and i guess the factory forgot to put a set screw in one of the rear axle cups so i put a screw in and cured that problem then was quite impressed with the little guy, now i have slippage, won't even spin the tires and i don't see as it is setup with a slipper clutch like most. i wasn't going to tear into it out in the field but has anyone had this trouble with their truck? i'm hoping it's some minor little tranny adjustment somewhere. reverse seems fine dosen't seem to slip, just forward and the forward - reverse servo is adjusted so it is fully engaged. help me out, got the truck to bash to save my good stuff but not having good luck yet!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
skrilla

Default RE: mini mgt 3.0

So you can shift it into reverse and it goes, but if you put it in forward it just revs the engine? It sounds like something to do with the transmission, like something is not engaging properly when you shift into forward. If it were at the clutch area, you wouldn't have reverse either. Something inside that transfer case is at fault.

I own an MTG 3.0, but I have never had to tear into the tranny, so I can't help you there. I bought mine last summer and put about a gallon through it. I had no problems and beat it pretty hard.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
barney 5

it goes into forward all the way but its like the clutch is slipping. i got it brand new and i'm having nothing but trouble with it. i'm on the 4th tank and had to replace 2 set screws on the diff cupps, now i got a broken tooth on one of the little pinion gears in the diff. runs great but about every 1/2 tank something breaks, whats it gonna be like when i start opening it up? i'm still babying it now for breakin. i loctited everything now while i got it tore down, need to order parts for it, kinda dissapointed......thanx for the reply.......
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
skrilla

ORIGINAL: barney 5

it goes into forward all the way but its like the clutch is slipping. i got it brand new and i'm having nothing but trouble with it. i'm on the 4th tank and had to replace 2 set screws on the diff cupps, now i got a broken tooth on one of the little pinion gears in the diff. runs great but about every 1/2 tank something breaks, whats it gonna be like when i start opening it up? i'm still babying it now for breakin. i loctited everything now while i got it tore down, need to order parts for it, kinda dissapointed......thanx for the reply.......
When you have it in forward, check your spur gears, they're exposed with that clear plastic cover. When you hit the gas I bet they spin. That means the problem is further down, ie, in the transmission where the shifting between forward/reverse is.

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with the truck. I have had no issues. There are always lemons and maybe you got one, or maybe I am just lucky.

good luck
Old 04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
barney 5

yea i'd say your lucky and mine was prolly built on a friday afternoon, lol.... my drive line seems good, the driveshafts are spinning rite. everything has been with the diff being bad and the screws missing on the cups. i hope when i replace all the gears in the diff it will be cured.(i hope) i don't beat my rigs but this little guy is gonna get spanked!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
barney 5

well i replaced broken gears in the diff, now its cool. fast little sucker! jumps good, handles not bad for a truck.