Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Truggy track setup ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
sick6stang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy track setup ?'s

Ok we established the 1-3 degree toe out and 1-3 degree camber, for starters. So 2 degree setup on all should be a good starting point. Now Suspension! I heard that you want the chassis to bottom out when you jump. So help me and all other new track drivers better understand the art of track setup.

1:Height, How high should the truggy stand from the ground?
2: Suspension feel, Should it be soft, or stiff?
3: Stance, Should the back be lower then the front?

Questions already answered:

1: Base toe? Toe should be set at 2 degree out then adjusted from there. Toe like camber depends on the driver, track, servos, tires ect. But a good starting point is 2 degrees.
2: Base chamber? Camber should be set at 2 degrees in towards the top, then adjusted from there. Camber is affected by the same conditions as above.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Redharris

Default RE: Truggy track setup ?'s

Start Here.......Then make small adjustments based on how the truck gets around the track,,,,,and on the advice of experienced drivers at your track.

1: Height, How high should the truggy stand from the ground? Adjust the Shock Preload so that the Dog Bones are level after dropping the truggy from about 18 inches.

2: Suspension feel, Should it be soft, or stiff? The guys at my track prefer suspension to be a bit stiff, (30 - 50 weight)

3: Stance, Should the back be lower then the front? I think you should start with a Level stance. Remember,,the rear end will Squat under heavy acceleration.

P.S. If you are still using the stock Steering servo and stock Tires/Rims,,,,,you are going to have difficulty steering through Sharp/tight corners. I base this observation on having Seen Kuppler drive his RXT-1 on the track, (which he doesnt do a whole lot).
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
sick6stang

My Himoto RXT-1 Truggy setup.

5 cell 3000mah hump pack.
9001 metal geared steering and throttle/brake servos.
Taller skinner tires, Proline badlands knock offs.
SH .28 8 port engine. Modded by MNModz.
Upgraded tuned pipe.
7-10-3 diff oil.
50w shock oil.
Heavier AE springs
All billet aluminum and carbon fibre upgrades.

I set the camber to 2 degrees on all wheels. Need to adjust the front and rear suspension to sit higher and be stiffer. Truggy went into the turns great. A more experienced driver actually was tearing up the turns with it. Needs set up for jumping, although it jumped pretty well. Lots of power.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video bro, need some video
Old 06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I was racing ur rig here is what I would do....first and formost say bye bye to the aluim arms....way more trouble then what they are worth (for instance your axle problem, aluim has its place on rc, but arms isnt one of them)...

second bye bye badland tires....running on a track with them suckers has to be like riding on ice....tires are on of the most important (if no the most imprortant) thing in whether you run at the front or the rear..check to see what other guys are running at your track and go from there...panther makes pretty good tires and are not usually as muchas aka or proline...ya dont have to break the bank if you shop around...anyways I would venture to guess that nobody else is running anything sim. to badlands (suprised they let ya on the track with em..lol)..if they are the track must be horrid.

as far as setup....2 deg. chamber all around...no toe on the front and slight toe in on the rear...I'd start out with 55wt in thefront shocks and 50 in the rear (all depends on your springs)...diffs I would try 5000 in the front 7000 in the center and 2000 in the rear...you want the front to pull you around the track...if you notice alot of push in and out of the corners try lighter diff oils...always drop your rc after making any suspension adjustments....ride height axles even and I usuallylet the back sag just a lil below the front (I think they fly better with less work on the trigger)...make sure to adjust you droop and give her hell

engine wise...dont know what run time ur getting but ya already got it so might as well run it ( 5 port would most likely be better suited for truggy)...just remember run time and smoothdriving is king...anytime u spend in the pits fueling and getting marshalled adds up fast...I would dang sure slap some aluim clutch shoes on it if ya havent already done it...