Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new ravager

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:01 AM
jdw652
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ravager

i bought a new ravager and this is my first big block vehicle with a single speed. the problem i am having is about halfway through a tank of fuel when i go over a jump the motor revs up like when its running out of fuel but has lots in the tank. is this normal or do i have something set wrong. it idles normal when i pick it up it actually dies i have the idle so low some times. but when I'm running around the track it revs when the tires are off of the ground. any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
skrilla

Default RE: new ravager

ORIGINAL: jdw652

i bought a new ravager and this is my first big block vehicle with a single speed. the problem i am having is about halfway through a tank of fuel when i go over a jump the motor revs up like when its running out of fuel but has lots in the tank. is this normal or do i have something set wrong. it idles normal when i pick it up it actually dies i have the idle so low some times. but when I'm running around the track it revs when the tires are off of the ground. any help would be appreciated thanks
Do you mean thatwhen on a half tank of fuel,it revs up after you've done the jump? That's probably because the fuel line picked up an air bubble from the tank. When you jump the gas sloshes a whole lot in the tank making it more likely for the fuel line to get a gulp of air.

Turn your idle up to the point of when the car is on the ground it isvery close tothe point of engaging the clutch, but not moving.

All nitros will rev a little when the tires are off the ground. With no load the tires may rotate a little bit and allow the motor to spin a bit faster. I run my idle as low as I can so I don't get much of this, saves on your clutch if it's not rubbing the clutchbell when at idle.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 AM
jdw652

it revs up when it leaves the ground and is in the air from a jump i revs about as high as when it does when it runs out of fuel. i was thinking that it is air in the fuel line too. i was just unsure if this was normal or not. i do not have this problem with my traxxas cars but they have a smaller tank and motor.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is probably your fuel foaming, then sending bubbles into the line, a good fuel filter will stop this.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 AM
jdw652

OK thanks I'll try that any particular filter you recommend or what to look for in buying a filter