Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RXT track problem

EDDIE: Pins do not punch through the caps. They seem to rip right out. I found the front lower billet mount is getting bent. The pins are tight in the cups, no movement.

bkfamily1: I have them seated pretty good in the caps. Thats why I had to use spacers on the mounts this time. I tightened the mounts flat against the differential case, and found that the pin did punch through both smaller caps. I do need the caps asap. Iwill check with Eddie to see where that order is. If they are still in H.K. I will deffinatly take you up on that offer.

Found the culprit of the whole mess today. The billet aluminum lower front support bends, allowing the lower arm pin to fling out. I straightend it out and it happened again. I am replacing the billet front and rear mounts with the factory plastic ones. The pins don't punch through the cups, they rip out. Might have something to do with the no give of the metal. Well it will give, but one way (LOL)All the impact is going straight to the small plastic pin cups. The weakest link is the lower front billet mount. If I change back to plastic mounts, they might share the impact force. I guess aluminum is not always better.
    Miller Nitro Modz (MNM) mnmodz.blogspot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I learned a important lesson these past few weeks.

YOU EITHER BASH YOUR VEHICLE OR RACE IT ON THE TRACK. Because I chose to bash the truggy before I decided to race it, I have to replace most of the steering knuckles that took a pounding. It does not take a good rc driver to run full bore down a wide open field hitting small holes and launching 20 foot long jumps. Now that I am on the track I have been noticing the damage that bashing can do to your track setup. It can be as simple as a slightly twisted mount, drive shafts. We all know that when we bash we dont take it too easy on the vehicles.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the problem your having with your front axles coming out is because you dont have your droop set....on the bottom of your arms is some grub screws...after you get the ride height you want you need to drop your truggy from about a foot or so onto a table...then you want to tighten them grub screws to were they just touch the arms at that height...if you dont do this your arms drop and this allows your axles to fall out of the cups
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

firebird78: Front axle problem has been solved. It was the pivot balls loosening up as I drove around the track, which pulled the front drive axle further out of the cups.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: firebird78

the problem your having with your front axles coming out is because you dont have your droop set....on the bottom of your arms is some grub screws...after you get the ride height you want you need to drop your truggy from about a foot or so onto a table...then you want to tighten them grub screws to were they just touch the arms at that height...if you dont do this your arms drop and this allows your axles to fall out of the cups
    Hi Randy,

Havent seen you on in a while, hope all is well, drop me an email when you get a chance or a call. Would like to say hi!!

125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

still havin puter problems (work problems and everything else..lol)....tried and tried to make another post last night and it wouldnt go...puter needs to be shot..lol
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you been running any rc's?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just electric lately...thats if I run at all....guys I race with talked me into getting a short course truck to race indoors...so I bought a kyosho ultima sc (got second my very first race with it..lol)...still running it with stock motor and esc...want to get a 13.5 brushless but with all the b/s at work I dont want to spend any money on it (if I keep running my smart mouth I might get fired and have to go back truckin)..lol...nitro is dead...my rxb needs a major overhaul (cv shafts and chassis atleast)...and have only ran the rxt maybe 20 min since I got it (yanno me a buggy dude..lol)....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad to hear you still in the hobby bro, trucking's not that bad, you can come visit us in NY!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if I get back in a truck nyc is one the last places I wanna be...lol...been there and done that...not for this kid...be hell in a car but a big rig nyc plain azz sucks..lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

omg.. hell has frozen over.... Randy got a ELECTRIC RC!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT http://himotoracing.com, http://himotoracingusa.com
    Owner of The 805 Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya...but nitro is dead...if I could run a nitro buggy I would...well I could in wichita, but me and the guy that runs the show there dont see eye to eye...and I wont bless him with my presence..lol.....electric is ok but I much rather run nitro...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well at least your running a RC....
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT http://himotoracing.com, http://himotoracingusa.com
    Owner of The 805 Hobbies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12